Monday, March 30, 2009

Tuned...

Do you have any one song, hearing which you have an out of the body experience? the song that makes you transcend time, place and people? a song that transports you to a new realm altogether, where you loose all bodily sense? can the song make you wish, that if you were to dedicate a song to the loved one this would be it? and nothing can ever sum up your feelings better than this one?? well, there is this one song which answers all the above questions with affirmative, for me. ever since i have heard Tum se hi... from the movie Jab We Met.. the songs brings back all kinds of memories.. all of them good, i didn't know a song can come to mean so much to me but this one does, and it brings two distinct memories one directly, it is a song I'd dedicate to the one i love and the other reason being, this song is the one that reminds me of a dear friend. for this and more, this song just makes me happy every time i hear it, its as if I'm transfixed and breathless with the emotions it represents...

This song reminds me of my friend, Firefly and the beaches of Vizaq and the memories flood in. We used to be the bestest friends from the first day of college, but then due to our silly and immature ways we had fallen apart. but because of our departmental trip to Vizaq, we came together as organizers. from talking in monosyllables,we started conversing properly. even amidst friends, we were the only two who was quite during a lively conversation gazing at each other; maybe we were recalling those early days of college, where we were inseparable. we got talking over this song first, and then during the entire trip we would both share the ipod listening to this song. my fondest of memory with this song and Firefly is the one at the beach when all our differences faded into oblivion as our lost friendship resurfaced...


One evening we had gone out to the beach, our friends all sat in a group chatting as the song was played in the loudspeaker in some one's phone. i got up to walk along the beach alone, with the waves breaking at my feet. looking back i saw a happy set of friends and a silent pair of eyes following my every move, almost hidden in the dark. at that time i thought, how bad a fate our friendship would have, if we were to walk out of college without clearing out our differences, if only we could still have another chance at friendship.. a lone tear coursed down...

i felt someone standing right beside me and i turned to look, it was him, seeing me wipe off the tear he had come to talk to me. this was the first proper conversation we had in almost a year. soon we got talking and in moments our disagreement was sorted and long forgotten. when i dared to remove my eyes from the beach and look at him, i saw that tears were streaming down his face too. i knew then, that he had missed me too all those months when we barely recognized each others existence, that he valued me as much as i valued him.


Thus the song reminds me of this day when i found my friend back. that day i had been the happiest ever, i felt as if a huge burden had shifted off my heart, i felt free and fearless, i knew i had my friend back and i knew that nothing could stop me then.. sigh! it was one of the best feelings ever...

If this wasn't reason enough. Every time i hear this song the one person i can think of is Samik. maybe because this song is still his ring tone, that he had set because i loved it. If i really want to mean the lyrics for someone, it would be Samik, who is now indispensable to me and my life. this song reminds me of the beach, the waves, friends, Firefly and of course Samik...

So tell me... what is the one song that sets your pulse racing? or do you think being so attached to a song is sheer madness??

52 comments:

яノςんム said...

hey.. i know about this :D
n i have lots n lots of such songs.

if u are not the one by daniel bettingfield, i dun wanna miss a thing by aerosmith, lots n lots :D

яノςんム said...

yayy!! first first!!

n being attracted to a song is not madness. it is feeling..

Hopeless Romantic said...

i agree...i too find so many touching songs....one of the latest i cn think off is yeh tumhari meri baatein from Rock on...it brings back all the memories..nice post :)

yamini meduri said...

hello Phoenix..firstly...the song you mentioned is ma fav too..and the story u associaed with it is so sweet that i had a smile when i read that your friend had a tear in his eyes too..!!! long live your friendship..!!!

and to me there is a special song too..a telugu one..but the best for my heart..!!!

"o my friend..!!" from the movie Happy Days(my fav movie)....it brings to me the time spent with Octaves since the last four years..!!!

i thinks it is one of the best songs written abt friends.,. every is so true...!!!

i wud dedicate it to the gang of Octaves..!!!

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

Hmmmmmmm... honestly speaking there are very few songs in my mind which are as close to me as my loved ones are...
Tumse hi is one song where in the one dedicates abd reasons out the loved one for everything good going on in his/her life...
Such a soothig song it is...
One more song that does the trick in my case is "teri yaadein" from love story series that was aired on sab TV directed by anurag kashyap...
listen to it once raka,if u havent listened to it before..

here goes teh link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnz4-r6PKOM

here is rthe female version for the same
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCvw28MkoqM&feature=related

Cheers....

