Tuesday, October 24, 2006


it been 15 years....every each a tear would trickle out seeing every sister keeping a fast for their brothers....d brothers cracking sordid jokes playfully but caring enough to take time out to be there for their sisters on bhai phota,to give them blessings and sharing this amazing festivity that proclaims the beautiful love and naughtyness filled relationship ...........strangely before i could even understand d true meaning of bhai phota....i was left out this one festivity....
family feud,brothers being too busy in life to come home for their kid sisters....whatever may have the reason...bhai phota was a ritual that i always craved for..but never got to celebrate it....
this time however things are different....family feud all resolved and my brother was there....like soo many other sisters i kept a fast...and my brother braved horrible traffic to just be there for me as he knew i was hungry and thristy...this yr i didnt stand behind the door smiling through my tears and tryin to throtle the longing in me to give phota to my brother.........

2 comments:

rohit said...

bhai phonta is just such a wonderful day. it as mcuh important for the brother as it is for the sister

samrat majumder said...

Thank u sis ... i hope tht its just a starting and many more photas to come in d near future ..
love u my sis ... u r sweetest demon in d whole world