Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Part 2 [The Second Chance]

“Are you always this sure of what you want?”

I looked up from the tee i had just choosen to buy, to a guy in stripped shirt, rolled up sleeves and a pair of fitting jeans. He smelled of expensive cologne.

“Almost, always.” It can’t harm talking to a stranger will it? After all this conversation ends with me walking out of this store

“You can tell me to go away if you want but then I need a small favor from you.”

“Yes?”

“I have no idea in women’s clothing or accessories. Umm.. will you help me find something to gift?”

“For your girlfriend?” I asked immediately, before I could even stop myself, jealous was I? To my surprise he started laughing. I liked the sound of it.

“No it’s for my sister.” Phew! I wondered why it mattered at all whether this stranger had a girlfriend or not. But I admit, it did please me that he was single.

“Hi! Im Neel.”

“I’m Nayona ”

“Please to meet you Nayona”

Time flew as we went shopping for Neel’s 18 year old sister Nandini. It surprised me that we seemed to zero in the same things and that he had a sense of colour and fit which most men seem to lack. The fact that a brother put so much thought to make his sister’s 18th birthday so special made me like him even more and wish I too had such a caring brother too. So with, a nice pair of navy jeans and a branded tee, chunky bangles and hoops for earrings, our shopping was done. We stopped at the mobile counter to get Nandini her first mobile. With a little suggestion from me, we got her the latest yet handy model from the leading manufacturer of mobiles. With shopping done it was time to leave.

“I can’t even begin to thank you for all you’ve done for me.”

“O don’t even mention it. I had a great time myself”

“Coffee?”

“Would have loved to but not now. I’m getting a little late.”

We went our separate ways. It didn’t occur to me then to take this forward and ask for his number and neither did he mention. It was one really nice and sweet experience which I thought was one of its kind. It was only later that I regretted not taking his number, because I would have loved knowing him, for he did seem like a nice guy. It was his naughty eyes that made him really endearing and lovable, almost.

To be continued…

15 comments:

Harshita said...

Hmm... I wonder how they'll meet again.

U know how to keep that suspense alive ;)

Eagerly Eagerly waiting for Part 3

Phoenix said...

heheh part 3 tomorrow at 8.30 watch out...

Tara said...

Oh God! When will it be the 30th, 8:30 pm? He he...:)

Phoenix said...

in just about 23 hours

dilmainhainpyar said...

hmmmmm....i hope i am nandini so that i can have such a sweeet brother....

will be waiting for the next post

Phoenix said...

so do i ya... :) i really need a new phoen.. my present one is really troubling me :P

Keshi said...

2 days I wasnt ard in Blogville and already I missed 2 parts of ur story :(

Keshi.

Priya Joyce said...

this is very very interesting ...I loved it..hey I am just eagerly waiting for the third part..
lovely

Ria said...

He he i always love meeting single cute men!! :) Jus adds tht spark to ur life. ;) :P

Chriz said...

will they meet again?
your story?

mmm

and nice three column layout

Aneesh said...

ending with suspense ...
part 3....

Phoenix said...

@chris
maybe they will maybe they wont...
look out for the next part...

@ria
yeah right tell me about it :)

@pj
third part coming up:)

@keshi
hehe :P

Phoenix said...

@aneesh
part 3 coming up :) in about 10 minutes time..

Buzzz said...

love is blossomingfor sure :)

Sandeep Balan said...

"I looked up from the tee i had just choosen to buy, to a guy in stripped shirt, rolled up sleeves and a pair of fitting jeans. He smelled of expensive cologne."....you know how to paint a visual image of the created character...really important for a story writer...again left me asking for more...suspense maintained...he he...cheers!