Tuesday, July 17, 2007

So long Farewell..


i saw you one day peeking through the curtains of your room,watching us play cricket 10 years back...and i had to convince you to join us overlooking your vehement protests that you simply dint know how to play cricket....and that marked the beginning of an everlasting friendship..bonded in childhood,together we grew up..and along with it evolved our friendship...we shared almost all our"firsts" together...first night stay...first cooking session...first shopping spree alone and so many more things....those late night talks....boy friend woes...those days of saving each dime to give each other christmas gifts....card making sessions....those games on the road and a friendship that lasted through a whole decade.....

in the years of growing up we have been distant yet near...the frequent night stays became rare....we started dating...our boy friends became the top most priority...from the triplets: you me and putu we became fragmented...but whenever we met it was just like old times.....the undiluted fun and sustaining friendship.....today as i let my mind wander down the memory lane....dusty memories ....beautiful images and cobwebed thoughts come back to haunt me....as the train takes you a thundered miles and then a hundered more far away from me to a distant land...my friend more like my baby sister is going away.....it seems like yesterday you came up to me asking "what do you know about s**?" and i in a flustered state tried my level best to explain about the birds and bees...you have always been my sister...from arranging your closet for you...to trying your hair into braids....from lending you clothes for a party to scolding you for doing something that you shouldn't...and even defending you in front of your parents...its been an awesome time with you...and the realization that you are going away to study elsewhere my heart aches painfully...rivulets run down my face....as i wish for the millionth time you were here with me....with you gone the last of my childhood friends and key to my golden childhood is lost,maybe forever,others have all grown up and gone away and the house we played in has been broken down and there now stands a huge multi storied...

Putu, Tua and Me

i am glad you didnt see the unshed tears in my eye when i told you to take care...im glad you dint notice my nails biting into my palms painfully as i packed your clothes with utmost love...i am glad you dint see my strained expression with my heart dying to beg you to stay...you no longer are my baby sister i scolded myself....you are going to pursue your dreams....and i kept silent drowning my pain and anguish with ramblings about the things you should do and shouldn't....

in the distant land maybe you wont have the comfort of putu or me soothing you when you are upset....lending you a patient ear to your problems....or even offering you the advice you terribly need but then you will have our loving thoughts...priceless memories of our childhood and two friends back home who are waiting patiently to welcome you back and who is endlessly worrying about you and praying for your well being.....

love you tua.....
will miss you loads....

14 comments:

Jeya Anand said...

hey...cool...Farewells are a part of life:)
we gotto get into the groove in those hard time:)

KAYLEE said...

i am sad today today:) at least you have other friends:P

Kaylee said...

but I know how you feel I have had to do the same thing actually recently:)

Kaylee said...

are you better yet?

Sunshine gal said...

Therez nothing fair about farewells and nothing good about goodbyes re...but then its a part of life....It's a beautifully written piece..bt it touched me more because the words felt so genuine...Take Care....

Rajeev said...

this is how i felt when my bro left to US! I still miss him! :)

nice post.

peace & love
Jeevy

ani said...

u just made me feel how my sis must've felt wen i left... u've put tat expression into words! luv ya..

Superunknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Minko said...

Don't know what to say really, sometimes words can become too much you know.

Silence has a lotta things to say. So for now, just listen to the sounds of silence...that helps..

KAYLEE said...

:)

anurima said...

you might already be knowing this... but putu/ somashree has been my friend since my Loreto days... :)
and i have known her sister as well... reading about those people with whom i have shared tiffins and jokes, made me open a long forgotten farewell diary... and there it was- the last entry was somashree's in neat cramped writing. now i know what it means to be 'distant yet near'...
thank you.

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

:)

adrija said...

hey..i never knew dat u luvvvd me soooo much...!!!thanx alot re...dat brought tears 2 my eyes 2...!bt hey im bak nw...cudnt leave u alone..n nw am gonna ruin ur life s usual...lol!luv u lots