Sunday, March 04, 2007

a day with samik and his family

this must be my best holi ever.....i was invited over to samik's place by his parents for holi.... i have been to his place quite a few times but this must be the most significant one ever.... my day began with a little mishap..where my dad didn't want me to go out in case someone misbehaved and the transport being scarce...it took a lot of convincing and a bit of fibbing to get out of this sticky condition...i arranged for a friend to meet up at her bus-stop...dad personally dropped me there and when he left me i hopped on an auto to samik's place....sometimes hiding does seem exciting...i am sure if i had told mum and dad that i am going to meet samik it would have been ok but then its fun at times to try new things......lol!

the whole day passed at the blink of an eye...i helped kaku and kakima cook lunch...learned how to fix a fuse...and got some inside information about samik-the son...it was hilarious..taking pot shots at samik,while like a lazy cat he slouched on the sofa watching some old hindi flick...this time the awkwardness of meeting kaku kakima just wasn't there...the comfort level was high and so was the familiarity...it felt like home..i noticed a marked change in them.....they were more open and affectionate towards me.....and for once i wasn't the "friend" but the "daughter"...it was amazing that kakima,who is usually stern,opening up enough to say that she trust me more than her son,kaku proudly proclaimed that he is lucky to have me-a new addition to his family who is his equal in every way....and that if ever samik is to bring someone else home he will personally see to it that samik rots in hell....it was all too overwhelming...and i must say i was very touched.....

in the evening we went on a tour to see their new home...and i was shown "my room" ahem !ahem!...it was actually samik's room....kaku even asked me ...what are my choices regarding the room and if i found the house acceptable enough to consider living in it...[blush! blush!] we then went to samik's grandmom's place where we had another round of teasing samik...he being an easy target....it was one day filled with so much happiness and fun galore....... its been yet another milestone, a red letter day in my life and i must add its been very overwhelming to see people who were virtual strangers just a year ago,now accepting me as a part of their family and making me feel so loved...

9 comments:

onnesha said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!so wens the big fat indian wedding???:P

Raka said...

@onnesha
not in the next 5-6 years...

rohit said...

thats so sweet
and at time doing forbidden things are fun nah

Raka said...

@rohit
yeah...its like moth drawn to the flame...i guess im reading too much of sufi poetry

Ouroboros said...

amake biye te daakbi toh?

Raka said...

@diviani
sure sure...chocolate cake from kookie jar as desert...i am sure u ll come after hearing that :)

Opaline said...

Ye Gods. I am much afraid for you. But I hope you stay this happy always. =)

Raka said...

@srin
trust me i am not always this happy...just that i am a very optimistic person...if one reads between lines on can see certain disappointments which gets over shadowed but happiness

GAURAV said...

A Brief History of TIME - by Ms. Raka Majumdar!