Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Role of intimacy in a relationship


i was wondering about intimacy in a relationship. I'm c'mon we are are adults and lets not be hypocritical here. my point here is to determine the role that intimacy plays in a relationship and just what makes us feel comfortable enough to be intimate with the other person; the person can be a boy friend/girl friend,wife or even live in partners.


I'm a prude in matters of intimacy but then i do realize that hugging or holding hands or even kissing or making love is an extension of the feelings that we harbour. but there is as much as i would display. im very conservative when it comes to PDA. intimacy is a very personal thing and should be kept within control when in public, holding hands is fine or an occasional hugging or a brief kiss is pretty acceptable too; but going overboard with PDA is just so gross. the other day i was a mall and a couple walked by. the man seemed the possessive kind, who kept on pulling the girl close and hugged her to him or delivered a kiss every now and then, while the girl was visibly uncomfortable. for bystanders like us it was very embarrassing to see such behaviour.


they say, human touch is very important in a relationship.so of course intimacy plays an important part in it. personally making love is something id like to explore only after my vows are exchanged. however I'm not averse to those who choose to consummate their love. for me i need to trust and respect my husband to give my body and soul up to the person. you will ask me, why, isn't love important while making love? id say, other than love marriages most are arranged there love happens later. in either way intimacy is a natural course to follow in love or relationship.



so what is your take on the role of intimacy in a relationship? and just where to draw the line with PDA.

16 comments:

Buzzz said...

my views right here :

http://sam-memoirs.blogspot.com/2008/05/wooing-somebody.html

phoenix said...

@buzz
yeah ive read it..and i do understand your point of view... its justified if u wanna shower ur attension on ur gf but then she and the society may not be that confortable with it you know... in india PDA like ive already stated in one of your post, is a trend that is just catching up...

Vinz aka Vinu said...

its personal i guess...
PDA done in a descent manner is not to be blamed...

Yeah, but as u said, if the partner herself is not comfortable it becomes a bad thing...

but so far kissing and hugging is upto the couples themselves...Others can mind their own business..!!

(Personally i dont indulge in PDA..i am too shy for that..)

:)

phoenix said...

@vinu

so am i...

•♥•♥[V]♥•♥• said...

PDA ..sometimes i love watching too people totally in love and making out..
sometimes i don't like..

for me it's all about my mood...i may like it or may not.

PDA ..main to kabhi ker nai saka..I liked one and she had other ideas.

but have to say If both are comfortable i am too.
it ain't a sin to love and show it.

phoenix said...

@vicky
feel it and flaunt it eh???

cool!

Keshi said...

I love this song. One of my favs.


On the topic, I simply dun like being engaged in PDA. Just holding hands and a quick stolen kiss is ok...but to feel body parts, touching too intensely etc is just too much. Love and affection in a r'ship is a very perosnal thing...it doesnt hv to be displayed in public. There r rooms for that :)


But others doing it dun bother me..as long as they r not nearly having sex in public LOL! Trust me some ppl r gross ewww!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

**personal

Priya Joyce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Priya Joyce said...

I believe in a relationship as such there has to be a thing called touch ..u see its very important in a way..

but public ally displaying it ..as u said mite make the other person itself feel uncomfi..

so my opinion wud be that its better to abstain frm PDA in as it is too a part of civic sense ..coz' sum people reely get annoyed wen they see such things...
amd morover every one has their own homes u see...I mean private things shud be kept private tats it.
my opinion mite sound childish..lol

mayz said...

well frankly its all abt how comfy u r wid ur partner...i really dnt see y d world shud bother a couple...
so PDA or no PDA depends on how u tk ur relationship

Buzzz said...

gettin comfortable with PDA is all an individual's call and one got to respect it!!

phoenix said...

@keshi
i agree...roxette is my all time fav..im glad we both love the song :)

@pj
no babes its not childish at all..but in a way its damn practical and mature too :)

@mayz
true but you cant be selfish and without manners to do obscene things in public to make others uncomfortable and ashmaed by your actions...somethings are best keep behind closed doors....

@buzz
definately but one shoul not go overboard with it..to disrupt the casual flow of life..im sure no 1 is interested to watch live action of some intensely intimate and private moments of a couples life...we are humans in civilized society...not dogs on streets....one must be a little subtle...PDA is good but it should be done in moderation...

Zubin said...

No PDA, no PDA for me...!!!
I am too shy for that.. :D

If I ever get indulged in PDA..I'll be the "embarrassed" one.. :p

and nice post..:)

Sakshi said...

I couldnt agree more with you. =)
Cheers!
S.

Aneesh said...

It is right, for anything there should be a limit. even intimacy can be boring if it's too much :)