I had written on 10 rules to be a perfect gentleman before. i somehow feel that is very unfair on the men to have things written about them and not ladies. so on Vinayak's suggestion here are a few habits and etiquette's that i think a young lady should have, with respect to her position in the society and to the guy she is dating.
1. when a man takes you out, then do offer to pay; if he refuses the offer then let it be. don't assume that the guy should pay each time you people decide to go out. but if the guy insists on paying then let him, don't be pushy, because you may just end up insulting him.
2. remember past is past. everyone has a past. don't bring up your past relationships unless you are asked to, never draw comparisons between the guy you are dating and the guy you had dated. and don't judge the person with the past he has had. remember you are his present and maybe tomorrow.
3. while it is perfectly normal to want to know about the guy you are dating, his whereabouts. but snoop around, suspecting his every move. give him his space too.
4. before you had entered his life, he had a different lifestyle and friends. respect that, don't demand or expect the guy to give up on all his friends to prove to you that he cares. it is unfair on him to give them up, insist that he balance both so as not to neglect one for the other.
5.guys have certain guy things. they would once in awhile want to booze or smoke. they may not be exactly understandable to us girls but to guys however harmful or bad, it is essential for them; so let them do what they want once in awhile.
6.while it is ok to what the best for your guy, to ensure he is going the right thing.don't go overboard with the criticism.
7. its nice to mutter i love yous every now and then to spark the romance, but it is really irritating if you demand that your guy repeats after each and every time you speak. consider that he may not be able to do so, due the people around him or the ambiance he is in at the moment.
8. while its ok to be independent, it is also the duty of the girl to put in an extra bit to make sure the relationship runs smooth, so one must give in once is awhile, only if the guy is truly right. ego issues on who is running the relationship or marriages is strongly advised against.
9. guys have a bad memory. so while it is good to expect them to remember birthdays and anniversaries. don't go overboard remembering, first making out session-anniversary, first holding hand anniversary, your dogs- birthday and so on. it can be highly irritating.
10. while its great to look absolutely gorgeous on your dates. don't forget your brains home when you are out. which means, pay attention to what the guys is saying, strike up a conversation it is as much his responsibility to make the dates special as it is yours, don't be shy and uptight. remember guys appreciate beauty with brains, and girls who know how to be a good friend, for them to be potential girlfriends. don't play hard to get for too long.
when i began the post i was so sure i wouldn't have much to write because i dint think there was much to criticize the girls. but i was wrong :P there are things that girls need to know. :) let me know if i was sordid, or if i managed to be impartial while writing this.