Saturday, May 23, 2009

Next stop Bengaluru:IIJNM has been Rakafied!!



This has to be one of the happiest day of my life. Everyone grows up learning to dream dreams, then as we grow up we realize that making dreams come true is not a mean feat, you face disappointment, hurdles in life; many are not fortunate enough to get their dreams to blossom but i must among the chosen few to see my dreams come true. Ever since i can remember, way back in Class 5, i wrote an essay on'My ambition in life' and my teacher really applauded me for writing a profession that not many knew:journalism. and since then the dream has lived on.. and today is the day when my childhood dream has become my reality

I have got through in IIJNM, Bangalore, in Television Journalism

This morning a parcel arrived, which is like a routine thing these days with so many colleges i had applied to, constantly brochures and admit card keeps pouring in, so i didn't make anything of it when i gently cut the envelope and took the brochure out, i thought it must be the admit card of this college for which i have an exam next week..but voila reading the letter i thought i was reading all wrong...but hey the letter was from IIJNM telling me i got through.. it was one 'Oscar winning moment for me.. i couldn't believe that i had actually gotten through... im still reading and re-reading the letter even now.. and it hasnt sunk in yet that i really have gotten through :)

Last Thursday i got a call from IIJNM stating that i have a telephonic interview the very next day.. my semesters were on and i was under immense pressure with semesters and then entrances.. the Alchemist here was Mayank who really calmed me down and made me go through a mock interview and really helped tons and tons to boost my confidence..the interview went at 11 and then at 3.20 i get a call from them to sit for an entrance test.. i was ready to collapse just when i thought i could relax and study for the next day..i had to write a test, that too out of the blue with no preparation somehow i managed to go to a cyber cafe.. and amidst yells and screams from some fellows who were playing FIFA.. and it was raining cats and dogs and i had a 15 min exams which squeezed every bit out of me...when the ordeal ended i just collapsed ... i don't know how i managed to study for the next day but i know i just did... really it was hectic and now... 7 days to the date... here i am ... all my worries about my future put to rest..and i am at peace...what with no re-applying in JU, many said i was taking a major risk that i may end up doing nothing..but i am glad the gamble paid off.. now maybe its time to change the 'about me' column on my blog.. :)

The people who were really instrumental in my success is first and foremost Harshita.. who never made me loose faith and belief in my abilities ..there was a time i was wondering if i would be able to apply in any of the colleges..but she had faith i would apply and get through...then Shubhankar without whom IIJNM would have been a lost dream...he guided me through all my admission procedures..reminding me of the formalities, telling me what to study and in turn encouraging me to delivering my best, not just that he ensured that that essay i had sent with my application was the best they could find..for that i will be forever grateful to him..Mayank who took time out of his busy schedule and mentored me... his contribution in a way paved way for my achievement today...he had faith on me and made me have faith on myself.. Thank you guys for being my pillar's of support .. for being there when i needed the most... 

the feelings running through my mind at the moment are happiness, relief and immense gratitude.. i am glad i could keep the honour of my words to all those to whom i had emphatically said that 'i would leave' and that ' i would someday show them that i had it in me to prove myself' thank you god for reaffirming to me that i am not ordinary that i can do anything i set my mind to. that i am cut out for a bigger role. thank you for thinking i deserve this opportunity. i am humbled and grateful. i wish now i can hold my head high up and live life on my terms.  be with me and trust me i will never let you down. i know to make my dreams come true i have two beautiful people, ma and baba who are doing their utmost for me, it is a huge risk, let me never ever to let them down, be with me as i set forth to do what i am chosen to do and do them proud. thank you god for thinking me worthy of this oppertunity...i am humbled and grateful to you...

P.S- So sorry for the long long post.. its just that i am happy and relieved...

32 comments:

Hopeless Romantic said...

congratulations...all the best for ur life ahead....have the good time...u deserve it all !

Diya said...

Thats GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Rakadi...! Wow, congrats, all the Best for your wonderful future. I am so happy to hear this! Hoping 2 get a treat soon ;) :P
Congrats once again! :)

Chronicwriter said...

and so chennai is cancelled.. television journo.. way to go raka...


www.chronicwriter.com

Aw.S.M said...

