Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Happy Rakhi


Yesterday was probably the best Rakhi I ever had. It is not however usual, that once relationships get severed the second time it has the durability to stand tall for future. Yesterday proved to me that if you have the sentiment and the zest to see it to the end then nothing is impossible. One step from us can change our lives. Like Shakespeare said “our doubts are traitors, it often makes us loose what we could have achieved, by fearing to attempt.” Something very similar happened to me. My brother’s family and mine were having some issues way back from our childhood, and we were denied each other for over a decade. Then one day a miracle happened, our families came together once again only to split! This time none of us were kids yet I guess we both didn’t know what to do, when family pressures weighed down. Then one day unable to take it anymore I messaged him and he replied. Together we decided not to let the issues of our parents come in between us. We are individuals capable of taking out of decisions.

Unlike last year when we celebrated Rakhi, in the presence of parents and that too after ages of being apart. This Rakhi was celebrated secretively, away from home, lest our parents came to know. But all it mattered to him and me was, each others company. We were meeting after ages, despite living in the same house. Our talks seemed to be endless, as we caught up with the recent happenings of the recent past. All misgivings were forgiven and forgotten. The walk was pleasant and extremely companionable, brought back memories of old times and loads of happiness and it seemed that life had come a full circle. Had I not given up my ego and spoken to my bro, I would probably still tie rakhis to my other friends but not to the wrist which mattered most to me. In months I am truly happy knowing that there is still one person who loves me to death, even though he may not show it to me. To me, my bro is the best brother in the world..love you loads Dada Happy Rakhi!!

8 comments:

Sunshine gal said...

Not only Doubts but our Ego often stands in the way of our true happiness...not allowing us to reach out for what we actually want and deep down we try to convince ourselves that we are happy succumbing to the whims of our Ego...
Am glad to know that you hv put Love before your Ego...Gr8 Going...

KAYLEE said...

GREAT GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Keshi said...

Happy Rakhi to u too!

Keshi.

**dramadiva** said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Drama Div@ said...

i know i was like few days late, but who cares.. Happy Rakhi, everyone!!

AVIANA said...

Hi Chicki!

Thanks for stopping by!

Don't worry about your birthday. I wish I was 20 again. U are living life. Don't let those pressures get to you. You are far too young wait 15 years before letting any of those pressures get to you and by then you would have gained wisdom to tackle them effortlessly. Of course I'm speaking from an American point of view...

I'm glad u and ur brother have joined again and are not letting the families' unhappiness get to you. It has to stop somewhere and you guys have decided to stop with you. There is a cause and effect for every action.

You have chosen positivity and postivity will come back to you.

You guys being the young one from the family have something to teach the family. However they are too ignorant and hateful to see it.

Please stay in contact with your brother. Your happiness depends on it...

Happy Raki...

Aviana

A Liberated Soul said...

Sweet!

oomi said...

thanx dude and i'll also link you