Monday, June 18, 2007

Recent Events

Today is by far the best Monday ever..despite the Monday morning blues...there was probably a spring in my step from the moment i hopped out of bed,to get ready for office...scratching your head in bewilderment???well i put forward my in formal resignation in my office to my manager [who thinks it is a leave notice and i didn't bother to rectify her :D ...poor soul when she finds out...hehehe serves her right for being such a pain in the A$$] moreover i got another tuition today,pay is good and so is the subject i will be teaching.with another one in my kitty probably i will be well off.since samik is having work from 3pm -12am the duration and time to speak will be less and random and meeting is well...out of the question...what with college reopening soon talking in the morning too,wont be possible..i will have to make do with late night chats and weekend meetings..but i am not cribbing..at least he is here in the same city.

Despite giving in my notice to a thankless job today i ll probably miss working with rohit and other new friends i have made there..the frequent coffee making sessions and the trillion calls to friends and relatives from office phones...my friends now are tuned in to my urgent whispers and emphatic voice over the phone calling insisting that they talk,while i pretended to be on a call,what with my manager hovering around..probably this job has instilled some amount of confidence in me to face unknown people and conquer the fear of unknown....yesterday i went to Big Bazaar to get some supplies,where i stopped at the mobile counter to check out the cells as i am planning to buy a new one..so this person behind me was accompanied with a friend and merrily they passed a comment on us...out of the blue very unlike me i found myself turning back and asking "have you got anything to say?if then ask directly instead of passing snide comments!" this took them unawares and me as well...samik turned and took my side...there was almost a scene with the men having being caught in action and despite being guilty their behavior was extremely rude,spoke of the lowly upbringing...in the end they were asked to leave and we moved on our way ..the fact remains " i protested!" something i would never have done before...but i found courage to raise my voice against the wrong...my job taught me that and for that i will be forever grateful!maybe there will no longer be those free phone calls to friends and family,the chats in office pantry,making charts or gossiping...but the freedom of my spirit and my creativity will be back...its celebration time...Liberation at last!

here's to freedom.....cheers!!!

8 comments:

`NEFTY said...

Yayyy:]]

oliver said...

haha. such a fun post. i'm so proud of you.

*hugs*

Jeya Anand said...

something for u...in my blog...U r being ******.....guess wat?? come check it...

Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi... said...

fun post..!!

KAYLEE said...

YAY! FOR YOU!

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Smartalec said...

atta gal, raka! that's showing everyone, be it ur ex-boss, the comment-passing chap, etc :D
living true to ur pseudonym as usual;)

Superunknown said...

All the best Raka for life ahead with S...

BTW my URL has now changed to

http://milliondollarexpressions.blogspot.com/