Wednesday, December 17, 2008

JU Memories



The year is coming to an end. With it so many plans and dreams and i'm inching closer to leaving
home. college too is almost over. what with the exams ending the 5th semester, a new semester will dawn only briefly, to end. college life in Jadavpur University [JU, where i study] too will see and end, and an era too will end.

our building as viewed from the parking lot.




Jheel in our college and the hanging bridge

I have grown up hearing stories about JU and its various places and things available from dad [my dad was a pass out too of my college] but i never really loved it for what the college stood for. in fact i never even considered applying for the college let alone wanting to be or not to be, in it. Not getting through Xaviers was a huge blow to my dreams and to my ego too, despite my grades and my extra- curricular activities. then dad entreated me to go with him to fill the forms in JU, reluctantly i followed him. and the first look of the campus i fell in love with it. the natural beauty, the greenery, water bodies, the ambiance and the vastness; to say the least. i couldn't believe my luck that i got through in JU when dad called home and announced! what joy it was!! and what irony!

My class-after vizaq trip

My college life until now has been a period,when i grew up from the naive lil girl freshly out of school. life to me, was almost an empty canvas with its bright patches, hint of dark impending ones and those not so happy grey ones too. first semester will always be the sweetest memory of the lot. i made friends and quite a few good ones, emotions ran very high and high voltage drama winded it up, with me loosing out on a very close friend. second semester, ensured a whole lot of healing and forgetting, with new set of friends, adda sessions and lazing around, life was almost bliss;until i realized how futile and fake it all was. then came a semester of bitter truth,revelation,hurt,pain and disillusionment and complete retreating into my shell. from there rose a new me, battered bruised but one who could rise from her ashes true to her name. things from then on was a lot more dull and shabby until the trip happened February this year. i got back my friend whom i had lost. and life fell back into place. sigh!

friends- during one of our hangout sessions in CCD

Just a few more months and the ordeal will be over for good. i know im looking forward to the ending of my days at JU but there is an inherent sense of loss for the campus that has witness all things good and bad. it feels bad to even think that i wont have the same profs anymore. there wont be the trips to the departmental library, or the chats on the ledge, not those brief yet jovial conversations with our profs; classmates wont be missed much except maybe one or two but the rest will be,in its entirety. my years in college taught me the essential lessons that one needs to learn in this struggle for survival.maybe they were tad bit harsh, maybe a part of me has died, but the lesson is well learnt.

memories of unwanted faces will be forgotten with vengeance.
links to them will be de-linked
but those, that stood above the rest
will remain forever cherished
engraved in my mind and heart
as the happier times spent.
JU will remain a symbol
of all that i learnt and all that i earned,
and all things happy
and nothing more.

30 comments:

ANWESA said...

a beautiful post indeed..d uder day u rote abt ur trip 2 ur play-skul n immediately a post on leaving college..wat a paradox..
well,a warm feeling within me aftr reading ur post...

CяystąL said...

and then each memory will slowly erode away..'cos the dunes of life are never ending indeed..

Harshita said...

Its such a beautiful post :)

I can recall the day I left college...things have never been the same again... Life changes after college and thats why they say live it up till you go out and fight it out :)

dil ki pyar said...

nice post dear...!!!

i became a bit emotional after reading your post.....coz' after a little span of time...i have to leave my college too.

To me my college is my world. it is the best place on Earth for me.

will defly come back, and give my kind of comment for your next post....

hope you dont mind

Pranav Kumar V said...

Baatein, bhool jaati hai...
...Yaadein, yaad aatee hai

This part of our LIVES is the BEST thing that could EVER happen to any of us (studying) and one day, some day, it should all end and it is only the memories that live forever and ever... :( :) Nothing will ever be close to being the same again. But I guess, as I always say, life's gonna catch up not long before we miss all this... it goes on... Okay okay. I'll stop here... :P

See you when I see you... :)

Hemanth Potluri said...

awesome post it is....u touched the whole part of college days...i really love to go back to those days after reading this :)...

urs..hemu..

Phoenix said...

@anwesa
its paradox alright isnt it! :)

Phoenix said...

@crystal
nooo i dont want to memories to erode away not even the bad :(

Phoenix said...

@harshita
thanks a lot :)

Phoenix said...

@yamini
aww

Phoenix said...

@pk
beautiful lines from the film yadien my fav to say the least..

and i agee with you..someday we ll look at these days and sigh! wishing time could be turned :(

Mithe said...

very nice and nostalgic.It's sad that such a good chapter of your life is ending soon no? Feels as if it just flashed by....I am glad it was a great experience for you.Not all people are that lucky!Hey, enjoy it while there is still some of it left.Hope these days become the most cherished onein your life :-)

Phoenix said...

@hemz
:D

Phoenix said...

@mithe
well its both sweet and sour yaar.. sweet for the times spent and sour mostly because of the people i came across and to be honest here.. i don't think im too sad its coming to an end at all :) sad but true... but i will miss my college...

The Lover said...

aaah...sometimes i wonder whether i liked school better or univ. better. Very hard to decide but I guess both have their own place in your heart.

Tara said...

Aww! Beautiful Raka...truly. I have just joined college and I could almost see what my years here would be like. Lovely girl. :)

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

a very beautiful and emotional post raka. it made me nostalgic. those college days.. i miss them so much :(

all the very best for all those new ventures in life that u gonna enter very soon:)

Phoenix said...

@the lover
its not a matter of choice for me...school tops any day!! :D

Phoenix said...

@tara
aww i wish you have a splendid college life..

Phoenix said...

@preetilata
thanks a ton!! :)

Meera said...

Wow...nice one...very poignant yet sweet...felt like crying ,was yet smiling...
I am going through sort of same phases which you had gone through..liked it a lot!!
Is your name pheonix? thats so beautiful!

Trinaa said...

omg!!! this is my last yr in colg..m never goin to cum bck n crib n laf n cry with my friends...shiiiit!!

lukkydivz said...

mujhe rula diya na :(

!! Oxymoron !! said...

Hi Phoenix, your recount of college life, read like a recount of mine! This reminds me of a song by Roberta Flak - Killing me softly! College life is like a prototype of life- the ups and downs and the fun and the tears and the laughter. Life that begins now is the actual application, the test in the furnace. Sometimes its weird, because it takes time to come to grips with the fact that you are one among the many billions of people in this world (but never forget that even so, you are unique). Very nice post and pictures. Wish you all the very best to a new chapter in life!

Phoenix said...

@meera
thank you... but no my name is not phoenix but raka... :)

do keep visiting..

Phoenix said...

@trina...
your last year too or did u just move up to your 3rd year??

Phoenix said...

@divs
sexy pic sweetheart!! me loves it...

Phoenix said...

@oxymoron
i guess we all share the same experiences some time or other.. dont we... :)

LifeSmiles:) said...

Best days are college days :D
I too agree with this :)

heathen said...

parting is a sweet sorrow...to make u smile more than cry!!