Thursday, July 05, 2007

rainy day

I woke up with pitter patter rain drops on my window sill…I pulled the covers up and snuggled in…the sweet haven within my bed is a welcome pleasure with loaded pressure of the past month or so….when I look back I feel proud about me…this past one month I have suddenly grown up…I have stayed active.. I have done a part time…had a blast with friends…helped dad in office…and its really remarkable that I survive on a petty amount of cash on two whole months…its no great feat for me because I am a BIG saver…but despite the nagging thought of hardly anything to save and a shoe string budget I can now heave a sigh of relief! College starts in 6 days time…so does the influx of pocket money :D..


Wearing a faded blue jeans and a baggy tee I sit by the window…and type furiously…feeling extremely happy and moody at the same time…it feel good to brood…and its hard not to.. what with the romantic weather …just perfect to sit and let your thoughts take flight….with a steaming cup of coffee with legs curled in within me…it seems absolutely heavenly to close my eyes…smell the coffee and feel the warmth seeping through the cup onto my palms.. Rain makes the whole atmosphere somehow a whole lot chilly…and nothing like coffee…I notice this change about me…earlier while in school…despite being a very school loving kid who hated to be absent I used to hate rainy days because it made me gloomy…now I simple cant pull myself out of the spell of nature….be it rain or moon or breeze…I associate smells and feel,to memories and feelings….


Like a larvae evolves into a caterpillar and then into a beautiful butterfly I have evolved…become more mature…. Strange how in my childhood I was tagged as “the girl who was bright but didn’t work hard enough to prosper”… always an underdog I took every snide comment into my stride, I knew someday I ll prove that I am not a worthless fool… I knew that someday I ll grab eye balls and do well… just that time hadn’t come…but it will… and this semester it did it for me… and all those people who thought I am not good enough can now go to hell....


If the morning was so picture perfect and romantic the evening was polar opposite and nightmarish….. I went to teach that day and I waded through knee deep water to get there… and then after a pleasant one and a half hour of being there I left in heavy rain…. Then being the dutiful daughter I called up mom and asked her if she needed any supplies because I knew the depression would last for the coming few days….and that was one huge mistake…I missed a bus the only one that would take me home…. Mom knew that I finished my tuitions so she began to worry as the weather worsened….i got drenched in the cold showers pouring in heavy torrents…stood alone under a roughly created roof…with stinky people staring at me getting translucent by the moment…and that awful smell…arrrrrgghhh! Somehow thankfully after almost an hours and half the bus finally came and somewhat packed like sardines I reached my stop…I waded through the water half way home but had to come back to take a rickshaw that took 4 times the fare and then in absolutely no light…I literally swam in above knee deep water with rain pelting down…while frogs croaked as backdrop music and stuff floating by,which I tried real hard to overlook…I reached home drenched…but in one piece…does that mean my tryst with rain stops after this?? Hell no…even after 3 days of continues rain…feeling handicapped without electricity in regular intervals and absolutely no internet connection and no cable…I still love the rain…


Today I went to college…armed to beat the rain that threatened to play spoil sport…with my jeans rolled up…. wearing a jacket to beat the rain and the chills with a huge umbrella in a gay colour… and my my! Didn’t we have fun….first in college. Where we all huddled together, having coffee and chatting up and then a nice coffee treat in CCD...what a splendid way to beat rain at her own game!

9 comments:

Sunshine gal said...

I could picture evrything that you said....its almost like i was watching a film...You r that good with words...You use them as colours and paint scene after scene on the empty canvass of my mind..and soon enough i have a colourful collection of the most beautiful potrait ever....all of which leave a lasting impression on my mind....

Da day saw such a wide range of changes....cn almost b compared 2 the changes that a year witnesses as the spring turns 2 summer then to autumn and den to winter...

You r good...u need to b sure of that...and until and unless you knw that 4 urself..no amount of appreciation wud evr satisfy you....I know U R good..thats all i cn say....and i wont say anymore...

Wish i cud b at ccd..Bt sumtimes acting pricey helps...[:P]

phoenix said...

@ipsy...

i know what you mean...the advice is well taken...

kaylee said...

GReat post..I agree with sunshine gal....I could make a mental image of everything you said :D

phoenix said...

@kaylee
awww

KAYLEE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KAYLEE said...

hehe and I wonder why people think I suckup to them :) I wrote bacl on yahoo to you:)

phoenix said...

@kaylee...
i am sorry but i donot agree...you DONOT SUCK UP to people

AVIANA said...

Wow...beautiful writing! i followed you the entire way....yes i too love the rain..it is very romantic but i also has it's selfish bitter side since it does what it wants without thinking of how it affects your day....

have a nice weekend...again...beautiful writing....

KAYLEE said...

:)