Thursday, May 07, 2009

And then she grew up...

A winter sun... a lazy chair,
A curious mind... a new find,
A sunny day... seasons later,
Lazy spring... fine wine,
That's how she grew,
And then Phoenix finally flew...
Note: Quite random actually, however as you read further am sure the essence of the above lines would be delivered.

Time flies they say, and well it sure does. Figuratively speaking! Honestly, what were you thinking? ;)

I started my second innings in blogsville, towards the fag end of 2006 and was very much a closet blogger. used to write as and when I felt like, and never really bothered to read other blogs. And then, after being coaxed into reading some other blogs by a friend of mine, I started blog-hopping. It was the winter of 2007. And it was then that on one such expedition I happened to chance across a blogger called "Phoenix". Absolutely frank, and with a much appreciated flair of writing, I kept coming back for more. Over the course of next few months we developed a few common acquaintances (also bloggers) over other social networking sites. It was then, I came to know Raka, and not Phoenix. One might claim that, Raka n Phoenix are one and the same, I, unfortunately beg to differ. Phoenix is Raka, the converse is not true. I digress. :)

The basic essence of Destiny's Child the way I have seen it, is the honesty with which Phoenix writes. I know few other bloggers who have done so. Not always the sensitive soul, who can drive one mad with their sugar coated posts, Phoenix struck a delicate balance with her posts. She presented the world the way she saw it, the way it happened around her. The other remarkable aspect about her is the blog has matured along with Raka/Phoenix. back in 2007, when I came to know her, she was a thoughtful, sensitive blogger, who had just stepped into adulthood and was going through the pains of finding out a lot of harsh realities of life. Now, about to graduate, this lady has matured beyond my imagination. Always had a good head on her shoulders, the lessons learnt, the pragmatism, ambitiousness has reflected in her posts. At times subtle, at times overt, but the growth has been tremendous. Between then and now, she has grown by nearly 300 posts. And frankly, as Phoenix approaches the 500 milestone she has managed to touch quite a few hearts as a blogger and as a friend. I honestly, couldn't think of talking about any other topic other than her growth as I had seen here at blogsville.

Phoenix,
From where I stand the 500 milestone for you is kind of symbolic. It marks a point in time, when you step beyond the cocoons of your comfort zone. A phase of your life where you are keen to strike out on your own, you are ambitious and going all out to build your own identity. You are making choices and decisions which will determine the course of your life at least for the next 5 years. It is a rite of passage which we all undertake at some point. I wish you the very best, and hope that amidst all your pursuits you wouldn't lose touch with your real self. Oh and do not take a hiatus from blogsville like I did. :)
Best wishes
Sam a.k.a Confused Sam

Now, I have been at my best behaviour in this post. If you all would excuse me, I must attend to a few pressing matters of my own. Damn Imperial!! :D

19 comments:

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

Wow..
That was indeed a honest testimonial about you raka Urf phoenix..

Good to know that so many people are fans of you...

May be next year i may come up with one testimonial for you..:P

Cheers..

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

am first..:P

rabbit said...

nice testi ...
good one ji

Mayz said...

i agree wid all d comments above n wud like to add that u shud put this up on d networkin sites to let d world know raka...ummm phoenix...

pisku said...

Indeed one of the most honest blogs I've seen in blogsville.

These testimonials are only getting better and better!

The Pink Orchid said...

this one was so from the heart and someone with a vision and clear perspective only could write something like this... Hats off to Sumit.. :D

and well deserved post for Raka.. :D

Phoenix said...

@sumita da


coming from someone i call "DADA" these words mean a lot.. i dont have a bro.. it is one of my greatest regrets... but haing you around is like a comfort.. i may not talk to you often.. but when i do its like ultimate comfort...somehow i know talking it out to you works... :)

remember tht early morning..when i woke up at 4 just to come online and talk to you about my problems??? well...i knew i had to talk things out to you.. and i knew u would never dissapoint me and u didnt...

from a lil sis to her dada... i promise to never let traditions and so called social customs[read: marriage] get in the way of my career...i will yield to it all.. but only my aims are reached and my childhood dream is realized....

thank you for being a friend and a guide to me.. but more than which thank you for being my DADA

lots of love...

Phoenix said...

@everyone...

with this is post... i come to an end of the 7 post series of my 500th post celebrations... i know you mut have all been too tired reading about me... :) i didnt for not always you are praised in this way :)

today i will be back with a post of my own...:)

Phoenix said...

@mahesh..
u r on... u write wen i finish my 550th post ok?

AD said...

my God you are such a celebrity!

ki said...

VEry very heartfelt :) :) :)

Arnab Majumdar said...

@ Raka... Although I've not known you for that long, but from what I've known about you... through the posts, the comments, the replies to those comments, both on my blog and on yours, I can safely say that you totally deserved every word that was said there.

Don't stop blogging ever, you've become a very important part of it now :) Cheers...

comfortably numb said...

tht was a lovely dedication...fully deserved too:)

read all the 7 posts in the series now...was not able to come here for a while!!!
neways...rocking 500s Raka, keep the flame alive.
Tc:)

Ria said...

such a sweet and true testimonial babe!! :) Gr8 line up of posts i must say.

Arv said...

A lovely post to end this beautiful guest post series... 500 is a big thing and this is a great way to celebrate it with our fellow writers :)

I liked all these posts about you... so honest and from the heart...

Keep writing and wish you the very best for the admission :)

take care... cheers...

Luscious Sealed Lips said...

This is a beautiful series of knowing Raka aka Phoenix better, through somebody else.

Kisses.

Sumit said...

@phoenix: to put it mildly!! the pleasure was all mine :)

Ritu said...

From one Phoenix to another : Hi

www.phoenixritu.com

ANWESA said...

another touching post!!!lots of congos to sumit da' n lotsa luv 2 my darling phoenix...