Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Gloom and despair visited me once again and successfully conquered my optimism as I gave in to desolation and hopelessness. It is amazing how my castle made from ruins of the onslaught of fates cruel designs, fell prey to her for the umpteenth time! Mercy is what I seek but even in my darkest hour does fate yield to me and happiness eludes me.

It is often said, the good is always rewarded and the wrong punished but in my lifetime and my experience has witnessed, just the contrary. The undeserving gets rewarded while the hardworking is dealt an unjust hand by fate or luck!

I never really believed in luck, man makes his destiny, and this was my conviction. But today’s incident proved that indeed life is not always fair and deserving always gets let down when others pave their way ahead. I have been a lousy blogger ever since I came back from my trip, the reason being my last semester results which were terrible and I have putting my ever waking hour into struggling to make up for all those times. I have cut down my sleeping hours from 7 hours to just 3-4 hours per day. Instead of spending time frolicking with friends I have put in extra hours to do research work. And what is the result? Just the same, people who copied got the same marks as me and people who hardly do regular classes, who are unaware of what is being taught in class until the day before the test, who hardly work as hard as some of us have: have merrily scored high and what a relish it is for them! Nothing can be more depressing and frustrating than this! Value for labor and hard work is hardly the yardstick to measure ones credibility. Where foul and unfair means are adopted to move ahead! Where is the justice therefore? And what happens to those who truly deserve the fruits of their hard work. Probably these marks will loose importance in times to come, what about the scarring effect it has on the mind and the zeal to prosper, what happens to the hours of toil one puts in to genuinely do well. Isn’t their efforts and hard slogging thwarted? How then does one find the courage to fight, to struggle to do good when all they are disenchanted by the state of affair! Is it then that good will never be rewarded and the bad proper, do we all adopt foul ways to prosper or stick to their conviction and their karma? I have lost my line of reason and totally disillusioned by the way life works.

10 comments:

di.di said...

>>Gloom and despair visited me once again and successfully conquered my optimism as I gave in to desolation and hopelessness.

tell me about it... im having my worst week ever!!

phoenix said...

@di.di
i have been having worse 7 months of my life! :(
hugs

rOhit said...

Me too me too, thrown into deep slumber once again. All the worst days are giving devilish grin and wrapping me up. :)

As your blog title says. "Tough times don't last but tough people do."
I'd say..

"In the end people last, they do survive. Its just being strong eases our way out of the problems." ;)

So the ball is in our court. :)

Abhishek Khanna said...

dont blame students who cheat.. blame the education system.. blame the parents.. blame the neighbors.. blame the relatives..
In past 20 years of your life.. ever such a thing happened that any of the parents, teachers, neighbors , relatives asked you.. ki beta wat did you learn.. instead of asking hw much marks you got.. or wat is your rank in class??

you know sometimes one cant help it.. you have to go with the flow..

Bubbles of FireWhiskey said...

ahh... the education questions is a personal favourite of mine... there is something wrong in the system for sure...

tanuj's mum is a teacher and she has been at the recieving end of many of my tirades about the injustices we college students face... and she said something that stuck... "what do we do mann? we want the work finished. and if the student, even if irregular and insincere has finished it, what do we do? dock his marks? for what? his work is already complete?"

if a certain person who is irregular has copied something from someone who is regular, be sure the teacher has made a point of it even he/she doesnt say so at that moment... the point is, you know that you put in the work... and that will show no matter what... keep the faith raka... you're a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for...

hugs...

mayz said...

ignore this advice if u find it too weird...
been thru graduation...been thru PG..a MBA from XLRI...now in d corp world...been thru n no of itvs in my life...taken a lot of intvs myself...one thing is common...world is harsh...n if u r not u'll b left behind...
one thing i tell every1...its not who u r, its how u sell urself...

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

ya dear..me too have suffered from all this and still suffer...d worst part is intrvws are also conducted on d basis of marks... :(

still i wud say..have faith..and continue bng honest and hardworking... thr wud a time wen thz will be rewarded. now sweetie come out from ur depressed mood and smile.

hugs :)

phoenix said...

@rohit
you have a point there :)

@mann
i have never really thought it quite that way! :| it makes sense nonetheless

@abhi
so true...why cant they ask for a change what have you learnt...good one there :P

@mayz
whoa!my god!im impressed
i guess i have to start being a bit more professional and a lot less emotional from now on...

@preetilata
yeah they do check marks in interviews and that matters too... :( but its ok..i will work twice as hard as i am now...

Astraeus said...

life is just so unfair
but thats how it is

phoenix said...

@rohit
yeai know it is :(