Sunday, August 17, 2008

The walls are closing in
Fear gnaws at my soul;
Darkness reigns.
My eyelids grow heavier
My back hurts,
I'm losing consciousness
The end seems near.
Hold on, but for how long?
Despair looms, close at hand.
The world threatens to crumble,
But the hope still remains;
Dreams live on,
For a new tomorrow
Will there be a new dawn?
Will golden sunshine illuminate my soul?
Will there be yellow butterflies
Filling my heart with happiness?
Will the warrior of light
Rescue me, from cruel reality
I know times will change
And happier times will reign again
The golden tomorrow awaits
If only I don't loose faith.



11 comments:

Buzzz said...

Amen it really wud ;)

Aneesh said...

Exactly!! It depends on your faith and belief and attitude. Just hope for the best and the best will come your way. You'll get what you want if you really expect it with your heart :)

Ria said...

Beautifully written. :)

The Lover said...

bful poem...i think in the last line you meant lose, not loose.

Vinz aka Vinu aka Vinayak said...

@phoenix,

nicely written..

The golden tomorrow awaits
If only I don't loose faith.

those lines were too good...

Kaylee said...

I love that post but am really worried about you raka :(

Keshi said...

**The golden tomorrow awaits
If only I don't loose faith

I feel this way alot!

Beautifully expressed..


Keshi.

Matangi Mawley said...

tht was lovely poetry! :)

๑۩۞۩๑♥V♥๑۩۞۩๑ said...

//world threatens to crumble,
But the hope still remains;
Dreams live on,//

my thoughts exactLy... :)

have faith in yourself rest will follow..

phoenix said...

@buzz
:)

@aneesh
thanks

@ria
:P

@lover
u r right!was a typo

@vinayak
thank you..coming from you means a lot

@kaylee
im fine dont worry about me :)

@matangi
:D

@keshi
great minds think alike?:P

@[-v-]
ai ai sir!

Keshi said...

oyess! ;-) HUGS!

Keshi.