Wednesday, December 13, 2006


CSA

i came across Pranaadhika's blog about Child Sexual Abuse-CSA and all of a sudden memories came flooding....while reading about how 80% of cases of CSA its within the family....i felt something stir deep withing me...i knew somewhere i have been a victim to it too...i too have gone through agonies of feeling "unclean" and "impure"...how i couldn't muster the courage to speak to my folks about this fearing that they would never believe me or understand me....n how to my horror they actually didn't..... though they came around later....i know the feeling that the mention this topic brings to my heart....i feel smothered and chocked....its something i would probably never forget....scarred as i am...i know some day may be i will heal but i know in some cases people actually never come out of it...they are affected for life.....i have been extremely lucky to have escaped this by a close shave.....it could have been more drastic....so i would like to raise my voice and urge people to speak out and to prevent such heinous crimes to be committed....these so called "uncles" and "brothers" need to be taught a lesson....children are blooming buds..they deserve to grow and live life unscathed by such dreadful experiences...today it is someone else....next it could be your near and dear ones.....so people do not sit back but rise to the occasion and protest and lets join hands together to combat CSA together ...so that someday we can build a better life for our predecessors.......here's to ELAAN.......kudos! for doing such a wonderful job.....

6 comments:

DEEPEST DESIRE's said...

dis been a serious topic ... and u do express each and every point of it very clearly .... i think it's time fr u to write more of such serious topic ...

Anonymous said...

you never told me about it...its really sad to know about it but am glad it was a close shave and u out of it.. yeah now u must contribute back to the cause.. may u succeed more than just writing in here in blog.. puneet

Manas said...

hey really offtopic, but thanks for th kind word :)

I'll give your blog a thorough read as soon as I'm done with the last few papers// :)

Living On Video said...

Thanks for visiting my blog :)

And good to see you,doing your bit in spreading the message. :D

rohit said...

if yu want to tell and are confident about it then go ahead but remember dear yu have to stand by it... once the pandora's box opens yu have to stand thru a series of storm....

raka said...

@Viewers

People.... let me clear the air a bit.....I was NOT molested...but cud have been easily if I didn’t prevent my self from a really tricky situation...I now how even a brief encounter with a situation like that had scarred me so I raised my voice against CSA....