Saturday, July 07, 2007

Apna Sapna MONEY MONEY !!!

Since I have blogged about almost everything connected to me I however think it’s extremely unfair not to write about my spending habits… people have strange habits when it comes to spending….some spend money or balance ….some are stingy… and the third category of people… that is methe saver. This I am sure is going to make many laugh and many wish that they were like me, but, straight from the horse’s mouth despite being “the saver” its almost like a an illness…..

I get a decent pocket money…to most it will be a fat one…. But since I get the money on a daily basis I feel extremely handicapped because the amount I save could be more if I had been given pocket money like most in the beginning on the month…. A fear always works behind me that I haven’t saved enough of that the target I had set for me to save hadn’t been reached yet…or the fact that I haven’t had time to visit the bank to deposit the regular amount of money that I vowed that I would in the beginning of the month… little by little I have quite a niche… but even that doesn’t seem enough….its not as if I am a miser and that I don’t spend …I actually do…I go dutch with friends and samik… I indulge in shopping for my necessities ranging from clothes to earrings, bags to shoes…. Just the thing that matters more is saving up!

Recently my dad required some immediate cash that he would return once the back would open on Monday, since it was the weekend …. He first quoted an amount. Seeing his hesitation I asked what the actual amount was that he wanted and he reluctantly replied…and I said I’d help him out since I have an ATM ....he nearly fell off the chair…in amazement and shock…because as far as he knew I had deposited an amount 9 months back while opening an account even during the course of a few months he hadn’t even dreamed that I could almost double the amount….aint i a good girl!

People who are close to me know that I am a bit dishonest when it comes to taking money from dad regarding college fees…and why wont I? its just my charge, to take transport money which in turn is also my pocket money lol! What do I do with the cash? simple I save! If I donot have a decent amount stashed away…I feel bankrupt or rather worthless… and this anxiety is not a make believe thing…I actually spend sleepless nights to think how is it that I can improve my finances…where this particular friend of mine keeps urging me to take a cab home or even buy that ipod I have been craving for or even the cam cell…. I give a nonchalant nod and give a knowing smile and say “naaaah!...nothing doing gotta save up!”

14 comments:

KAYLEE said...

GREATPOST!!!! I like to save my money too!

Irresistible Desires... said...

decent..hilarious..naughty..

damn neat post.!!

Diviani said...

ei....template verynice...

also me, i believe in frugality (even if i may not practice it myself at all times) and i envy people who are able to double money just by saving....shekha shekha?

:P

Sunshine gal said...

hahaha.....damn funny post..i mean most ppl wud be a trifle bit hesitant 2 write abt dere saving frenzy..bt u toh...LOL..way to go gal..i wish Two ppl who owe us money..2 vry specific ppl...cud read dis..dey wud understand what kinda terrible time dey r giving my dear frnd....

prajyot said...

hey...howz u?its been days u visited my blog...wass up??

Naresh said...

ha ha cool... ur husband ll b happy :P

Astraeus said...

straight from the horses mouth??

straight from "the raka's" mouth

Rashi said...

lolz...:)

KAYLEE said...

:)

phoenix said...

@kaylee
same pinch girl!

@irresistible desires
hehe yeah was meant to be funny!

@diviani
all thanks for the template goes to mandy

@ipsy
:D

@prajyot
sorry pal will do it soon....

@naresh
heheheh

@rashi
:)

@rohit
r u ready for a good beating??

KAYLEE said...

:)

Anonymous said...

:)

KAYLEE said...

:)

KAYLEE said...

:)