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

Hmmmmmmm... honestly speaking there are very few songs in my mind which are as close to me as my loved ones are...
Tumse hi is one song where in the one dedicates abd reasons out the loved one for everything good going on in his/her life...
Such a soothig song it is...
One more song that does the trick in my case is "teri yaadein" from love story series that was aired on sab TV directed by anurag kashyap...
listen to it once raka,if u havent listened to it before..

here goes teh link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnz4-r6PKOM

here is rthe female version for the same
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCvw28MkoqM&feature=related

Cheers....

Luscious Sealed Lips said...

Oh my God! I have a 1001 songs for every moment and person. It is bloody tough.

I Love this song BUT it reminds me of my ex (as much as I may hate that idea) because we formally broke up while the song played. Ouch! I Love the song nonetheless. :)

Kisses.

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

Hi raka,

i dont know why u r not replying to any of my comments...
I think i mentioned it before itself that i didnt mean any offence to you...
If u still want to go by the same notion, i really cant help it.

Anyways thanks for replying once and for all...

Cheers...

♀»$tuti™ ღ ... said...

hmmmmmmmmm...... a song like "tumse hi " can really steal a heart, like it does in your case.......
i like "aankhen teri", one of my frnds dedicated it for me on the radio,n since then that song reminds me of him.....
:)

Phoenix said...

@richa
aa i think i have heard both but do mail me the songs na.. would love to hear it... :)

Phoenix said...

@Hopeless Romantic

yea thats a song i like too.. and i like tum ho toh too..from rock on.. its real nice :)

Phoenix said...

@yams
translate the song for me na.. please if its not a big deal for you..

Phoenix said...

@mahesh
so sorry yaar i didn't reply before... i haven't gone back to read my previous comments... and no offense meant ok?? :)

im listening to the song you mentioned.. its beautiful!! thanks for the link... i would have missed out on a great song if only you hadnt given the link :)

thanks a ton!!

Phoenix said...

@luscious lips

oopsey.... so sorry for bringing up bad or painful memories... :(

Phoenix said...

@stuti
akhein teri?? which movie is it from?? or link??

Sunshine gal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunshine gal said...

Wonderful Post and if I might chip in.. Denver's "You Fill Up My Senses" is a fixation with Me and so is Aerosmith's "Don't wanna miss a Thing"...Meaningful Songs meant for People who are worth a thousand Dreams...

Phoenix said...

@ipsy

aa i love those songs... they are simply too good :)

americanising desi said...

There is that song from Rishtey, the Anil Kapoor and Karishma Kapoor film, 'Har taraf tu he dikhay'
damnnnnnnnnnnnn I cant help but sob when I listen to it.
my beats just disappear!
i dont know how to behave..
it is like a spell!

Phoenix said...

@americanising desi

o i just know what you mean... :)

heard the song.. its really nice :)

Dhanya said...

Hmmm.. I have hundreds of songs that remind me of someone or the other...Right now, the song that totally arrests and transports me to a different world is 'Rehna tu' from Dilli 6!

Hopeless Romantic said...

another post with similar thoughts by me

http://loveisalwaysnew.blogspot.com/2009/03/yeh-tumhari-meri-baatein_14.html

Sam said...

that's a wonderful song. love it!!

Jinxed Pixie said...

OMG OMG OMG...
i love tumse hi just wayyyy too much...

Keshi said...

First of all, let me say it's great to be bak here Phoenix! :) And I love love love ur new profile pic.

Abt the post, yes I hv MANY such songs in my iPod. Im such a Music freak I just cannot live w.o. Music. I guess, to me, Music means bringing my deepest emotions to life and giving it a sound. And thats why I hv out-of-body experiences with my fav songs...cos it's my SOUL coming to life.


Keshi.

Priya Joyce said...

ahh!! wonderful write up.....love is so beautiful....it makes us forget all

and about my song...its all according to the mood...

well I like "I surrender" by CELINE it reely does affect me.
and the song u like yeh its one of my favs too.

Meera said...

its not amadness at all...and i have more than one song to pen!!

