Friday, January 23, 2009

A beautiful stranger

Ping!!

“Email alerts! At this time?” Nayona checked her watch which read 3am. “Who can it be up at this ungodly hour reading blogs? Must be another insomniac like me” she muttered as she went forward opening her blog. Sure enough the comment segment read ‘4 comments’ that’s one more than the last time she had checked almost 2 hours back when she had posted her new post.

“Glad to know I made such a great impact on you. Its not often I get to hear praises along these lines. But let me assure you, you weren’t any far behind, and your impression on me wasn’t too bad either. Hopefully we’ll meet again where I wont be reduced to a porter what say? :P”

JEEZ!!!! Can it really be him?”

She read and re-read the comment. It had to be him. The innuendos, the typical teasing style. She could almost envision the naughty spark in the eyes and the smirk on the beautiful lips. God! What have I done? She cringed. She went back to the main page and re-read the post she had just put up.

A beautiful stranger

A two day train journey couldn’t get better unless you have a companion who has the same wavelength as yours. The best part of the whole encounter with the beautiful stranger was, all through those 2 days we never disclosed our names and our identities, yet we managed to forge a bond. Naughty eyes, charming ways, and an intelligent smile marked this well read person. So did I feel threatened like I usually do with strange men? Unusually no I didn’t feel any threat; instead I found myself opening and warming up to an absolute stranger. He was different. He didn’t flirt with me, didn’t probe into my identity, he let me have my space and most importantly he never nullified my existence because I was a girl, like the most jerks I come across these days. I’m not talking about him being a potential soul mate material, [maybe he is] but then what strikes me is that he truly was different from those creepy shady men, who utilize the slightest opportunity to get into the pants. Its nice to know that there are still honorable men around. Thanks to the beautiful stranger my journey was anything but dull.

Damn! She felt vulnerable and exposed, with her inner feelings thus read, she felt mortified and extremely embarrassed. How had he found her blog? Could he have remembered the URl! He must have. So his name was Neel? An inherent instinct made her follow the link and check his blog, where a surprise was waiting for her.

“nice blog!” she thought as she scrolled down to the first post that topped his blog.
“I can safely say I had a great journey back home. The prospect of a two day train journey doesn’t really excite you but then not often do you find someone who stimulates your mind. The lady I came across was the kind, who makes you wonder what lies beyond those graceful and poised mannerisms, who makes you want to unveil the secrets of those innocent big kohl rimmed eyes that spat fire every now and then making you aware, that innocent maybe but not naïve eyes those were, speaking volumes of the kind of the person she was. Her name? I haven’t a clue. But she had a nice smile that makes you want to make happy, just to see the smile spread all over her face beginning from the lips. Mind you there wasn’t a thing sexual about the encounter, just something that went beyond everything I had once held so precious in the woman I’d like to see in the woman of my life! Until reality zoomed in. But she was nothing like Sri or her likes that I usually came across. Women who wanted men money and material and it had nothing to do with love.“

Who was Sri? His girlfriend? She wondered as she hit the comment tab and dropped in a comment.
to be continued...

31 comments:

ANWESA said...

so finally neel n noyona r back!!n a train journey..n a blog..wow..gr8 goin gal..eagerly lukin fwd 2 d nxt post..

yamini meduri said...

NEEL & NAYONA....thank you Phoenix..!!

and the story...i just loved it...am waiting for your next post..!!!!

i remember NEEl & NAYONA alot coz' the last series with them was the first post i saw here and frm then everything was always special...!!!

keep going gal..!!!

comfortably numb said...

interesting...very I must add
will keep checking d progress:)

NE~ISM said...

Good post and very interesting.. I have to come back and see the continuation of this..I am hooked to see the outcome of this...

Ne.

Meera said...

Hey nice...cant wait for its next part...put it up soon :)

Hemanth Potluri said...

nice read :)..

urs..hemu..

Trinaa said...

mujhe bhi ek beautiful stranger chahiye...

Keshi said...

wow she is back INDEEDZ! :)

Keshi.

Amrita~Ams said...

waiting for next post...
raka i m bck....
now all ur :P
miss ur block esp..femme fatale ;)

-amrita

Keshi said...

btw, read my current post girl...I linked u up there for ur TAMIL learning research. Hope someone in my blog wud be of help to ya :)

Keshi.

Chriz said...

i am waiting near my door.. hope a beautiful stranger knocks at my door now

hitch writer said...

Beautiful Stranger !!

hmmm interesting journey and a lovely post !!

MultiMenon said...

nice read.. :)

looks like sumones goin internationale for sure.. :)

great!!

Tc.. :)

Nikhil

Thathy's Diary said...

Beautiful Stranger !!

Tara said...

They are back! And we are hungry for more!! Good to see them back! :)

Richa said...

its a lovely start babeh, n i read it for 2 times :)

n wat i guess from the comments, tht neel n noyona are already established charachters.. well, i guess i ll have to catch up :)

ki said...

Oh oh oh oh...can't wwait for the next one! :D

Mithe said...

Wow! Continue Phoenix...they are a great read!:)Waiting eagerly for the next!:)

Ria said...

wow!nice build up girl.....waiting for the next part. :)

Sunshine gal said...

A very contemporary plot...Nice innovative and interesting...

Shekhar said...

Hi! Just stumbled onto your blog. Really liked this post. Looking forward to the next part of the story. Cheers. :)

oo7 said...

nice yaar...

next maar jaldi jaldi...

aZoed said...

my first time in here...
and and first read there's just one word to describe it... beautiful!

Phoenix said...

@anwesa
yea they are back only because you insisted demanded and badgered me to do so.. :P

Phoenix said...

@yamini
im thrilled to see you still remember neel and noyona.. thank you :)

Phoenix said...

@comfortably numb
why thank you :)

Phoenix said...

@ne
:) sure

Phoenix said...

@meera
the next post is up! :)

Phoenix said...

@hemz
aww :)

Phoenix said...

@trina
mujhey bhi...

Karthik Murali said...

"for losing her was a thought that turned his blood cold."

beautifully written. i fully understand what every word meant , cos i have felt the same in my relationship.

the fear of losing her is always there..it kinda freaks out anyone.

anyways , ur beautiful stranger posts is simply brilliant. no words to express how i felt . i jus dont know why i feel comparing it with myself sometimes.