Friday, November 21, 2008

Weighty Issues

All my girl pals in blog world are on a diet,taking care of themselves. and that kinda inspired me to write this post.even if i try to overlook, weight has been something that has been worrying me,for a long time now. I've been very sporty from childhood, i used to play badminton, took coaching for it and was kinda good in it too. in school i played basketball,dodge ball,khoko,throw ball etc.Not many know,that i am a state level rower [rowing]. till about class 12 i was about as fit as a fiddle. athletic and muscular [in a good way] god! i had a toned body with no flab.if you ever heard the kinda breakfast i had, you'd gasp. 2 eggs[whole], a big mug milk, 6-8 slices of bread,and a fruit!!geeez! and not an ounce of extra flab i had.it used to be so much fun exerting the body to exhaustion.every time i used to flex my muscles to row a stroke more, my body would be pushed further and the pain would increase but the sore too had a satisfaction.

And now, with the lack of exercise, needless to say i have put on flab. many a time I've told myself "OK.this is it.i' ll shed some weight". I've tried from morning walks,to eating healthy,less of junk food, or dieting. nothing lasted for long.yoga helped a lot.mom does it every morning but i just can seem to get down to it.i lack motivation and the timings just never matches up. exercises is such a boring thing for me,and there is no gym close by,yes i am lazy too; but it is something i know is not for me, so i give up soon.

But seeing most of the people put in an honest effort to control over eating or wrong eating;made me what to do the same.I'm not eating healthy to look reed thin [read kareena kapoor, she looks sick!!]but i want to be healthy and fit, so that the troubles my mum is facing of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis i don't do the same.because it is somewhat hereditary and these happen due to overweight.then there are heart diseases and others that follow.

So now i am on an oil free boiled veggies diet. i eat that almost thrice a day.no carbs,no eggs and just black coffee and tea. it isn't easy, only i know how hard i find to overlook the pangs of hunger that are nothing to do with me being hungry but everything to do because i want to chew on something or i feel empty.once i have started monitoring myself i realize where i do wrong and what i should do.the after meal hunger is by far the deadliest. and trust me to see Ads that show food, is a torture. but nothing is impossible if we set our mind to it.all i can say is, im trying, i don't know if i will succeed but at least I'm trying to stay healthy.i hope you do too.

Stay healthy and stay happy :)

23 comments:

La vida Loca said...

i need ur discipline :)
good luck!

Phoenix said...

@la vida loca
i surely need it! :)

Priya Joyce said...

haha dieting..meee tooo ..hmm childhood...yepp badminton cricket too...par ab kya karein..lol..gud post motivating re
:)

Phoenix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phoenix said...

@pj
yeah im trying to motivate myself too!

yamini meduri said...

i was never on a diet..but have some extra pounds....

actually i cant be on a diet as i am low resistant and will be sick and shud go thro medication all the time...

so let me not think about this dieting now...

i was fit till my 10th class with the daily dance practice and playing shuttle to improve my rank as the state playes of Badminton...but now i am not supposed to do anything for some health specific reasons....

u be on your diet..all the best and i can understand how tough it is too...

Harshita said...

Dear,

I suggest go slow of carbs (like you already r doing) but remember we all need them early morning in brkfast to make them work for our body.

Also after 7 dont take any carbs. You can always eat chapatis noon time and a good brkfast comprising of more Upma and sprouts.

Meri taraf se ek tip. Drink hot water after each exercise schedule and also early mrng...helps.

Your body needs a lot more than boiled veggies...if you go this way, ur skin will show the results... we r no movie-stars, so we shud eat home-made food but exercise well.

I also give in to my cravings once in a month, like Paanipuri but all before 7pm. :)

All the best...

Lena said...

good luck with it but then please remember the body needs to get balanced meals and besides each diet will work in combination with physical exercizes only if you want to get a long term effect.

:)

Take care of your health!


PS: try eating less after 6-7 PM, works wonders.

ANWESA said...

well,i nvr knew we had so many health freaks out here!guess,i'll hav 2 join d gang soon..

Chriz said...

what ever the weight is, staying healthy is what we need.. give me some tips to put on weight..

Richa said...

umhmm..

all the best girlie :D

but dieting is wat i cant n dun want to do.. moreover, i really cant shed weight even if i control my eating, cuz my prob is sedentry life style- i am super lazy :P

but to know u r a sporty person i too used t be but then lazyness took over :D

anyways, i say, all the best for ur efforts babes!! :)

Richa said...

umhmm..

all the best girlie :D

but dieting is wat i cant n dun want to do.. moreover, i really cant shed weight even if i control my eating, cuz my prob is sedentry life style- i am super lazy :P

but to know u r a sporty person i too used t be but then lazyness took over :D

anyways, i say, all the best for ur efforts babes!! :)

Tara said...

This inspiration is so infectious! Am hooked to it, had boiled vegetables for lunch, had just cauliflower and carrots at home...:| The cake in the fridge was calling out to me, but I opened the door, gave it a guilty smile, and shut it with a bang! I just hope it works! ;)

mayz said...

i sooooooooo need to do that too :(((

lukkydivz said...

lol i will miss those chocolate cakes, ice creams and puddings (pictures of course) that u add to your post :| :P

u disappointed me :(

goood luck anyways ;)

Phoenix said...

@yamini
im soo sorry to hear that... you dont need to have a diet if you are not well enough....

take care

Phoenix said...

@harshita
thanks a lot.. point taken.. :) will put it in action.. :D

Phoenix said...

@lena
thank god! surely will have dinner really early... :) thanks for the tip!

Phoenix said...

@anwesha
anytime girl....you are welcome... :)lets motivate each other

Phoenix said...

@richa
im lazy too

its just that im scared my puppy fat can result into some serious health disease...

Phoenix said...

@tara
trust me im having such a hard time controlling the urges and all.. but i know this time i have to make this work..just have to

Phoenix said...

@chris
eat and sleep more...eat carbs...sleep in the afternoon,drink beer!

Phoenix said...

@lucky divs..

moron!! :x :D now im having a craving for all those you mentioned... god!!!!!!help!!!