Friday, September 19, 2008

A walk down memory lane

No I am not going to dust the dirt off my memories, or awaken my conscience which can never deny your existence. Not I am not going to linger to relish the moments we had shared. To be honest, time and love have already started to erode my memories, what remains is snippets of what was and what I will never let it be. Yes it belongs to the past and that is where it is destined and willed to be.

You will ask what the purpose of writing this is. And I’m silent. I know not what to tell you. No I’m not in love with you. Yes I am happy in my life now and I’m looking forward to my future. I guess I am just trying to make peace with something that marked a change in my life; forever.

I don’t know where you are now. I have almost forgotten your face. But I still battle with the memories which are no longer a source of pleasure but a reminder of something I would never like to remember. Sometimes when I walk past your old house, my mind drifts to you but in an instant that too is forgotten. I keep coming across things that remind me of you. I should cringe in remembrance but I don’t. I wonder how I could change thus, that nothing related to you affects me anymore, no fear or nostalgic grips me. But I can’t do away with you completely I try but I can’t. Why? No I have no hangover of what was, I don’t want to recreate the past. I am happy in my present but past comes back now and then to remind me that were there, that it had all happened you were there. It is not just my imagination.

Years have passed. I hope you have moved on. I want you to know I am happy and in love. I have a happy tomorrow waiting for me, when the person I love the most awaits me for the rest of my life. I want you to be happy too, in whatever you do. I want you to move on beyond the shadows of the past. I hope you will rise above the guilty feeling of pushing me away from you. I have forgiven you, but I can never come back. I hold you in the highest regard, and I wish you the world of happiness. Heed to my request and walk away from the past; which will give you nothing but grief and unhappiness. Accept that what happened can never be altered. Embrace reality, hold my hand in friendship and let me guide you to the golden sunrise, from where a new life will begin with a new tomorrow. Time has not run out, if only you make an effort. I will be there, like I have been always, as a friend always there in need, trust me. Let not your past mar the future you can build and the happiness that can be all yours if only you reach out.

9 comments:

Aneesh said...

Good post,
Yah, it is said that "there is no injury which time cannot cure".
Moving on is what's all about life. Past is past and it won't come back, that is sure!

•♥•♥Vicky♥•♥• said...

//Time has not run out, if only you make an effort. I will be there, like I have been always, as a friend always there in need, trust me.//

if only she says this to me..i would be so happy.

Zubin said...

very..very beautifully written.. :)

I hope the one for whom it is intended..reads this..and understands it as well.. :)

Priya Joyce said...

hey u can't be called wannabe writer u r already one u just win hearts.

here in this context I wud say the same as aneesh time is the healer dear
tc huggz

Buzzz said...

yeah good post. when the memories are past sell date, its better to dump them.

phoenix said...

@aneesh
yup! :)

@vickey
people have their own pshychology yaar

you have me for a friend though... :)

@zubin
sorry buddy but he doesnt read my posts or doesnt know my net identity :D

@priya
:D thank you soo much :)

@buzz
yup i agree :)

Vinz aka Vinu said...

:)

nice one..though its a bit painful for 'that one'...

life got to go ahead..no reverse gear..!! the early we realize, the better for ourselves..!!

:)

•♥•♥Vicky♥•♥• said...

i know i know.. :D

phoenix said...

@vinu
i agree..but sometimes what happens is ultimately for our own good...
and one should be alert as to what he/she is doing because sometimes like just doesn't give you a second chance.:(

@vicky
*hugs*