Friday, November 02, 2007

Goodbye!

This is where it all began and this is where it shall end.i had met MR FART MAN through blogs.i used to read him and then lost him and then miraculously found him again.from then on it had been a steady ride.I've always valued, what was a virtual friendship and it is in him i found a friend and a brother,and i allowed myself to reveal more than i would like to otherwise.my inner most thoughts,fears and dreams were at his disposal.no matter how much we fought,sometimes in jest and sometimes ferociously i knew he would do nothing to harm me.

But it all came to an end.it had initially started on from the fact that he had practically abused me for nothing because he was stressed and i came handy as a punching bag,to soothe his nerves.this didn't go down well with me as i got offended.instead of feeling apologetic he thought wise to act his "i know i am right attitude".then few days we were completely out of touch,so one day really worried about his absence i decided to mail him,asking him about his whereabouts and that was the biggest mistake i could have done.Pat came the reply,why do you keep popping back into my life...or something like that...really hurt that my genuine concern is treated with such scorn i sent off another mail back to him.after a few volley of mails things looked grim.abuses were hurled and what seemed like a durable friendship fell apart!i am no saint,i take my share of responsibility and admit i have been more than rude to him but then he has not left me unscathed.

what bothers me the most is.my innermost thoughts were exploited by him.i can deal with people telling me things about my past or things that has happened to me,because i am secure about them,but to have my innermost thoughts and fears,that i had so trustingly shared.being flung at me as abuses is something that hurt me beyond measure and made me more vulnerable than i ever was.it is just another lesson i learnt about real and virtual friendship.friendships cemented over virtual medium can be just as potent when it comes to hurting and harming others.i had always hoped to have friends from the bloggerville but it turns out that it is no better than real world.in fact just when you think that you can be yourself with this virtual friend of yours he/she will lash back at you.there is no place which is safe from hurt and harm.whatever has been said and done it is time to move on.

ADIOS!

9 comments:

Abhishek Khanna said...

in this world everyone will hurt you at some point of time.. it all depends if its worth it

phoenix said...

@abhi
so true...

Sam said...

hey... i agree with abhishek here.. but the thing is you do get really good frnds out here too.. i;ve found them.. and the best thing taht I do is.. transport them into my real life.. no longer confined by the limitations of the internet.. but governed entirely by what I and teh other person can do!! so.. cheer up... the world has got nice and fine ppl... it may be tough for u to find dem.. but they r der nevertheless!!

Suki said...

Would agree with Sam.

and you gotta remember that it's the same people in the real world and virtual. So why should expectations and reactions be different? :)

curryegg said...

Uhhh.... hate that kind of person.
Anyhow, I will support you here. Just happily do thing that you want and there is nothing to be worried of.

Have a nice day!
And good luck for your preparation.. Mine has over.. there will be another 2 papers.

WIsh you all the best!

Jeya Anand said...

Everyone Hurts...Everyone cries!!
Let go of it...:)

Anurima said...

"Shit happens"
- Forrestgump.

...and you know it now! :) tc

The Anonymous said...

Everyone should see this.. http://www.project71.com/readme Enjoyy!

Pri said...

virtual friendships can hurt real bad...just like real ones!
in fact sometime even more...
hope u move on fast and all the hurt goes away...
take care!