Saturday, August 16, 2008


Dear Dada,

It is Rakhi again. There is so much I want to say to you, but I won’t, because it doesn’t matter anymore. I’m tired. I’m tired of missing you. I’m tired of hoping that things will change. I’m tired of waiting for you to rise above the petty differences that our parents share. I’m tired of our memories, which keeps reminding me that the reality is different now. I’m tired of explaining to you, that I love you. I’m tired of trying anymore.

My tears have run dry. My heart has turned into ice. I’m angry at myself, for I keep reaching out to you but you keep disappointing me. So I won’t do it anymore.

I won’t tell you to put aside the differences, anymore. I won’t tell you that I look up to you. I won’t tell you, that your cold attitude hurts me. I won’t plead to you to think things differently, because I love you and you are the only brother I have. I know you don’t care about me anymore. But I do, and will always. But I will no longer pine for you, and no longer wait in hope for you to change. Happy Raksha Bandhan!

Love always,

Your sister,

P

12 comments:

The Lover said...

this is sad....why is it like this?

๑۩۞۩๑♥V♥๑۩۞۩๑ said...

touching...i miss my sister...sob sob

phoenix said...

@lover
hmm maybe because he is too weak to do things differently

:(

@๑۩۞۩๑♥V♥๑۩۞۩๑
:)

vanilla sky said...

its sad when such a sweet bro-sis love falls prey to family feud
may be ur bro is also a prey to present state of events
its your love that counts and surely one day he will reciprocate it :)

mayz said...

i hope this isn't for real

Keshi said...

this was sad n felt like it was written with so much pain. HUGS!

Sometimes the closest ppl in our life r the furthest from us..

Keshi.

phoenix said...

@vanilla sky
i doubt if he ever will ...

@mayz
its true

@keshi
thanks keshi for understanding

KAYLEE said...

AWWWW Sad :( are you alright?

Aneesh said...

AWW!!
I don't have anything to say!

Vinz aka Vinu aka Vinayak said...

@phoenix,

That was a genuine rakhi greetings..!! Your bro surely is loosing a great amount of love..!!

Someday, things will turn around good...keep faith..!!

nicely imbibed ur pains leaving the reader too sense it..!!

aqua gurl said...

so much emotion attached, very touchy

Aaarti said...

Awww girl..
Could feel the pain in those words[completely understand].... jus hope he seees this, realises how much you love him.

as keshi said - Sometimes the closest ppl in our life r the furthest from us.. "So true"....sigh!!!