Wednesday, September 05, 2007

happy birthday!

I have finally come back to blogging after a small break due to internet connection not being there. My blog keeps me sane and posts are my motivation and without it I felt like a fish out of water. But thanks heavens I am back with my mate, my blog..

I came across in Annie’s blog her memories of childhood and that triggered off a series of things within me. Today I saw her, after 2 whole years. We stood 10 yards away from each other and she stared back blankly and eventually she turned away. I stood smiling ruefully at a childhood friend gone astray, never to come back again. Then even I moved away and went on my way. Yes I have grown up.

I was then in fifth grade. On one rainy day I had stood with two of my closest friend, exclaiming to them how the next year we will move on to sixth form and that too in the senior building, this realization filled us with a sense of adulthood and importance. That day the building right across the road: our senior school seemed like paradise and a gateway to adulthood. Then came the dream of college, it came and went away. And now on the threshold of adulthood, [I’m turning twenty] the normal excitement and fun is not there. Now I know what actually adulthood means. Not just fun and independence but it entails a lot of adult problems. But then with each stage we get the maturity to deal with it too.

In the eve of my twentieth birthday all the memories of childhood, seems to come back. As if to guide me into the dawn of adulthood. In the course of time people have come, only to go away and some have stayed back, maybe for a lifetime. The people who are still there holding my hand and helping me to let go but not to forget my childhood.

Mom presented me a gold chain for my birthday, said she wanted to give me something that I ll value all my life. And I really do, this is my first real jewellary and it feels great to make myself worthy enough to get such a gift. Today she related anecdotes of my childhood and that really made me realize the weight of the truth: that it is finally time to grow up. To forget my childish ways, to preserve my innocence and take the responsibility. Today I promise myself to remember all the good memories, forget the bad and let go of the people who are no longer there in my life, and truly make a new start.

Happy Birthday to me!

15 comments:

oomi said...

many many congratuts!!!!!!!!

ani said...

many happy returns of the day darling!

kudos darling!

Astraeus said...

Happy Birthday Raka....

may the bits and pieces of memory so shared remainin ur memory as an archive of all those people who mattered even if for a time frame

Happy Birthday again!

:)

KAYLEE said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!:)

phoenix said...

@rohit
yeah they will be there a reminder of happier times and almost an utopian dream!

thanks for the wishes!:)

@everyone
thanks you soo much :)

Drama Div@ said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday, Raka! Hope it's the best one yet.

'A' Rod said...

Happy Birthday! Have a ball :)

Sunshine gal said...

Happy B'day...
After every lil experience that you face and brave, you find that lesser and lesser number of people r standing by ur side...Bad experience help u to sieve out the worthy(of being called FRIENDS) from the unworthy...
Hope u knw it, and value the bad times too... :D

Rajeev said...

that was really sweet of ur mom! :)
have a blast today!
Happy Birthday!

peace & love
Jeevy

DreamCatcher said...

many happy returns :)
here u go!!!
rock on..

p.s. plz enable other blogger comment..i get difficulty leaving comment...

n yeah m a guy :)

AVIANA said...

happy birthday sweets!

may you bounce on the clouds above and sing with your dreams as your smile shines down on us... :)

hapy birthday!

Ashish Soni said...

HAppy BIrthday....

Wish you lots of joy and happiness in life..

Rashi said...

thts the sweetest b'day wish liner i have ever seen...

wish u a very happy birthday sweetz...

Cin said...

Happy Birthday dear!You are only beginning on your wonderful adventure, and heres to many many many many more!! Love always

Cindy

KAYLEE said...

LOVE GOLD CHAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

and I willl catch up with you later i guess!