Thursday, October 16, 2008

Stolen Tag

Ive stolen this tag from ceedy because i simply loved it...

Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?
my sister and my mom forced me initially to get started on reading books to cultivate it as a good habit. but soon it was not a matter of being told to read but it became a choice...

What are some books you read as a child?

i started reading NOODY first and then series of enid blyton mysteries, secret seven,malory towers, st clares, famous five, farthaway tree series, etc became my whole world...ive read all of enid blyton books :)

What is your favourite genre?
romance and fiction, though i admit im a sucker for romance... i must have read millions of mills and boons and never tire out reading them...

Do you have a favourite novel?

i loved The Thorn Birds by Colleen Mcculloughis is my all time favourite,harry potter series, paulo coelho books all falls under the category of my favourite books..not just one book, that counts

Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?

i ahve a stack of books waiting to be read but i read one book at a time...

Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
it doesnt really matter actually for me anything that has something writted or printed is a reading material.infact i read paper bags made of newspapers as well :)

Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?
all of the above, sometimes i go on to buying a book that i had borrowed and read. but mostly i borrow books unless i see something that i just have to buy.

Do you keep most of the books you buy?If not, what do you do with them?
of course i keep them, i have a collection of my books; straight from my childhood days

If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them?Were they some of the same ones you read as a child?
id tell my kids when i had them, but for the present i keep telling my neice and my students to devour all of enid blyton books they can lay hands on; the books does wonders to a child's imagination. yes they are the same that i read as a kid.

What are you reading now?
the god of small things-arundhati roy

Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list?
definately

What books would you like to reread?
harry potter series, paulo coelho for sure and there are so many more to mention

Who are your favourite authors?
J k rowling, enid blyton, paulo coelho, kamila shamsie, chetan bhagat, shakespeare, etc

now i tag-buzz
PJ
and aqua girl

13 comments:

Zubin said...

Oh..you are online..:p

Zubin said...

Nice tag yaar...you are a very avid reader..

I like reading too...but I am more into thrillers especially by Stephen King and I love science fictions too.. :)

Students? You are a teacher..??

Buzzz said...

come online !!!

phoenix said...

@zubin...

i ahve tuitions yaar..not a full blown teacher.... i like stephen king too..he is rather cool..have read just one of his...


@buzz
im online yaar where are u?

Keshi said...

I used to be a book-worm during my school and Uni days. Now Im a blog-worm :)


btw Enid Blyton was one of my fav authors!

Keshi.

Priya Joyce said...

hey cool tag dear luved the answers ...
:)

•♥•♥[V]♥•♥• said...

i am going to make a rule of never doing tags again.

you did steal it..kya baat hai..

My fav's as a child hardy Boyz,The three Investigators and Nancy drew.

Tara said...

Hey Raka! Nice tag and cool answers. I have never been too fond of reading, so to say. As a child, I loved Enid Blyton's Famous Five series. Ah, what adventures they had! But somewhere I lost the interest in it. Have to get it back. Recently, I read Rohinton Mistry's Family Matters, it's a good book.

And I want to read Unaccustomed Earth(Jhumpa Lahiri) and also Sea of Poppies (Amitav Ghosh). Will try to catch up on them soon :)

Aneesh said...

Mmm so you are such a voracious reader :)
Harry potter is my favourite too but thorn birds and paulo coelho's I didn't like
:)

phoenix said...

@keshi
o love blogs as well... :)

@vickey
i had once taken the same oath but then gve it up..coz there are some really cool tags to be done that really..sometimes you just cant sit back

@tara
u like amitav ghosh?ive read one of his books and trust me it was collosal and a mighty bore but you have some great books lined up..

happy reading

@aneesh
u dint like paulo coelho??:O omg

aart hilal said...

Hello!

I’m a big fan of Paulo Coelho! You will love this! He’s the first best-selling author to be distributing for free his works on his blog:
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com

Have a nice day!

Aart

phoenix said...

@aart
thanks a ton for the link

ceedy said...

Hehe...

Thanks for doing the tag...nicely done...

I forgot all about Noddy - thanks for bringing that up..

am a bit busy will catch up with your blog soon :)