ANWESA said...

perhaps u kno music keeps me alive.
i'v a lot of fav songs but d 1 dat stirs my soul is "Piyu Bole" 4m Parineeta.i just lovvvvvve it.the perfect symphony of my life lies in the song.

MultiMenon said...

First up,I hate kareena and shahid.. :p

Second of all,yeah,me too a music freak though ders nothing like an eternal favourite..I ges it more so,depends on ma mood though I dun venture into much experimentation..Indian Carnatic classics sooth ma mind,Entharo Mahanubhaavulu is BLISS!! :)

Third of all,u din respond coz u were so over happy yest??Great then.. :)

Take care.. :)

Nikhil

Lena said...

i have many songs like that.. and i call them - soundtrack of my life because they have all in them - my tears, my joys, sorrows and happiness, achievements and disappointments.. all of them are memories which dont fade even after years

Harshita said...

I am toh pakki filmy kudi... ;)

I have many songs I relate to... and I also have those dream sequences like teenage gals...lol

:) I love this song a lot and am sure many do...

Samik is one lucky guy...grrrrr

vanilla sky said...

i love that song too :)
and your new profile pic is too good!

Arnav said...

Well its not madness it happens to all of us :)

My song is "Tum ho Toh " from Rock on :) and one more "Khabar NAhi" from Dostana...

Both these song brings a smile to my face and a spark in my eye :)

I too had a similar experience , I had an amazing friend , but due to a silly incident and then our immaturity we stopped talking , in fact we hated each other , this was in the 2nd year of my college. However in the last year ( 4 th) We both started realizing that our days were limited ,we were soon passing out and that meant everything would change - Thus we started talking , but on the day when i went to the Railway station and the train was just about to leave, we looked at each other and said "sorry" in unison - which was followed by a hug and we both laughed at the silly thing we did . Touch wood we are friends again and yes Great Friends now just like before except for the immaturity :)

the pink orchid said...

my favorite songs are similar to Richa :)

Ria said...

one song that brings back all kinda memories for me is the title track of "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai", it jus brings back the memories of the innocence of my first love who is the love of my life at present! :)

Arnab Majumdar said...

For me, almost all songs have some or the other memories attached with it. So, every time I listen to the songs of Metallica, it brings back memories of the last two years of school, some albums of Iron Maiden makes me relive the early days of college, while Floyd takes me back to the final year of college... and I mean the memories come in the most vivid forms. There are a few songs too, that bring even more vivid memories, but let's leave all that down the memory line :P

Isn't it wonderful when you find your old friends again? That's one privilege that I couldn't enjoy much... sad...

You portray the emotions wonderfully girl. Keep writing :) Cheers...

Phoenix said...

@dhanya...
really delli6 songs are rather nice...

Phoenix said...

@hopeless romantic
thanks for the link will check it out for sure.. :)

Phoenix said...

@sam

:D me too!! me too!!

Phoenix said...

@punya
there we go.. we both ahve found yet another connection :)

Phoenix said...

@keshi

im so thrilled you are back.. that was the biggest gift ever!! and thanks for liking the pic :) your liking it means much to me.. :)

Phoenix said...

@pj
i have heard i surrender and its beautiful!

Phoenix said...

@meera

thank god atleast one person doesnt think im mad!! :)

Phoenix said...

@anwesa

you are a true romantic :)

Phoenix said...

@nikhil

how i hate you coz you hate my shahid.. though i love you too because you hate kareena whom i happen to hate too :)

Phoenix said...

@nikhil

how i hate you coz you hate my shahid.. though i love you too because you hate kareena whom i happen to hate too :)

Phoenix said...

@lena

beautiful words there... :) and very well said

Phoenix said...

@harshita

i know most of your fav songs.. and they are all very nice slow and meaningful just the way i like it...

Phoenix said...

@vanilla sky

:) thanks :)

Phoenix said...

@arnav

i love tum ho toh... its phenomenal..

and as for your narrative.. i could so related to it... :)

best of luck to you and your friend.. i hope you guys have an ever lasting friendship ahead! touchwood!!

yamini meduri said...

ok dear...defly will translate it and send it to u very soon....

i will also send the link of it...do listen it has got the award for the best song category in Tollywood...!!!

Aditi..............:) said...

Hey Babe I had written about it a long time ago....you will find my comment here http://readmeout-aditi.blogspot.com/2008/03/musicummmm.html