Friday, April 17, 2009

My College Days

SHUBHANKAR and me :)

Yesterday was my last class test in JU. yes formally the countdown to the end has begun. i wish i could feel nostalgic and a little weepy but i am not :D!!. the happy go lucky blokes in our class are a lot more emotional but they are staying back for PG anyway. yes i am taking a massive risk in life, i will not take readmission in my college for PG which is a sure shot opportunity. that means if i don't get admission in any of the 5 colleges I'm applying outside Kolkata, either i have to work or waste a year and then maybe re-apply for PG in my department. and trust me instead of feeling the burden.. okay i do feel it but a teeny tiny bit ...but im sure that i will never repent the decision i'm taking now and i will stand by it no matter what and take what comes my way cheerfully. it makes me feel a lot lighter for knowing for sure i wont have to come back to this shit hole again. and the relief is beyond what i can hardly explain.

that's my friend IPSY and me :)

i know most of you are aghast and surprised at me taking about college in such drastic terms, but i have no ill feelings towards college, i have a grudge against the people i have encountered and the unjustly i have been treated here. more on that but later, this post is not for unhappy thoughts! :)
that's ROHIT and me :)

you know why i feel so happy and relaxed about leaving college without the tell-a-tale signs of tears and nostalgia? maybe its got to do with the fact that my good friends, handful in number are the ones who have stuck by me in this rocky journey of life and the relationship i have established with them transcend the college boundaries. i don't need college boundaries to unite me with my friends and this makes each and everyone whom i consider friends stand out among the others.
TISTA and me :)

if i really miss something about college life will be these friends, who in my hour of need have stood by me and became my pillar of strength. Ipsy has been a moral support guiding me through some of the darkest hours of my life, when i all but gave in to despair, she made me a more confident person and gave me the strength that i could conquer anything if i set my mind to it. Shubhankar has been there through thick and thin, he is the one person i actually depend upon, be it while submitting assignments or filling up admission forms, or calming my nerves before exams, he truly has been the ultimate friend, my mirror image; someone i connect to even without talking. Rohit is one friend who has been there for me, right from the first day of college till the end, we have gossip sessions as well as those dreamy conversations about life and people, we hardly meet but when we do we have the greatest conversations ever, no ego pride or negativity has marred our friendship and he is the one friend i have managed to keep secure from oblivion's curse, he is a treasure to me. Tista is a lot crazy, hyper, Queen bee of college, she is everything i am not; feminine, fashionable and forthcoming. yet we clicked we have been friend from the last 6-10 months yet we have connected well. its with her i share my girlie side, she is my ultimate guru when it comes to beauty and fashion tips. and with our boy friends in tow we have some awesome double dates.

i don't know what my future is, where ever i am. no matter what happens. these are really the cherished few whom I'm going to remember with love and make an attempt to always keep in touch. it is the ultimate bliss when the person for whom you care reciprocates your feelings and appreciates you for who you are... college is coming to and end but not the friendship that transcends the plane on which it first blossomed!

god! please make sure this is actually an end and i don't have to go back to JU again!! please be by my side and make this ending a permanent one so that i can move on ahead making the most of life and the opportunities that beacon me.

yay!! just 3 more days to go!

i intend to write a post on each of the last four remaining days of my college, to remember and share the time i spent here, so that someday when i come back and read this, i may be able to cherish these last moments with love and fondness.

44 comments:

ANWESA said...

me 1st?

ANWESA said...

okay,so me being 1st...i njoyed ur post every bit :) i'v my end-sems 2moro,so wish me luck!!
i wish u get wats best 4 u in life.

Harshita said...

Uhuh!! U got me all nostalgic... and I feel this strong urge to call my college frenz right now.

Cherish these 3 days like anything... THIS time will never come back :)

And am sure its a new beginning frm here. Wish you all the best.

GOT MY LAPTOP FIXED :D

Priya Joyce said...

me third :P

lol

well whenever someone talks abt leaving/or end of some school or college..
I get nostalgic..that brought Kv again in my memories :(

well..njoy the remaining days...well I am sure..u'll miss it too.
/;)

americanising desi said...

ahhhaaaaaaaaaaaan!
wow i so dont like to recal abt my college days ...
but hey you did have a super dooper time!

Priya Joyce said...

nopes i was fourth..:P

Arv said...

wow... those are the days :)

Enjoy these days and wish you the best in life...

hey... atleast u have 5, I had only 1 and it turned out well :)

take care mate... cheers...

Ria said...

hey those were some really sweet pics!!well all i can say is tht college is all about bitter sweet memories...and whtever it is u'll miss them for sure!!

Hopeless Romantic said...

All the best for the new life...enjoy the last few days!

Keep in touch !

Amit

ki said...

Awww :)

All the best for everything. I hope you DO get in to the colleges where you apply. :)

And btw, you're pretty. :)

deluded said...

good times those must be.

cheers for some more in life.

Dream'R said...

Hey raka...

The post is real cool but thats not my point..i dunno yaar i just dont like the fact that people diss college...agreed yours might have not been the best experience possible and yeah you havent dissed college but yaar tum dekhleena in a few months after college u ll def miss it..this is how it always works yaar...i loved college, every bit of it but when it was about to get over i assumed i wouldnt miss it..but only i know how much i bawled on our farewell day.

Wait for 2 months and then temme if this comment was right or wrong..;-)

luv
amith

Pallav said...

i get nostalgic as soon as i heard of college..
strange u don't..anyways...i love my college though i hate some Pals but still nw i dnt hv any grudges for them...
good to knw n read abt ur friends n ur friendship with them..
just enjoy n hv fun...
All the best...

