Wednesday, March 14, 2007

poetry reading session


my seniors in college arranged a 'poetry reading' session today...and Rohit informed me of it few days back and i completely misunderstood the whole concept...so today on being asked if i had gotten my poetry i was shocked and surprised...well firstly,i dint know that we were supposed to read ur own poetry and secondly,i have never made public my poems,except maybe on my blog.

after however agreeing to read my poem,i rushed to a Debashree di,our professor and she took my blog URL and went about helping me get my print out...since in the HOD's office none but the prof's are allowed to use the pc.to my dismay one of the printers we were using weren't working....luckily Suchorita mam,who was checking her mail in the other asked us to mail her the poems so that she could take the print outs for me...soon it was printed and i had them with me...what an embarrassment it was...to have my professor knowing my blog url and for them to read my poems..its too overwhelming and embarrassing.....

the reading session was reeally wonderful....my poems were appreciated...Raka,my senior even told me to make it into a song...and to see people appreciate my writing filled my with the confidence i lack within me regarding my creation...Rohit read the poet's empathy,it is my favorite poem written by him.i simply loved Prakriti's poems....one-who-must-not-be-named wrote a poem on "mana"..and it was hilarious...Ghalib's poem was heart rendering and so was the thought behind the poem written by Satish....this was the first time i attended a poetry reading session and i enjoyed myself to the hilt...we might even start a poetry club and have such sessions more often....

No comments: