Sunday, December 07, 2008

Shoppaholic


I have always maintained that i am not a miser, just a careful spender. I have rambled on how i save every dime.. because saving comes easy to me. and that if i dont save i feel something killing me inside.. yes yes i Was like this, a few months back. and now??Well something must have bitten me.

Earlier dad would give me an amount of money durign pujas and tell me, 'go get yourself a nice pair of jeans and a tee that you like'. so this dad's darling daughter would go shopping either with samik or my friend ipsy. so with the amount dad gave usually id end up getting 1 pair of jeans,1 skirt, 2 tee shirts, 1 kurti, 1 hang bag, 1 pair of shoes, accesories and what now. id never go for branded instead i would shy from it and go for more affordable stuff from great bargain place. qauntity would matter, you know na? with college and all, you do need clothes.

But Hey Bhaggu, with time I have changed drastically. From saver i have become spender. i do save money without doubt... but once in 2-3 months. I cant help but pick up stuff from the malls. somehow i just cant help but buy branded stuff. its like i do wait to get what i want but then i don't settle for anything but that comes with a tag.Jeez!! i must be going crazy. just when my 'things to buy' list ends then another crops up. i never seem to run out on the things i have to buy. each month i seem to buy something that i think i "need" what will happen to me. i dont ever carry my card so its even more easy, samik's card always comes handy, specially since i don't have to deal with real money transaction only card i dont feel the pinch. but hey! i do return the amount and that is when i feel the pinch. but no worries. i get over it in no time. trust me!! Hey Bhaggu save me!! this is supposed to be my THE financial year.. i have saved 3/4 of what i promised i will... just pray that i don't buy anything this month then i ll be on target.. because ive already bought myself an expensive sweater and a tee.. and new year is not anyway near the corner.. and i will have to wait till the 15th next month to be in a better stabilizing condition..

P.S- im maha upset. i had asked dad to trim my hair and he reduced my waist length hair to just below my shoulder.. thats whooping 6-8 inches :O but its okay... my hair grows back rapidly.. touchwood.. im in mourning.. im having a bad hair day!! :(

29 comments:

lukkydivz said...

lol u asked dad to trim ur hair? yeh tho hone hi tha :D

Phoenix said...

@lucky divs
:(

not helping sweety... :(

Sam said...

Hey hey abt ur hair, i cant say much :). just tht i gave up my dream of growin my hair long too cos they went haywire, i e1 got hair band but didnt last long, i cudnt imagine mysefl in hair bands :)

I am saver and spender too...i save most of the times but end up loosing the savings in one impulse when i feel bad and wanna pamper myself, so what better than go to a mall and go get few cool apparels which take months to get off the packings :P

I m weird i know!!

Phoenix said...

@sam
not weird at all... i TOTALLY UNDERSTAND... glad to know i am not alone! yay!

Aneesh said...

As the life style improve, the standard of living also increase. it's just normal, I guess. But, keeping it within the limits is good.
:)

CяŷştąŁ.. said...

Bhaggu..I use that term too =P
Lekin jo bhi hai..baal jaldi growing back..be happy no..you've got a good quality of hair :P

Phoenix said...

@aneesh
im trying to learn the art of limiting myself... :)

Phoenix said...

@crystal
uwaaaaaaaaah i want my hair back!!!

and thank you.. your amon the few who think i have GOOD QUALITY hair!! :P

*sniffs and smiles*

dil ki pyar said...

hmmmmm

i WAS a saver too but as it is my final year....me and my frnds hang out very often. we enjoy to the top of the world and hence our pockets are just out of stuff....nothing left but wat i have earned are lot of memories that are soo sweeeeetttt

but i have started saving again to buy the new book of J.K. Rowling...
hope i will get it soon.....

and abt the hair....take care that it grown faster because long hair is pretty...

Lena said...

thats why i dont ask anyone to trim my hair, am scared it ends up the way it did with you :|

Phoenix said...

@yamini
i so hope you get that book.. its darn expensive.. i wont think i ll spend on that one.. but will look for an ebook version... if u get one mail it to me na...

Phoenix said...

@lena
usually dad is good at this thing... i was trying to save money u know.. but i dont know how he screwed it up :(

Harshita said...

yaar my dad trims my hair too... :)

Koi nahi shopping wopping kartey rehna chahiye...

Richa said...

heyyy!!!

i m a born sopoholic, n obsessed with brands :D

dun worry babes, ur hair shall grow back soon, for the time being, enjoy a new look, i too got my hair shorter than my shoulders last yr, though i had to take lot of 'daants' from the ppl who love me, specificlly my mom, but they have grown back :D

Richa said...

n btw, forgive my unfrequent commenting, my lappy isnt recovered as yet :(

Phoenix said...

@harshita
*same pinch*

Phoenix said...

@richa

aww dont mind commenting... i understand... :)

hair thing... actually dad was kinda miffed couldnt tell him not to do it..

i love brands now

Pranav Kumar V said...

Everyone's bitten by this bug once in a while in life (and is infected for the rest of their lives)!! Its a part of life (much needed)!! I used to be excessively parsimonious until a few, but now I know that wouldn't completely work. So, I keep letting it go once in a while and the aftershocks take long to settle down!! :P

And yeah, maybe a word of reassurance could help... the bunch of dead cells do grow back soon... :)

See you when I see you...:)

Tara said...

I am like what you were....complete non-spender! I save every penny I get, in my dear piggy bank. :)

Uncle chopped off so much...awww...I know how it feels dear, but they will grow back soon! Am sure!

Hemanth Potluri said...

omg ...short to more short hair :(...bad...pooor u :(..

urs..hemu..

Phoenix said...

@pk
:O its not as non inconsequential as you are thinking...
uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Phoenix said...

@tara
im miserable now...

Phoenix said...

@hemz
i never had short hair before... i had waist length hair..

aqua gurl said...

lol ur title makes me think of this book by the exact same title( as ur post title) which i bought a few days ago...will be reading it once m done done:P

Phoenix said...

@aqua girl
tell me how the book was... maybe i ll read it too..

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

i can never save money..never..never..never :( n me too is a big time shoppaholic

all d best to u :)

u suffering from a bad hair day..umm dont suffer coz they will grow again n dats d best part of a bad hair day..they never last long :p

The Lover said...

spending is good...i love being broke..surviving becomes a challenge.

Phoenix said...

@preetilata..
hmm :) thanks for that pep talk :)

Phoenix said...

@the lover
you love being broke?? i hate it.. i want to feel secured...so being broke maybe a challenge but nerve wrecking for me...