Saturday, April 04, 2009

Emosonal Attyachar



What would most of us have done if Anurag Kashyap had'nt made the movie Dev.D? we would have lost of out on a nice catch line to express the emotional torture we have to bear, but of course in a semi desi way. OK that was the worse Pj of the century. but honestly, i know the term "emosonal attyachar" is now almost a cliche but then it is an apt expression to the hell I've been going through of late.

My college ends on 21st of April then i have 2 weeks of study leave, during which and after which i have not only my semesters [graduation exams] but also entrance exams to various colleges. As if having Tamil again after 3 semesters [i have forgotten almost all of what i had learnt previously] in our course was difficult to cope up with, we have study pressure to maintain our grades and GPA, and SGPA [don't you dare ask me the full forms.. okay i don't know myself! :X] and the entrances. the least thing i need is people emotionally blackmailing me and instead of encouraging me they discourage me and add to tension and fear i already have regarding my performance.

Everyone i know offers me free advice and career counselling... you know na that ghisa pitta dialogue.. akeli ladki khuli hue tijori ki tarah hai and all that jazz??!! its the same old thing.. why don't you pursue your PG here? what will you do anyway.. all you need is a masters degree in your kitty for that why do you have to waste so much money studying out of the city etc etc. Yes i know studying outside the city wont be a piece of cake, i know i have a lot of emotional baggage myself, for i just cant stay away from anything or anyone familiar, least of all without my niece or samik but if I'm willing to battle it out, because this is the last chance i will ever get to study what i want and to pursue my dream career and should'nt my loved ones try and encourage me at least? but no! they can just sit back and pass their judgements.. come on losers get a life!! I'm not born to stay in my well and turn out to be a typical housewife. be careful for what you wish for.. if i ever have to stay back, then trust me, i will suck so bad at the things you expect out of me, that you will wish you never wished me to stay in the first place. so look out!! or better still wish me luck and let me go...

Uncle. sister, niece, relatives and friends..all are the perpetrators of the torture im going through.. and the list could go on but what's really tough is to explain to my mother, its frustrating and irritating, not because of the generation gap but because despite being a woman herself she refuses to see things that a woman goes through. a woman's life is not limitless like the sky, and specially one who is committed. she does not have the liberties as much as a guy can enjoy, so if she must fulfill her dreams and ambitions she must do it before she is tied down in life and before the time runs out, because her options are lesser as compared to men. Is it so difficult for people who are near and dear to me, to let me go, for my happiness and betterment? all i ask is 2-3 years after which i know i will be tied down with responsibilities, till then, spare me the emosanal attyachar and wish me luck, because i know i deserve better than the hogwash i have been served lately.hmmph!!

31 comments:

яノςんム said...

ja simran.. jee le apni zindagi.. :D

from ddlj ofcourse :P

oye yaar.. speak ur mind.. do wat u feel like.. u have ur lifetime to be woth ur family. but ur career and ur education has these two yrs only.

cheers!!

hugz!!

яノςんム said...

yaaayyy!!

me first :D

ANWESA said...

ya babes!!i too had,have n will have my share of such problems. it'll assume gr8er proportion if u take all such comments seriously. don't lose ur cool n work hard.btw,
CGPA=cumulative grade point average
SGPA=semester grade point average
GPA=grade point average

sawan said...

work hard and earn ur PG. advices wud cease once you have your future set. all the very best - and thats not wishing you luck, thats reminding you of ur ability. believe in urself, luck wud follow :) u take care.

Luscious Sealed Lips said...

I know exactly what you mean. The subtle discrimination remains and we fight it every day every minute in different forms.

If you really want it, you will have it. Worked for me. :)

Kisses.

Dhanya said...

Hmmm. It's something you can't really avoid. Sad reality. Believe me, conservative parents will always remain like that.

It's very difficult to change their mindset. Try not to argue with them too much, coz I am sure they won't understand it anyway. Just say what you want and then do your own thing. Arguing can make matters worse. So keep your lips sealed.

Gosh! I sound like an agony aunt here. But I am kind of experienced in this kind of thing going on at home :)

hitch writer said...

hmph !

these are also phases in life that pass away...

always follow your heart... at the end every one will appreciate for believing in yourself !

Priya Joyce said...

When you get ur PG and become someone out of the way then i do no think anybody will have anything to say.

It might help the coming generations too.

Its just that you need to be silent by ur mouth and loud and strong by your actions...ur actions and achievements would be a strong slap to all these.

:)

Punyaprabha said...

methinks...this is just a temporary phase...it had to pass, right?
everything shalt pass...