Congratss raka.....proud of u yaar....u took a risk and boy did it pay off but psstt..i ll let u in on a small secret..we always knew u d make it through :)...now rock IIJNM and do us and ur parents proud. ;-)

luv
amith

Netika Lumb said...

Hey..congratulations.. sO your hard work and OUR wishes have paid off.. :)

All the best for your endeavors :)

Piyush said...

a television jurno.. congratulations..
hope u succeed in your other dreams too..

Arv said...

Congrats mate... all the best with your further studies :)

take care... cheers...

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

congratulations raka,

wish u all the very beat in ur life. :)

Priya Joyce said...

congrattz....dear.....

a dream of urs has come true..

the dream so old...

It must be very very happy moment....

and i get a lot of inspiration from you....
reely
:)

congrattz..agn....
hope u reach heights..hand in hands with ur dream :)

Meera said...

Congratulations!

ANWESA said...

it was gr8 to read this.dint i say u ur work ll b rewarded(or even awarded).lotsa luv...drink d wine of this grand success....cheers!!!!!

Jinxed Pixie said...

Coonnngggrrraaaattttttuuuulaaaaattttttiiiiiioooooonnnnnnssssssss!!!!

That is some great great news!!!!

TREAT!!!!!

AD said...

no sorry!
congratulations girlie :D

it is great to read this!

and also i wish you all the success you require hunz! mwahhhhhhhhhhh!

Shrutilaya said...

CONGRATUULAATIIOONNSS!!!! :D

Cяystal said...

I would have loved to help you..if I could..but I'm just in 9th, and m dim about all this, but I surely understand your success,dear..CONGRATULATIONS!.and kudos to your effort.. :)

Mayz said...

i want a party...i want a party :D :D

congos girlie!!!!

btw thr is smthn for ya on my blog :)

Ki said...

Congratulations!!! :D

vanilla sky said...

CONGRATS!!!

Dhanya said...

CONGRATULATIONS! AND CELEBRATIONS! (?) :D :D

Really happy for you... may all your future dreams come true too... Keep rocking, raka! :)

pisku said...

Wow! Congratulations!
and ya, there is a lot to explore in bangalore too :)

DPhatsez said...

congratz! \m/

Media bytes pls? :)

NE~ISM said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you. I wish you all the success that your mind body and soul can handle!

Again, Congrats!

Ne

Harshita said...

Its all your hard work and determination that has paid off... :)

Keep dreaming and realizing your dreams...

I am so proud of you. Love.

Ria said...

congrats sweetie!!u deserve the best. :)

Arnab Majumdar said...

Congrats!!! :D

shreya said...

Hi..just went through your blog...since you have already given the entrance for iijnm..you would be the best person to ask to what the online test and interview is like..and what kind of questions do they ask? I have it tomorrow i.e 26th of May..I m really hoping that you would visit your blog today and let me know something..Since like you even m pursuing a dream to become a journalist..and have borne it in my heart for long..!!!

shreya said...

forgot to mention my email id it is shreya.chry@gmail.com..if you could reply to me on this it would really be of great help!!! Thsnks so much..Shreya

joiedevivre said...

ab toh mauja hi mauja

Brenton said...

congrats... whoever you are... i passed out from IIJNM last year, and from the looks of things (this blog-post) you'll enjoy it... i certainly did... do me a favor and keep this blog post, and read it again on your convocation day and see if you wanna make any changes ... all the best for the coming year!

Patanjali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sethu said...

Hey..me too joining IIJNM in print and new media category..

Any way congrats!

See you there

Karishma Ravindran said...

Hello Majumdar,
this is Karishma here, i just happened to read your blog while searching on IIJNM and found your email id there..i am appearing for IIJNM this year. You being an alumni of the college, i would like to know more about the college, also regarding the entrance exam, the questions they ask in the exam, objective or subjective...If you could just guide me through.




Regards,
Karishma