Cheers :)
Pallav

Dhanya said...

Aaah.. makes me feel all nostalgic! You share an awesome relationship with your friends, Raka. Just proves what an amazing personality you have. Just keep it going!

MultiMenon said...

God Bless ya!! muaaahh's! :)

and hello?? am gonna be pissing even wen ur like,80 odd,grandma,maybe great grnndma.. :p and i ges,i still woukld be the same me who ll be pissing u,disturbin u and ur privacy,giving u miss calls..and the like.. :)
Totally!

Nikhil

Lena said...

you are lucky to have made friends there who matter and will matter, thats the most important thing we get from college - beautiful relationships.

And good luck with your PG, may you be accepted in all 5 ;)

pisku said...

Amen to your prayers! and such good pics there!
Well time will make u forget all the bad memories.

Diya said...

Itz true that even I want to leave JU after my UG, but please I dont wanna 4get my college, I love JU as well as my friends here... :) Nd best of luck Raka di for your PG :)
Nd thanks for linking my post, but please dont ask me who I am, let me remain anonymous, but you may know that I know you :P :)

the pink orchid said...

i liked your pic TISTA so damn much.. :) it was a lovely post.. you are blessed for you have such lovely friends. stay connected to them even after college.. okie? :)

vanilla sky said...

Hope you get through the colleges you have applied:)
Why dont you keep ju at your hand by just applying it? joining will still be at your dispense and you will have an option open too

yamini meduri said...

3 more post about the last days in ur college....i have to prepare well before...!!

but i am very emotional abt leaving my leaving the college coz, you know, octaves the first reasoin and its the place i knew more abt myself..!!

nostalgic..!!!

яノςんム said...

oh i swo miss my GNDU..

u wont blv, but the last day of my college was so senti.. i dint cry one tear though, but one of my gang mates- a guy- cried buckets full :D

Sumit said...

enjoy ur last few days. and yeah, it is the right decision in my opinion. u shud step outside kolkata n experience the world outside. its so very different. everything would be different, the people, the attitude, the work-ethics, the culture, the food... n u will be on ur own. u wud learn how to take care of urself... independence might truly do you good. and if not responsible enough, it could leave to devastated in the long run... how you handle it ur choice, but the risk is worth everything!!!

Phoenix said...

@anwesa

hey i hope u had a good end semesters?? :)

Phoenix said...

@harshita

YAY!! lappy got fixed!! tra la la la... now we can keep in touch better!!

Phoenix said...

@pj
miss? not much to miss! i will take my friends beyond the gates of our campus so not much of missing you see :)

Phoenix said...

@seher
i dont want to recall them too bcz the bad ones [which are too many] are entwined with the good ones!! :( so writing this post was tough..

Phoenix said...

@arv

thats the best part.. i belive in quality over quantity! :)

im glad u have one great friend over many average friends~~

Phoenix said...

@ ria


you have just summed it up in the best possible way and to perfection!!

Phoenix said...

@amit

yeah of course!! :)

Phoenix said...

@ki

amen

*blush* *blush*

thanks :)

Phoenix said...

@deluded

partly good yeah.. :)

Phoenix said...

@amit

see the thing is you know... while the campus is awesome.. the friends i MANAGED to hold on till the end [all of us in the pictures are not from one group.. they are not quite linked] are precious but the people who INFEST the spae.. have scarred me too bad... so missing college isnt in the question.. among the scores of bad memories i managed to savour the good ones eventhough they were few and far between...

what is past is past.. i wont look back again!! and THAT my friend is a promise.. and people to mean to me im taking them along.. so there is no question of missing them..

Phoenix said...

@pallav

thanks a ton pal!!

wishing you the best in life too!!

Phoenix said...

@dhanya

im really touched by your comment but i wish i could say"ya well im just plain luck!'

but the truth is these friends are the ones i MANAGED to hold on to while there were several loads of them actually i have LOST along the way..

and all the friends i mentioned are not in whole constitute a group but they are separate entities in college and individually we share a great friendship...i wish we were all a huge group..

Phoenix said...

@nikhil

yea i guess at 80 when my grandchildren will be getting married we will meet for the first time!! and we will still be friends... if u dont want that arrange for us to meet... ASAP!!

Phoenix said...

@lena

thank you so very much....


i wish i get through them too...!!

Phoenix said...

@pisku

yes the time to finally forget the bad memories have come!!
:)

Phoenix said...

@diya

you have put me in a very uncomfortable place..while i like yo and all.. but then im really averse and allergic to people who know me personally in REAL life from reading my blog.. it makes me conscious and very apprehensive...

Phoenix said...

@kajal
okie dokie madam!! :)

and thank you :)

Phoenix said...

@saheli

ya i know im taking a huge risk.. but like i said... im unhappy here... and under no circumstance im going to come back here...NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS.. id rather wash dishes for a living or get married [shudders!!!] than come back!!

Phoenix said...

@yams

OCTAVES ROCK!! and you have every reason to miss them sweetheart!!

these friends who i mentioned are individual friends to me not a group like octaves... so i know what u mean...

anyway thanks and yea 3 more posts are going to be up soon!!

Phoenix said...

@richa
u r from GNDU?? wow i rowed with the students of GNDU

Phoenix said...

@sumit da

this is the best thing anyone could have ever told me.... these are wise words... words that im going to keep in my mind always...

thank you so very much!!

and yes the risk is worth taking