Sunday, April 19, 2009

Make your vote count

I so wanted to write a post on the upcoming elections and the fact that we must exercise our right to vote. but then being apolitical and politics illiterate I'm hardly the person to write it. all i feel right now is that we voters hardly have options from which to vote from. and its more of voting the lesser of the evils from the whole lot. that's hardly assuring isn't it? what amuses me and in turn disgusts me, is the mudslinging every party engages in just to promote themselves. there is no decorum or decency. moreover a new trend has made its presence felt, that is of flinging of the shoe towards the politicians, while it may just mirror the anger and sheer annoyance on the part of the common man, it however does not justify itself, for it was done in real bad taste. what is hilarious is the political manifestos... see them and tally them with the youth and the youth problems and you will have yet another reason not to vote even though the political parties are trying their best to woo the youth who constitute the majority of vote the bank. but hey does not mean you don't vote... do ahead and vote, for change.


check this link it is a video.. it was shot in my college with me and my friends... most of whom you will recognize! :) have fun watching the video and don't forget to vote.

Take a look at: Tubaah: Young voters in Kolkata feel disconnected with politicians

NDTV news reporter Monideepda Banerjee [in green salwar] in the centre,
Satrajit, Ishani, Shubhankar, Monideepa mam, Me, Soumik
Payel, Tista,Pooja, Rohit and Arindam

ones in red are my friends, whom i had mentioned before :)

25 comments:

Mayz said...

me sees you...me sees you!!!

yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

sahiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!

vanilla sky said...

Watched it! That was a nice discussion going on :)
Seems quite recent ?

Hemanth Potluri said...

watched the video..i casted my vote on thursday :)..

urs..hemu..

americanising desi said...

i have given up my right to vote, though i have been once a political science student!

americanising desi said...

i have given up my right to vote, though i have been once a political science student!

Amrita~Ams said...

that was a nice discussion..
even thou i m going to vote..but not yet decided whom to vote..
nyways..
me n my dad enjoyed the pic u loaded..hehehhe..

Hopeless Romantic said...

Ah....this is an awesome video...everyone did very well...the points came out very nicely...well done guys...enjoy n do vote :)

Cheers,
Amit

MultiMenon said...

me sees you tooo..am more experienced than mayz too.. :D YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bondgal_rulz said...

I be waiting for the electons to cast my vote too!!

First time voter! :)

Chronicwriter said...

we should vote... came up with a similar post me too...

:)

www.chronicwriter.com

Luscious Sealed Lips said...

Do you have a Voters' I.D. Card?

Kisses.

Leo said...

greetings to Phoenix from Leo! :)

and yes, we must vote for change!
good post, though my net was too slow for the video! :)

btw, destiny's child looks wearied from the time i saw it last, which was probably somewhere in late november last year! i'd loved ur old template, why the change? :)

comfortably numb said...

now thts wht I call a vibrant discussion:)
one just has 2 vote.period!!!

яノςんム said...

this videa doesnt buffer all right. I ll watch it and then comment. OH btw, U look great :D

Sumit said...

one must go for votes. if not to elect someone, atleast to prevent fake votes being cast in your name.
n its high time, the politicians realised that the state machinery n the electorate are not there to serve their needs, its the other way around!!!

little boxes said...

even if one doesnt vote,it is very important to go to the booth and sign next to your name so that no one else can cast it in your name..
and i truly believe that we dont have the right o complain if we do not vote...
i mean you really cant criticise a book without even taking the effort to read it,can you?

NE~ISM said...

I don't know much about the politics in India but, by listening to all that you and the rest of the people said on the video it is much like what is going on here in away.

I like how you spoke up for what you believed in...

Thanks for stopping by Tomato also!!

Ne.

Pallav said...

going to vote tht is sure...wop whom ..yet to decide....vaisey all are 'Chor' so hardly matters....

nice discussion...

Pallav

Harshita said...

:) Boli meri raka... chapar chapar... :D hehe

Ria said...

wow!!nice video gurl.... :) And ype i m gonna vote on 30th at Mumbai. :)

Arv said...

We should all vote.. its a citizen's right and duty... but I would also like to have a no vote option :P

Dream'R said...

well i ve never voted..and right now i cant vote (being here)..but i wouldnt vote anyways...maybe its not the right thing to do but wat the heck..me not voting..;-)(dont hate me for this)

and my my...my buddy the celebrity..wah wah..i keep esteemed company..;-)

Dhanya said...

Rakaaa, I have what you call 'a bad net connection' day :( :( :( I can't see... nahiiiiii!!!

Astraeus said...

i just went through the last few blogpost. i went all misty eyes reading them..

God we have such a long long way!!!
Also i am really really happy your blog has become like a second home. I still remember showing you how to open a blogger account and the whole template and jazz two years back and look where you have come today..

there is so so so so much i want to write but i think my silence will be the best for of conveying what i am feeling right now. :)

aqua gurl said...

wow, i see u, good job womannn!!!