Thursday, May 21, 2009

Graduate... Almost!


Its OVER!! Finally my college life comes to an End!

What struck me while writing the last few lines of my paper was.. soon my exams will come to an end... what hadn't yet registered on my mind was that with the end of my exams.. my college life too came to an end.. not that i am very sentimental about leaving college and friends but still there was a sense of deja vu... and the worst part is i realized it once it was all over...

You it always happens.. in this rat race of life.. where almost every moment symbolizes a struggle to survive, where the fittest survives...we always focus on the goal, like.. the college we want to get in..or the job we want etc but we are surprised when one day reach the goal... maybe that is what has happened to me.. i have been focusing on getting out of college that i forget the moment has come and gone by.. but in a way its good because if i had put too much thought into it maybe i would have been distracted during my exams.. in times of extreme tension when i feel like giving up this particular poem called If  by Rudyard Kipling... gives me immense courage and strength to go on... the lines that i so love are ..

"If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!"



One of the highlights of today was.. that my last day at JU as a student and as well as my last day of college life was spent sitting side by side the one person i began my college life with in the same room it had all begun.. Shubhankar is such a moron i tell you.. he is this weird sort of a guy..despite being my good friend he never feels an urge to sit by me.. if i drag him [which i do most of the time] he does but if he is left to his own devices then he sits where ever or whoever catches his fancy..damn him! and you can imagine my surprise when he came over to me and filled in the vacant seat right next to me.. and gave me a look? as if to say.. "what??! i felt like sitting here don't make it a big deal now!" damn the moron!! and double damn him.. he is partially challenged in  hearing and dint get what i was asking him in the examination hall and when he got what i asked him.. he didn't have a clue... and the super moron gets all senti only after hours of coming back home... and when i was around or rather when i was willing to be around he was busy trying to get me home and get back to doing some work!! pond scum... but having said and done.. Shubhankar has been an absolute gift to me.. someone i always relied on and never got disappointed..whether it is ripping off his notes for me.. or literally dictating me my assignment.. or patiently repeating and re-repeating his explanations .. or being extremely patient with me when i give him the look "i don't know what the hell you are saying..???"..and now that college has come to an end.. I'm really going to miss him telling me everyday "you really are looking hot.." or "three years has gone by and we still havent done it.. lets do it" and id surprise him each time by saying "yea lets... but lets find a vacant room for doing or do you wanna do it here"... i don't know where we will be placed in life.. im sure he will have a bright future... he is bound too..morons have all the luck :)  but no matter what he will surely be the godfather to my kids!! 

The thoughts that are coursing through my mind at the moment is that of relief and a sense of timelessness reigns.. i cant belive that not only my exams, my college life has come to an end.. i feel all grown up as if i have scale mount Everest! God! when I was a little girl, i couldn't imagine studying beyond Class 12 but then when i was in Class 12 i couldn't think beyond graduation here i am at the threshold of Graduation and i desire to further my education.. with my student clearing her  class 10.. i feel its like yesterday i was where she is now but that was something that happened almost 5 years to this day! :O i wonder where did these days go?! Yes yes i am all overwhelmed with this sudden transition but then i love this feeling when despite knowing the truth the truth yet hasn't sunk in!! anyway this is it.. this post is a fitting end to my college life!

  ~The End~

P.S- To see the pictures of the last few days of my college life..check orkut...search me out with Phoenix. ... i will update my photoblog soon and the pictures will be up there too :)

P.P.S- Dont worry about my absense on all your blogs and the missing blog link.. its all taken care of. earlier i couldnt visit blogs as i had not put it up after i changed the template.. i will be back to reading your blogs in no time!! 

19 comments:

Pesto Sauce said...

Reminds me of the time I was approaching end of my final year

During second year thought college will go on forever...only later realised life has to be lived beyond college walls also

ANWESA said...

its d journey that we njoy, destination is an instantaneous point.
i was glad 2 kno d chemistry b/w u n subhankar.phunny!
n yes,time flies....
5 yrs pass quikly...beliv me..

Hopeless Romantic said...

all the best for the life ahead....the real challenge begins now !

all the best!

amit

Arnab Majumdar said...

The end of college, it's a very bittersweet moment... and although it's gonna be one more year before I face that, it still made me wonder what it's gonna be like...

Cheers, keep blogging...

Dhanya said...

All the best for your future, dear Raka! God bless...

:)

Sumit said...

n then one fine day you'd wake up n realise 10 years have gone by... time flies lady, time flies!! :D

Jinxed Pixie said...

Tell me.
When will my 10th standard get over?

And nice people you've got for friends. :)

Harshita said...

Awww... I miss my friend frm college rey after reading this... :)

U shud always cherish ur friendship with Shubankar always... aisey dost easily nahi miltey...

Aur fir, this is a new beginning in ur life... wish u all the best

Pallav said...

oh.. end of college...
i m missing my friends...

All the best

Pallav

ki said...

Bestoluck for every endeavour. :)

Arv said...

My Congrats in advance and I wish you the very best as always...

cheers...

Ria said...

Give ur best to whtever u do. And yes this post reminded me of my college days. :)

yamini meduri said...

girl..you reminded me of my last day in the college....i miss my college very badly..!!!

Happy life further Phoenix...!!!

Aw.S.M said...

HAHAHA...do u know y i m laughing??...scroll back a few entries to where i told u u d miss college..ok this aint exactly missing college material but still..u MISS it..hehe..

But yaar..u r toh def more mature than me. So when i tell u there r better things to come obv all u ll do is gimme a "i know" waala smile.
Anyways raka - there r better things to come and yes i plan on checkin out ur end of college pics.

PS : I was away from ur blog coz i asked u how tamil went and u didnt gimme a reply ;-)..hehe

tc sweets

luv
amith

Chronicwriter said...

i am out of orkut... hope to see the pix in the fotoblog...

all the very best for ur interview downsouth.. haave fun bargaining with the auto walas.:P
chriz

Meera said...

Ha...end of an era,we could call it! Congos!
Have a great life!

AD said...

ahh many many congrats baby! :D

now that you are thru, is life seeming true? ;)

Phoenix said...

oye amit i feel lazy to reply to comments these days... so didnt reply..tamil was way it should be.. i will pass that is what it matters :P

now see i replied to your comment and no1 elses..ab toh mera blog pado aur comment karo :) :P

NE~ISM said...

I am so happy for you Raka! This is awesome. I know you must be having the best feeling around.


CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

Ne