Thursday, November 06, 2008

JUST CHILL


Nope this is not an angry post. you are wrong this is not a rant. no not surely a sad post!na boss chap nio na. [dont take tension, just chill]

Just chill in bengali is usually said as "chap nio na.." don't take tension :P and this is now the hot phrase for all much to the dismay of our parents. i admit when i first walked into JU [Jadavpur University] i was not that good with Bengali. why? i have studied in a missionary school all my life [read loreto] which didn't allow speaking of regional languages and levied language taxes. but what with having bong friends for the first time i quickly picked up words... and to my parents surprise which soon turned to horror they heard me speaking Bengali and that too colloquial stuff. i was saying things to my dad as " baba chap nio na...." and in a spat i told ma... "dekho motka gorom koro na" [don't make me mad] and another very phrase that became popular was "korbo na" [wont do it, defiantly] it became such a hit with friends that once when dad asked me to get him the newspaper playfully and spontaneously i said "korbo naaa". just imagine i was so red faced left with eating my words and murmuring nothings i went quickly to fetch the morning paper.

These language things are such that it pops out before we can even think. what are the words you guys most use? did you ever have any embarrassing moments??

19 comments:

Priya Joyce said...

almost daily.I am a useless mallu donno to read or write it lol
I can just smell it..lol

hehe

Harshita said...

I use "Chaddo ji!!", "Haaye Rabba" and "Babaji Ae ki Kitta" a lot when it comes to punjabi...

And usually I say WTF a lot and "This is so LS or Ahhum"...ha ha ha

Hemanth Potluri said...

yeh in frustration moments not embarssin :P..heheh..good one..

dilmainhainpyar said...

hmmm..i use lot many phrases like this...

"ayyyyyoooo"...is typically yamini's phrase..i use it very often.....

whenever my frnds irritate me na i say---- "u ppl re seriously gone mad..."

lot may this way...i rarely use other phrases

Buzzz said...

i am used to what da f**k, alright, alrighty , say it usage in english and when it comes to hindi its gotta be "aur bhiya", "aur malik kai karee riyo", "fokat ki magazmari" and stuff lyk that.....moreso my hometown free slang :)

m not much into speakin my so called mother tounge......

Buzzz said...

Hey Harshita, ignore my nerdness but wots LS ?

HOBO said...

No such word.
Maybe one but cant type.

Phoenix said...

@pj
lol!

Phoenix said...

@harshita
those words very coined just for you girl! :P

Phoenix said...

@hemu
i knew u wud identify with your state of mind

Phoenix said...

@yamini....
"aiyooo yamini"... this is oo like you yaar :D cool

Phoenix said...

@buzz
LS means low standard!

Phoenix said...

@hobo
c'mon and type it...dont worry i wont mind.. :)

•♥•♥[V]♥•♥• said...

i use *bhak* a lot !!

Keshi said...

I use 'shit', 'wtf', 'wth', 'so wut', 'get real', 'get over it!', 'duh!', 'aha', 'o nos', 'omg' etc etc :):)

ur lingo is very cute girl!


Keshi.

Phoenix said...

!vickey :P

Phoenix said...

@keshi
thank you :)

btw whats wth?

Harshita said...

@Phoenix...

Let me make a guess....mmmm...
Its What-the-hell/heck!!

Right,Keshi?? ;)

Ria said...

i use the words "whatever" and "amazing" very frequently....and those bong phrases reminded me of my stay at Kolkata. :)