Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Back To School


Today I went back to where I started out. I went back to play school where my education and this struggle in life began. My prof’s [the one who is my favorite. I thought you'd like to know :D :P] daughter applied there too and i had gone along as i had been an ex student of the play school and its the best in the city. Thankfully salsa [sir's daughter] got in, without a hassle :) it was nothing short of an achievement for all of us present there.. we saw salsa being born, her first toddle and then her very first birthday and now to see her go to school. Man! These days’ kids grow up real fast!! *sniff*

Getting in through the gates, I walked in to the place that is monumental in my being "me". I went back there almost 17 years after I had left it. Memories of my first school is a lot hazier now, cobwebs are preventing it from it being more clear but the essence it there. I was almost feeling a sense of timelessness over take me. As I sat opposite to my ex princie who is Kusum Bhandari of Graphiti of Telegraph Zodiac Column’ fame; I was just overcome by this all consuming feeling that almost rendered me helpless. What or what it was its hard to explain. There were so many lil toddlers who were moving around in chains and holding hands, little knowing that the race to survive to succeed had begun. Each would go on to fight for their seat in one of the reputed schools of the city and would secure a bright future for themselves.


Really going back to school was something and has made me so nostalgic!! It’s weird how I was looking forward to this year ending as if my life depended upon it and now when its here and now; I feel this apprehension pulling me back from actually fully enjoy it. I had never anticipated a lot of changes that are about to rock my world but here they are, staring at me. In my anticipation of the goal I forgot to look out for the means to reach it and the changes id have to make to meet it. So it’s a sudden impact that hit me. There is a lot of soul searching to do now, loads to prepare myself. So if you find my next few posts all senti and nostalgic, you’ll know what to blame.. I hope I haven’t bored you to death? If I have.. then don’t even tell me about it ! :)

37 comments:

yamini meduri said...

good one....u took back to my play school memories as well....thank you dear...!!!

ANWESA said...

ba2 play skul?dats gr8!!!nostalgic..yes,lukin fwd 2 ur nxt posts..waiting 4 phoenix 2 xpress her ownself..hope it'll b interesting..

The Lover said...

awwww..this brought back memories of my school days..they were the best days...

lukkydivz said...

yaar raks..i hate school.. dont like reading abt school days :P

Pranav Kumar V said...

lol!! Reunions, revisits all over!! I'm going next Sat. And I spoke to a few of my teachers before that, EACH ONE still remembers me by name!! WOW!! I sure was some starry-eyed kid eh??
I miss my school food more than my school!! (we're served snacks, lunch and tea at school!! Sometimes cakes, pastries, cookies... nahiiin!!! I miss my school (food)!!! :|)

See you when I see you... :)

P.S. And about the 5 things you said one should try... how lucky did you get staring into the stars in the sky?? Definitely not as lucky as PK!! Guess what??

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

awww.. :)





my prep school is stone throw away from my home so i go back to my childhood every day :P

Keshi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keshi said...

I still can rem my first day in Kindy. I drew a blue flower on the first page of my first book...and the teacher showed it to the entire class saying how pretty it was. I was so proud of myself and was smiling all the time LOL!

Keshi.

Hemanth Potluri said...

i still have those beautiful pics of my childhood school i just had a flash back of those memories reading ur post :)..

urs..hemu..

MultiMenon said...

I wanna go to ma play skool now..
:(

as luck wud have it,i cant coz rite now,am around 500 miles apart..

truly wonderful post..plain yet high dose of nostalgia..

cheers.. :)

mayz said...

i neva felt nostalgic abt school...mayb coz there were so many i went to...but yeah i feel nostalgic abt places...esp pune!!!

Vinz aka Vinu said...

Going back to ur alma mater is always a great experience..

these worldly matter always restricts me from doing so...You have done and i am happy for that...

Hope even i will savor that feeling one day..!!

:)

Trinaa said...

schooooooooooooll..siiigh..i wanna go back permanently.. :(

Urv said...

I too had gone to my school last month with friends.. Was such a wonderful experience.. :)

Harshita said...

Laih!

Main toh khud hi nostalgic ho gayi yaar :(

oo7 said...

school days wren't teh best for me..but if i ever get a chance i am gonna make them what i want them to be.

nice post miss.

Aqua gurl said...

school memories are the most treasured any day.....got me thinking about mine...aww

CяystąL said...

I agree tht these memories must definitely be the most b'ful ones..cheers to it! =)

Aneesh said...

WOW! It must have been special. I like these nostalgic things.. But I've never been able to go back to my school.. May be I'll some day
Nice post :)

Phoenix said...

@yamini
:)

Phoenix said...

@anwesha
true to my word the next post is up..

Phoenix said...

@luckydivs
aww :(

Phoenix said...

@the loveer
mine too :)

Phoenix said...

@pk
arey wah!!

Phoenix said...

@preetilata
hey mine too.. same pinch.. however seeing it from outside and going inside is two very different things :)

Phoenix said...

@keshi
wow :) btw i like the name of your school-kindy :)

Phoenix said...

@hemz
do post the pics on your blog na for all to see.. please

Phoenix said...

@multimenon
why thank you :)

Phoenix said...

@mayz
i can so understand... :)

Phoenix said...

@vinu
im sure you will :)

Phoenix said...

@TRINA
you do? i dont somehow i feel if i go back now it wont be the same..

Phoenix said...

@urv
hey thats so cool :)

Phoenix said...

@harshita
:P

Phoenix said...

@vickey
aww.. :( thats so sad but then i like the bit when you want to set things right :)

Phoenix said...

@valencia
awwwwww :P

Phoenix said...

@crystal :) cheers!!

Phoenix said...

@aneesh
im sure you ll be able to go back to savor the memories too :)