Monday, July 02, 2007

RESULTS!!!

the leaden feeling has finally eased out...the tension draining me out...the anxiousness and pressure to perform bogged me down..and i was a nervous wreck...reason:results...few days back ipsy got her results...from then on it was always on my mind that my results will be out soon..this realization make life literally terrible..i cant take things that easily...results matter to "me"and much more than anyone can suspect....where my friends were cool or appeared to take the shock well i was the nervous wreck...just before the exams and soon after it i had analyzed my performance and created a statistic,which unfortunately i lost...so even more i felt dis-balanced...i like to know or plan things beforehand...after a tiresome sleepless night i finally woke up on Monday morning to do my my daily chores...i almost broke down once in college..when my friends teased me regarding the results....this last semester i know for myself how i sacrificed precious time with samik...and loads of other things..and i studied...i went to the library....surfed google and i made notes....one day before exams too i helped my friends out...the amount of studying i put in this semester had i put in while i was in my class 10 or even 12 i probably would have done way better.....so one can understand how anxious and nervous i was regarding my results...i had loads of things to prove to people...and thus to perform well was my main aim this semester

at around 2.30pm we saw our profs walking in from the administrative building towards out department and they were carrying our results....one of them was our HOD and the other sayantan da....they paused before climbing up the stairs to check some list and i took the opportunity to ask sir if i did ok?he peeped in and smiled..."bhaloi koreycho.... you got a first class" [ you have done well ...you got a first class....]the tension whooshed out of me...first class is good..its very prestigious in our field...so good enough! i have a decent score then..i thought to myself...just outside the HOD's office sir handed us the mark sheet and we pounced upon me...and in the mayhem i couldn't locate my glasses without which reading marks would be one huge task....somehow i first located my marks and my pal rohits we both did well....and then once i calculated our percentage i went back to check my other pals marks...so that i could sms them...it was one hell of a task....thankfully i got a 66% which i really dint expect...it was one pleasant surprise...i came 4th in class... yay! more than anything i am just happy that i got what i deserved and my hard work paid off...it was one great relief then on...the tension of the last few days soon wore off...and till now the happiness didn't hit home maybe it soon will...now...i am just feeling relieved...alls well that ends well....isn't it? :D

now thinking back makes everything look so funny....me saying my hail mary's [which i always do unconsciously whenever i am in trouble...it always helps]rohit stood outside the gates of campus because last semester i checked his results for him while he was out of campus....a superstition he believes in...hehehe...soura kept telling me not to take tension but he was sweating profusely....some were chewing nails..others were praying...people out of town calling up to find out....it was really hilarious ..we were all a bunch of crazy kids...funny how pressure can make us behave like lunatics...oh!yes there is this one piece of good news....earlier according to our curriculum...we had to do a paper in Bengali,a compulsory paper...but since we[Bengali's as well as people who took Bengali as their 2nd language] are not that fluent enough to express by writing in Bengali script,we had appealed to our HOD to look into the matter and voila!we don't have to study Bengali if we don't wanna,it has been made optional now..a prospect which was a distant dream is now a reality....more reason to celebrate....yay!

12 comments:

---> Rahul™ said...

Congrats for your awesome result..
Good score Raka :)
Keep it up..

phoenix said...

@rahul
gee thanks!

KAYLEE said...

GREAT JOB....I am glad you did well:)

phoenix said...

@kaylee
thanks...

Dream catcher said...

CONGRATS!!!! that calls for party!!1

phoenix said...

@dream catcher
:O party...who r u?i dont know me lol!:)
thanks anyways...

Sunshine gal said...

YEEEAAAH...YIPPEE..YAHOO....(now wers dat emoticon dat denotes party time...)..Whatever....i hv seen u act lik a totally loony toon character coz of exam pressure..u h given a wonderful time to some of ur closest ppl..now its pay bck time....PARTY..PARTY...PARTY....
(sorry hv becum sch a big glutton...was only think abt da party..missed out on da quintessential CONGRATS...)

phoenix said...

@ipsy
party..:O thank god! u didnt ask for a treat!btw i think we deserve sum all girls fun! to celebrate our twin results..watsay?

Shamash said...

*yayness*

happiness galore

u deserved it

phoenix said...

@rohit
:D

khyati patel said...

oye..... u never told me u came 4th in class...i knw u got 66%... but not abt ranking!!!!
congrats gurl!!!!

KAYLEE said...

:(