Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mixed Bag of Events

lots been happening on my personal front. some real encouraging things and somethings that totally suck. but then life is all about its ups and downs and i just hate to dwell on negativity for too long because it gets to me :)

finally a very hectic two weeks of college just came to an end. now there is another two weeks of study leave and then semesters. yeah i cant wait to get it done and over with. because i really wanna move beyond the boundaries of JU :). the good news is, most of my results of class tests are out, and i am really happy about it, they are pretty decent and at last the hard work paid off. what more my last semester with my favorite prof [yeah i have had a crush on him since 1st semester] ended with me getting really good marks in his paper.yay! :D *blush* *blush*


hmm things really turned sour on one of the places i really find solace in.my blog. the joint blog turned into a battlefield of sorts with a post on me, trying to cheer me up. the post was maybe well intended. but i really cant stand distortion of my name, and the things that were written about me, which seemed nothing like who i am. this keeps happening with me, the moment i stand up for myself i loose friends. i mean don't i even have the right to react after being humiliated in a public forum? those people who wrote the post quit one by one. what can i say? this is a free world, they have a right to do what they want. but its funny how a trivial issue like this was handled. misunderstandings happen if there are many on board, but the trick is to understand not everyone is the same, to adjust and work together in harmony.i thought these people were on because they truly wanted to have fun and to spread good cheer. maybe they were never meant to be a part of it. Rock star's Lounge will move ahead nonetheless.

on happier thoughts.... children's day is coming up, and i plan to do something for my students... have gotten them gifts i just hope they like it... my niece will be over too so maybe i'll make a trip to the mall, which is long overdue. have you guys seem Roadside Romeo?? can a 7 yr old see the movie? i hope there is no adult content. :P

PS- i know this post surely doesn't sound too optimistic but im trying to look beyond things that depress me. please be patient, happy posts will surely come up :)

20 comments:

DreamCatcher said...

hhmmmm destiny ke bacche ke saath itni saari peroblems.. bahot nainsaafi hai

cheer up gal as u always do ..

kabhi kabhi mushkilo se hi muskaan ubharti hai :D

Keshi said...

Phoenix darl, Im glad ur writing abt it...it helps to clear ur heart n head. Some ppl stop writing altogether cos of one small dispute...but ppl like u and me...we keep writing. cos the hearts dun stop beating right? HUGS!


Most of blogville hv become a battlefield...hence my recent detachment too. Ego clashes and supriority wars hv started to make this place reek of selfishness.



**the moment i stand up for myself i loose friends. i mean don't i even have the right to react after being humiliated in a public forum?


Exactly wut happened to me! I dun usually poke my nose into other ppl's personal lives etc but some ppl try to DEFINE me and my life in their own words and in their blogs...and then they themselves declare war, when I stand up for myself! Is it fair? NO.


But all I can say is such ppl r not worth ur time n emotions. out of the 100s we meet here, only 1 or 2 truly care abt us. the rest r time-servers. They r here to get attention n score readers to their blogs.


So dun give them any importance. I know it hurts and it will take time to get back to ur usual sunny nature...but trust me, u will be ok. HUGS and know that I care and I know exactly how u feel.


Keshi.

Priya Joyce said...

cheer up gal...we all miss the happy go lucky Raka...
:)

Harshita said...

I think taking them for a movie wud be good...mmmm...JUMBO will be out by 14th I think...its a kid's movie :P

mayz said...

hey i really dnt kno wat happened n who said wat but m sure u r a strong girl n such things wont matter to ya...jus b who u r n things will flow...now smile
hugzzzz!!!

Ria said...

This is life baby!u win some and u lose some....so jus hang in there.....life has many more surprises to throw, some happy and some not so happy!

lukkydivz said...

Having a crush on lecturers pays off? shit, i passed out without knowing that :(

oye since the post was well intended, i think you can forgive them all :P if only they realized that it hurt you and also apologized :)

kepp smiling, it costs nothing ;)

Aneesh said...

its nice that you realized life's ups and downs. it's all about handling the up's and downs
:)

Phoenix said...

@dreamcatcher

long time eh???

yeah i will im sick of feeling bad! :D lets kick some ass !!!

Phoenix said...

@keshi
as always you seem to understand... thats all the confidence i need to know im not the only one to have such problems....

this truly means much!

Phoenix said...

@harshita
surely will look it up :)

Phoenix said...

@ria
so true :D

Phoenix said...

@luckydivs
nahi yaar he doesnt know i had a crush on him.. i had to earn it from him.... it wasnt easy trust me... :)

Phoenix said...

@aneesh
well said...

lukkydivz said...

btw, nice pic ;) forgot to say this when i came here earlier :P

Phoenix said...

@divz
thanks pal! :)

Sam said...

chill up Pheonix. let bygones by bygones.....Dont let it affect u nemore....

at the end of day to each its own!!! yeh follow karo aur khus raho :P

mayz said...

m sure i commented on this post :((((

Diva said...

I see abundant Hope when I read in between the lines.....
I can see you bouncing back with energy(full of life) any moment now...
Cheers
Diva
http://mywatan.blogspot.com/

dilmainhainpyar said...

hey frnd....nothing to comment on the post but still wud like to tell u something....

u r destiny's child and anyone in the world should go with this D-word

kablie taariff hain ki aap abhi bhi itne patience se kaam le rahein hain aur apni students ke kushi ke barin main sochte hain....this is wat u r.... always caring for the rest of the world even they dont care.....

by the way all the very best for the xams dear....