Thursday, June 07, 2007

recap:today

Today was the first paid day at my office....last few days was just training....there was this impending gloom working within me...i just did not want to work....i had a good mind to just quit and mop on my near penury... ok!! not penury but then not very affluent either....i know that doing tuitions isn't as lucrative as working, just 1 month in my current office so reluctantly;chiding myself from the moment my eyes blinked open i prepared for the onslaught..the torture that "an un-enjoyable thankless job" entails but then it is this same job that will bring stability to my life and my expenses so i shouldn't be complaining....

I had an early morning shift and so i got out of home earlier than usual... as i sat on the bench in the metro station waiting for my training...i saw people....in tens...hundreds or probably thousands all gearing up for another grueling day at their respective job....all are scurrying towards their work stations...to fill their coffers...to provide their families the luxuries and 4 square meals a day.....despite their likings or in fact disliking they are out...struggling hard to go on...to work so that their families are well off.....i felt ashamed...i was working just to take a bit of my dad's burden off...instead of asking for maybe a bit more pocket money i am fending for myself [i get a moderate pocket money]..suddenly my reason to work seem too small and too in consequent...and probably meaningless...that lifted my gloom to a great extent....


After endless phone calls....few banged the phone without listening and few were cordial..finally it was a relief when it was 2pm and my shift was over...moreover tomorrow is the casual wear day...hurray!!!its a pain to wear formals to work...what with salwars and elaborate dupattas [part of our attire]thankfully i can just slip on a jeans and a tee team it up with floaters/sneakers [thats the way i am usually :)] i really pity the professionals and senior management people or people from the hospitality industry who always have to wear prim and proper official clothes to their work station..despite the comfort....the only other comfort for me in office is the ac and the tea/coffee machine [ does wonders to my almost always hungry tummy which is on diet....]

finally the storm clouds that were brewing the last few days are now threatening to spill and its really wonderful to sit by the window and let my thoughts take flight and records the days happenings as my fingers punch furiously on the keypad....we sure need a heavy downpour to wash away the grime and heat of the last few days...what with the mercury rising and the humidity going up another notch..phew!!! we need torrential downpour....to drown out my gloom to fill my senses with the smell of the wet wet earth..tiny droplets of rains breeze into my room...making my glasses hazy....yet the feel of the cool breeze on my skin is like a balm that does away with all worries and cares of the world....all i want now is to dance upon air and let the rain soak me head to toe and let my spirits fly!!!

3 comments:

Lisa Francisco aka AVIANA said...

Congrats on the new job! I feel you on the whole thing on looking at your surroundings in the morning and seeing the looks on people's faces and their reasons for doing the same thing, going to work to provide for the family...

ur very observant and intuitive...good qualities

kaylee said...

AHHHH sorry to hear you almost wanted rto quit...stay with it,,,it will get better.

Rajeev said...

SO ur workin noW!?
Good! :)
dont u worry, u'll get used to it! hehe! :P

peace & love
Jeevy