Thursday, April 23, 2009

End Of An Era


In our first year @CCD

So finally college ended and relief washed over. the farewell was indeed good and honestly it touched all of us. what was more touching is that, this is the first time our department hosted the farewell and probably the best part was, a lively and great batch like UG1 put up a superb, well organized farewell, with the right amount of fun and emotions. what is noteworthy is, farewells are usually organized by the second senior most batch, that is the UG2's but honestly we would rather, the UG1's did it for they did a mighty good job and the effort really touched us. what i absolutely loved was the fact, that usually the Pg2's are given a lot of importance as their whole class is leaving college and the UG3's are left out of it presuming that they will continue with the masters here; and the outgoing students are left out [likes of me] But this time UG3's were really included or to put it mildly it was 'our 'show.


As the magic fades... after the trip to Vizaq

one of the main high points was of course the slide shows that they put up. they were amazing, and the effort that these people put in was really commendable. cheers and hoots reigned during the slide show each of us were really touched and a little teary eyed too. i was there with Shubhankar sitting on a stair, wearing a saree that got me drenched in sweat, with the heat upped by just 2 AC's and soo many people; we sat squashed due to lack of space, silently talking while the show was on, and we were really counting our last 'official' moments together. the feelings that coursed through were diverse, a little nostalgic, a lot hopeful, and apprehension about my future. the tears did come. a lone tear trickled down as one of my favourite teachers, SC mam spoke about her experiences about all of us and it was one very emotional moment. talking to teachers, summing up our experiences with them, amidst proclamations by the rest, that will stay back to bug them some more, was one helluva tough time, i almost choked when i informed some of my teachers of my decision of not going back. but all in all i just couldn't wait to walk away from the crowd of known faces and to forget they ever existed. all in all i must say, that this farewell even though was an awesome experience its intensity lacked the ones i went through when i was in my 10th standard.

Then UG2, on our way back to Vizaq from Arraku Valley

Now i feel a whole lot responsible about my life and the choices I'm about to make. and even though its a lot scary something in me tells me 'I'm ready!' my study leave has started and I'm like really busy with dispatching the last of the admission forms, making drafts etc, now all i need is to concentrate on my studies; to devote time between studying for my semesters and also for my entrance exams. yeah it will be tough i know but I'm prepared to struggle to get to my goals, for i know achieving my dreams with be worth all this toil and hardship. and that does not mean that I'm not going to blog mind you.. :)

come on now wish me luck!!

P.S- the pics haven't been transferred from the cam yet, some problem with that. but then i will put it up soon. sorry for the delay. for now these are some of my great memories of JU.

P.P.S- no more posts on college. promise!! :) even i have had enough.. im too giddy by now.. :)

24 comments:

ANWESA said...

1st things 1st..

ANWESA said...

okay,1st 2 comment..
well,i'm glad dat u had a happy nding at JU.now get on wid ur life.
ur frenz n teachers ll alwez remember u,coz u cant b easily 4gotten.:)

яノςんム said...

:,(

college over.. farewell.. reminds me of my own...

but dying to see the farewell pics..

wishing u all the very best in future endaevours...

love u a lot...

mwwwwaaaaahhhh..

Ria said...

Aww those pics are so nice and cute!!replete with the memories from college life. I wish u all the gurl for ur future endeavors!! Do well in whtever u choose to take up.

I know i sound like an aunty, but then i m saying all this coz i hav been thru this phase.

Dhanya said...

Those pics are really cute! Don't have to wish you luck, coz somehow I am damn sure you have a bright future ahead of you. But anyway, since you are asking for it...


WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD!!!!!!

:)

Rahul Viswanath said...

Miss those days ..... Nostalgic moments .... would say cherished moments :)

Priya Joyce said...

well surely that is the end of an era..
well u r gonna miss ur friends..for sure..
and well al the best for ur dreams...am sure they'll come true..

Meera said...

Definitely its an end of an era.A post with mixed feelings,shall I say?
Wish you all the good luck!

Hemanth Potluri said...

nice pics yaar.all the best for u in the world :)..

urs..hemu..

Amrita~Ams said...

oye...nices pics yar..esp the first one..:)
my coll is also ending...:(:(..
mujko dar lag raha hai...:(

americanising desi said...

i think a long way along the line you ll sit and read this and just drown into nostalgia!

Luscious Sealed Lips said...

I still felt more for my School than College. I still miss it. But once you move ahead, you get busy and you know you have been prepared for the bigger things in life. Go grab it! All the Best!

Hugs.
Kisses.

Harshita said...

Posts about college are most welcome.

As you take this step forward towards an all new phase of life, I wish you all the best.

Make new memories :)

Chriz said...

and so it ends...

the memories stays for ever.. i am reading so much of college posts these days.. tears ... somehow i can relate totally :)

The Pink Orchid said...

you are all set.. an amazing future is waiting for you with open arms!! :D god bless! all the best! :)

all our best wishes are with you! :D

comfortably numb said...

tht's it...a glorious chapter comes to an end but as they say every end is actually the beginning of another start...so keep the memories n off you go onto another travel:)

Aditi..............:) said...

Think about the bright future!! Also, when you guys meet later on..after many months or years...its so much fun to catch up!!! You can go on talking for like hours together!! :P

Arv said...

Have a lovely time... All the best mate :)

cheers...

Mayz said...

its not over...these memories will live on forever

vy cute pics :)

n all d best for everythin u do

hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!

oo7 said...

i so miss my grad days...
bu hu hu

Urv said...

:(

I am sweating now :(

I miss college :(

All the bestest best to you :)

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

Well i missed the whole college stuff you posted....
i will read it sometime...

photos are so cute and especially very colourful..seems like ur college mates love colours..:P

Pallav said...

Well starting of new phase....
ths good..
May god bless u.. n u hv wonderful future....

nice pic..reminded me something....

Pria said...

hey.. u hav been to yzag!! thnx gurl.. aftr al its my place :)