Thursday, December 11, 2008

5 DesertsYou Must Savour!

My blog is increasingly turning out to be a food blog.. not that i mind really.. i just want to blog but what with exams on and all really cant invest time and energy to think and write something meaningful thus these random 'food' posts.. now you know whats literally on my mind these days.. here are 5 deserts which is a must have .. they are not necessarily all bengali dishes ...

1.rosogolla.. this is a patent of all bengali's and in case you didnt know freshly made and hot.. yeah you heard it right.. hot rosogollas are absolutely yummy











2.nolen gurer sondesh o payesh- this is a type of you can make sweets as well as what is popularly known as kheer or rice custard.. it is available only during winters in any parts of Kolkata, or West Bengal nowadays i think you get it anywhere in India.. not really too sure of it.







3.golabjamuns.. you don't need a reason to have them and they are a treat for any mood..just try it and feel absolute bliss.








4.chocolate brownie sundae a la KFC... truly a heap of vanilla ice cream with two solid chunks of brownie and nuts and oodles of chocolate sauce..if there is paradise on earth this is it... the chocolate sauce is like ambrosia and it spreads warmth and kick starting happy hormones...its a must have truly...

5.chocolate temptation.. this is the one i had at kolkata's hobby center.. it has 2 major chunks of chocolate ice cream and loads and loads of choco chips wavers and chocolate sauce... absolutely delicious

divs recommends Belgian dark chocolate as a must have.. in case you chance upon it then dont forget to have it and send me a parcel to Kolkata.. hey divs i hope you are reading pal!

35 comments:

The Lover said...

OMG I can't take it anymore. you're gonna kill me from temptation. Yumm..

lukkydivz said...

yum yum i love chocolate brownies and rosogullas :(

hmm belgium fuel raks ;) i told u i'll take u to the parlor every weekend,provided u pay the bills :P

Hemanth Potluri said...

omg i am soo hungry after last night again :)....soo sweet post by a sweetu :).....

urs..hemu..

Harshita said...

I think a part of my diet-plan wud be to avoid seeing pictures in ur blog while am reading but then the words are so delicious...hahaha

Richa said...

:D

yumm yumm..

n check out ebony n ivory at pizza hut :P

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

yummmmmm.. simply irresistable. :D

chocholate fudge from nirula's is too good.

but one of the most imp. thing u have missed in the list is "mishti doi".. :(
grrrr how could u missed it raka :x

Ria said...

Y r u bent upon breaking my diet! ;) U knw i cant tell u how much do i miss Sandesh, its hard to find it here in Mumbai. :(

mayz said...

ok this one of all d posts of urs got my mouth waterin...yummmmm!!!!

add to that hot chocolate fudge at Nirulas, blueberry cheescake...oh n mudpie at Big Chill...Mocha cheescake at Starbucks...i can go on n on n on...yummm!!!!!

dil ki pyar said...

love the rosogullas of Kolkata....i have them after the summner vacation when my bengali frnds returns frm Kolkata....

and the Gulab Jamun..its my all time favorite

vanilla sky said...

was expecting desserts post after non veg and veg dishes!

and yes, you shouldn't have missed mishti doi
and i lovee shonpapri too much!

Tara said...

God! Raka very bad...you remind me of all these yummy mouth watering things when I have decided to lose some weight! Very bad girl!! ;)

ANWESA said...

rosogolla-personally i feel odia rasagolas taste better(i'v tasted both-bong n odia).rice custard=khiri,tasty.gulabjamuns-tried n tasted often,n chocolate is my God.Iluv u,chocolate!!!:)

Mithe said...

have tasted all and you are right-they are yummy!!!:) Chocolate temptation-I remember, I once ate it in winters with a sore throat-truthfully speaking my throat felt relieved and by the next day I was alright
PS:Donot try this at home, can have bad consequences for you individually(lolzz)

deluded said...

5 things?

4 pics?

unfair!

oh. wait.

I ate the brownie off your blog.

sorry........

Mithe said...

& Phoenix..you both are equally good..choosing between you is impossible.So don't say she writes better or anything like that...tc

Phoenix said...

@the lover
:D

*smiling wickedly*

Phoenix said...

@divs
nooo you said u are treating me

*sulk*

Phoenix said...

@hemz
olle my poor baby :)

Phoenix said...

@harshita
:P *wink*

Phoenix said...

@richa
yup surely... :)

Phoenix said...

@preetilata..
i know i missed it.. im sorry... even i like it but then i had to mention 5 na..

Phoenix said...

@ria
come down to kolkata na.. i ll treat you for sure..

Phoenix said...

@mays
you better take me out and treat me at all these heavenly places.... you must.. i insist :D

Phoenix said...

@yamini
:D

Phoenix said...

@vanila sky
hmm shonpapri.. i like it too

Phoenix said...

@tara
lol
sorry ji... no more food post ab promise...

Phoenix said...

@anwesa
havent had oria rosogollas yaar... send me some if you can :P

Phoenix said...

@mithe
my god! chocolates for cure... sounds good...

but hey i didnt get your second comment??

Phoenix said...

@deluded
hahahaha lol!

Aneesh said...

Guess you r having a lot of relaxation thinking and writing about food during exams..
Hope you won't write these reviews on your exam paper
:)

joiedevivre said...

gandi ladki
foto laga diye..
yeh galat hai yaar,,,

Pranav Kumar V said...

Darn!! I should have been the firs guy to comment!! Anyways, this was, by-far, the BEST OF THE THREE posts you put up. The juices are actually rolling up in my mouth!! I love sweetness, I add sweetness in almost everything!! includes pickles!! Now that's a sweet guy, eh?? :P

See you when I see you...:)

Phoenix said...

@anessh
as of now i have no clue about exam paer and what ive written so i share your concern here :D

Phoenix said...

@neha
lol! sorry :)

Phoenix said...

@pk
why thank you mr PK... :)