Mayz said...

i wanted to say wat richa said...hmph!!!

so an encore thr :P

n PG...well its vy imp to do it from d right college...no matter whr it is...so dnt let others bother ya...it wud b without doubt d most imp thing on ur CV...u dont want a glass ceiling on ur career jus coz u r locationally not mobile...

whoeva told ya this tell em to get their facts right...do wat u wanna do...its ur life n ur career...never play wid it

ps **i will suck so bad at the things you expect out of me

wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope no puns were intended thr

pisku said...

All the best! do well in whatever you do!

Aneesh said...

well,keep cool things are sure to turn around...
:D

Trinaa said...

whose career is it? ur na? n whose life is it? urs na? fir??
..leavo everyone else n go 4 wht u want..mere saath bhi kuch yehi kahani hai..but m more stubborn than even a mule so nobody can do anything to change my mind! ;D

oo7 said...

u liked DEV-D

we have started a blog for DEv-D fanatics..
http://dev-d-paranoia.blogspot.com/

Dream'R said...

whoa..some1s pissed!!...aree yaar..humaare india mein yeh toh hota rehta hai...i m pretty sure eventually they ll comne around..obviously it ll take for u to be stubborn and a lot of it i should add...but if u really want it so bad..dontcha worry they ll eventually come around..or the whole kayanaath will work for it to work...hehe..couldnt resist..sorry..;-)

Arnab Majumdar said...

I've seen a lot of people going through this same problem, and I still don't understand the point of it. I mean, how can someone live... and here, I mean truly live their lives... stuck in their home? There's a whole wide world waiting outside for you.

It's important to let your folks know what you want. They might want specific plans, they might ask a lot of questions, and you gotta deal with it. Convincing them has to be done, and it has to be done by you... but I think you'd better do it, and pursue something in life that you really wanna do... otherwise, you might have a lingering regret about how your life could have turned out for you.

Take care, cheers :)

yamini meduri said...

hello Phoenix...!!!

i felt like u wrote my heart some time back....i faced the same situation when i applied for the MBA entrances....it was a hard time convincing the people around...but then i stood by my plan and here i am now...gonna leave to Pune n other 2 months..!!!

i know its a tougher time for u than me,..but dear i am confident that you can acheive it and u will defly move towayrds your dream..!!

all the best dear..!!!

and u r very true that we fgals have to face this emotionaachar for the rest of the life too..!!!

Amrita~Ams said...

.true said/

americanising desi said...

we get hit temporarily.
hang on girl!
just tight! :)
you 'll b a winner in the end :) take my 6th sense bark for it... hugssssssss!!

Ria said...

Chill babe!if u believe in this so strongly jus be a rebel and try to reason it out with ur parents. Try to explain then why does this matter to u and in what way, i m sure if they want to see u happy they will let u do what u want.

VagaBond said...

I liked the way u justified urself for using 'emotional atyachaar'....and for the rest of the part i wud suggest do what ur parents say coz i have realized one thing no matter what parents are always right...rest is upto u to decide!!

MultiMenon said...

Ppl have got to be selfish when its just ur life and its aftermath with which u have to lead and live on.,I say,do whatever ur mind says but make sure that it is taking u the way u want,on the right track.. :)

Nikhil

Keshi said...

u gottta swim against the tide to be WHERE u want to be. Go for it!

ALL THE BEST TOO!

Keshi.

Harshita said...

jaa Simran jee le apni zindagi... ;)

Abey yaar... duniya ko goli maar... khud mein confidence hain naa.. toh aagey badd... aur dhakka maarney ko toh hain hi main aur richa...hehe

Harshita said...

HAWWWWWWWWWW!!

Mera aur richa ka comment same hain... shuh!!

Pallav said...

I m sorry i repating again but...Richa ka comment ...mera bhi same hai jii....

n pls dont listen to them
Suno sabki n karo apne man ki...
hehehe...:)
cheers
hv fun...

ki said...

Awwwwww *hug*

I'm approaching that phase too, when I'll have to beg my family to let me spread my wings so I can totally undewrstand what you're going through. It won't be easy, but I guess you'll learn so uch staying away from home! And they'll all be there, waiting for you after na?

Hope I made sense. :)

Aditi..............:) said...

Haha..i know what its like....chill babe....it will fade!

bondgal_rulz said...

Go girl go!

Stand up for yourself re, cos if you wont who will ???

Wishing you all the luck in all your endeavours. :)

Cheers

Sam said...

I remember having a long chat with you on this, and you know my take. Believe in yourself and go ahead with what you feel is right. Its your life, and you get to live it only once.

AMIT said...

Emosonal Attyachar.Wow loved this word.

Meridian real estate