Sunday, January 27, 2008

Letting go...

Dear You,

I have to admit that I do feel your absence and being me, it is but natural. The cause of your absence is known best to you. It is something I have come to terms in a most calm manner, as if it was the most natural thing to do, yes you taught me this would happen.In the past, we bonded because the twin and parallel nature of our personality, it is an oxymoron in itself but then it was just what Fate wanted it to be. You have been there like the lodestar that guided me in some of the darkest days of my life, and harnessed me even in times stormy. You taught me to differentiate between real and genuine from the farce. You accompanied me to the journey of self realization teaching some of the most treasure lessons of life. You never sympathized with me, neither did you offer pity it was just your empathy that I needed and that was all you offered. You told me people are mostly selfish beings who go to any extent to just do their own good. No-one values genuine feelings or emotions, they are just the rings of the ladder that moves up, hence people will just scorn and mock me, so I need to be one of them to beat them at their game. you taught me diplomacy as a part of survival, keep your friends close and enemies closer, this is what our elders say and this is what you told me to practice to survive this struggle for survival; where just one slip and we are trampled by materialistic moron who care two hoots for what we think, feel or stand up for, our personality and individuality is over crushed under the colossal weight of all that is wrong and unethical otherwise.

I have retained my individuality, the very essence that sets me apart from others but I have learned the ropes to survival that you had once taught me, and it is this knowledge I treasure, none but you could have taught this valuable lesson and ensure that it was indeed well learnt.You meant so much to me, and in your time of need, when I saw you wince with obvious discomfort I wanted to be there, but you brushed me aside saying nothing was the matter, I let you be, because you had taught me to do so. I suffered seeing you suffer. Then came the realization, it was not the solitude that you seek, maybe you do, but this was just a ploy to distance yourself from everyone, even me, like everyone else, your need was met and it was time to move on. I saw you turn over a new leaf and any trace of commonness or the relationship we share was wiped clean, I was left no option but accept the void you left behind and I did a commendable job. I took it on the face, with surgeon like calmness, brave heart like courage, not a tear did leak, not a cry of agony; because I had learnt the last lesson of survival: never waste your emotions on someone undeserving, cut your losses and move on, you had said; and that was exactly what I did.
Goodbye,
R


P.S-i am leaving for my college excursion to Arraku Valley, Vizaq and Rishikonda on the 31st and will be back on the 6th, till den do miss me and pray for me because my semester results will be out today or tomorrow and tomorrow i have an internal! do take care and will cya soon! :)

12 comments:

Bubbles of FireWhisky said...

"Never waste your emotions on someone undeserving, cut your losses and move on, you had said; and that was exactly what I did."

loved wt u wrote...

all d best 4 ur trip... n a happy n safe journey... im lukin 4wrd 2 fotographs...

Pri said...

we all have our demons and we gotta face them...some of them tear us apart while some make us stronger...
loved the post...:)

have a nice time...take care and all the best for ur results :)

will missya

Abhishek Khanna said...

all the best for your trip n results :)

little boxes said...

move on dearie...i know ur brave enough to fight ur own devils...
n all the best
god bless...

KAYLEE said...

I WILL MISS YOU :(

:: Clouds :: said...

I was soo scared yesterday when I read this but now that I know what went wrong,thank god(i love cellphones :D)...I'll just say,cosmic sis,just stop worrying about what's gone.
Moreover,you don't know something.Some people may be very good to us and speak ill about us behind our backs. Let go and move on.

Love you loads. Enjoy your trip.

And I love blogger 'cause it introduced the both of us.

Mwuahs. Hugs.

Sunshine gal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunshine gal said...

Have a nice time...
Hope u have an AMAZING RESULT!!!!!


Move on..its best dat you do so..Leave behind those, who have sought out a different path and picked up a different battle for themselves-Its dere choice.

Try to Understand what has been left unsaid,don't question the Silence...Savour the Moments Spent together,don't Wish them back...Keep the Memories alive in your heart,don't let them Fade away into oblivion...

KAYLEE said...

MISS YOU ALOT CAN WE PLEASE TALK ON GMAIL Or YAHOO (one of your mornings preferrably) when you get back?????? I hate not talking to you now.MY friend I ,love you :P

KAYLEE said...

and please tell me why ou wrote this? I am worried now???

J E E V Y said...

have a nice time and come back soon! :)

-Jeevy

Irresistible Desires... said...

Hey.. came to the blog thinking ll write in d comment tht u must b havin fun in Vizag m sure..trying to b smart..lol..but u d already written it..
m sure tht Khyati is havin fun too..

well..for the post..
happened to me too..so can understand..

n to add to it..

"Everything for the Best"