Thursday, June 04, 2009

I hate to say this but i think i just suffered a major writers block. i can give tons of excuses like, i am really pressed up with time [i really have] or that i am too busy to think of a post [ i have been busy before but i have always posted] or for the fact i feel a lot fatigued and drained these days; but to me too it sounds lame. even Anwesa's life saving act [read:the interview] couldn't pull me out and make me write. its all a little too complicated on my end and i can barely breathe..

2ND of June was samik's birthday and incidentally our 4 year anniversary too. i had a beautiful morning, i was yanked from my sleeping stupor to received "the thing" that had come for me. nothing making sense, my eyes hardly open, i managed to scribble my name as i slumped on the sofa only to be bombarded by a series of questions as to who sent me a huge bouquet of pink roses and orchids. Dad even went on to say how my secret admirer was thoughtful as he ushered my birthday 3 month in advance, if this wasn't enough mom let the cat out of the bag saying how come on Samik's birthday i get flowers sent by him?!! :P no really it was hilarious and very embarrassing.. but nonetheless a thoughtful gesture which i absolutely appreciated... the whole event was a dream come true and the flowers were totally out of the world! :)

Since i have just about a month and half okay 41 days to be precise, to leave now the whole house is swinging into action.. meri ma sach mein meri maa nikli...she brought out this huge list [read that went on to be about 4 pages] of the things i need to buy and the stuff i need to take. in fact right now i bailed out sometime for myself to blog, because i was feeling so bad for neglecting my bloggie for so long.. and really i meant what i had said i am going to blog even in Bangalore and there is no two ways about it... 

i have been talking to this new friend of mine her name is Vaidehi, she got through my college [okay calling JU my college for so many years, and now referring to IIJNM as college is so weird i tell you... :) ] and we both have decided to be roomies. thankfully to the delight of both of us, we have discovered similar tastes and likings, we are a lot alike in the kind of person we are... and it looks like i am going to have a good time there.. she seems nice and affectionate and i am really having a good time getting to know her.. hopefully someday i will get to splash pictures of her on my blog once we become good friends. she is now one of the reasons why i am looking forward to my new college.

its the beginning to an end... and everything seems to be taking me a step closer to leaving home, it is a scary feeling but then i am a lot excited too, though i fear tears and heart burn wont be far off but i am so eager to test the waters myself. i have managed to pack all my graduation books and xeroxes into two massive boxes and another box contains all my memories of slam book, scribbled tees,movie tickets etc, these were the toughest to pack. i was almost in tears thinking of packing all this away to clear my room to make space. some day i have to leave my Brad Pitt [my pc] too and then he will be possessed by Roshni or mom, the only consolation will be that my emails and chats will be view through Brad..sigh!! god I'm getting all weepy and senti here :)

god can u believe it i get almost everything new! from hair clips to undies.. from books and copies to equipments.. god! i feel so important and like a Queen. imagine the shopping expeditions, the phase1 starts today!! :) accha that reminds me i am getting a new phone and an ipod too... now i need help..im looking at nokia 5130 Xpress music [click the link] and i was wondering if at all i should do for Ipod or ditch it for an Mp4 player..see the logic is.. for ipod u need to download itunes, i wonder if i will be able to do that in college computers, moreover with the same amount i get a 2GB MP4 player.. since i am not big gadget expert if you guys have any idea...kindly shed some light :) funny how talks of shopping always perks you up na?? :) 


btw in case you are interested i wrote Yams a guest post... if you wish you can view it here.

I'm so in vogue these days i tell you that people invite me to their blogs to write posts.. first it was yams and then it was Mayank and the list just goes on and on. jokes apart! :) i am really honoured to write all the words but this zalim writers block..at times like this all i can say is Thank you God for gifting me Anwesa.. [you know what i mean now don't you my bind?! :P]

Phew!! this really is a long long post!! god u guys must be bored to death.. so sorry haan bura mat mana..bas aisai suddenly you know under ki bhadas nikal hi ayaa... :)

chalo i am off for now... next time will try to come back with a better post..till then you guys smile and take care... mwuaaaaaaaaaah!! :)

P.S- if you find any hot guys send him this way please! :)

25 comments:

яノςんム said...

hehe..

samik's beinng thoughtful is making me wonder.. make hay while the sun shines.. "D

go 4 mp4 player then.. and dun worry... u'll get used to ur new surroundings and they ll love u.. :)
i hope v dun get the chance to say miss u.. be around na.. :)

love!!

яノςんム said...

yay!! first!!

Ki said...

Wah! Ab hot guy kyun? Jab Samik is choooo chweet. :)

Nokia 5130 is good btw, my bro has it!

And all the best for all the preparation! EEEEEEEE :D

comfortably numb said...

nice read:)
belated bday greetings to Samik:)
kya Ipod kya Mp4 player...apne ko gaana sunne se matlab hai, kyun?
tc:)

Harshita said...

Isey write's block kehtey hain?? Ah! please... I dont believe u... itni raam kahaani likh daali n u say writer's block hain...hehehe

Go for an ipod... I find it anytime better and Itunes is one-time download... u can download it at ur home PC, connect ur IPOD and it will sync.

I am anytime a NOKIA fan... so I wud say for it, if it gives u all the specs u r looking for.

Take Care and all the best with the packing n shopping...

Ria said...

wow!!gr8 way to bring in ur anniversary. btw wht r Samik's thoughts on ur moving out for Kol??
Ok i knw u cant write tht here, but u can always mail me gurl. :)

Will wait for ur mail, and i know there's a flux of emotions tht u r goin thru. But i m sure the outcome will be good!! U will bcome a more independent person.

Anyways, for the reasons tht u hav mentioned i wud suggest u go for the mp3 player. That makes more sense to me.

Rahul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Priya Joyce said...

Awww 4 yrs of a relationship does mean something...
well
U're on a shopping spree these days...getting each and every little thing new hah??

;)

well lucky gal ;)

enjoy the tym wth ur ma pa..till u r at ur place :)

Arnab Majumdar said...

Think of it as the beginning of a new beginning. You're gonna have a great time in hostel, trust me... especially since you'll be living with a person who shares your interests too.

Have a great time there, and keep blogging - even from B'lore. Cheers...

Aditi..............:) said...

Hey Congo to both of you!!! Also all the best for the new life you will start in Bangalore!! :)

Keep writing though!! :)

Arv said...

the flowers was a kewl act :)

wish you the very best for your stay in Bangy and have a great time :)

take care mate... cheers...

yamini meduri said...

Samik is so sweet one tohave...Raka you are lucky dear..!!

I tell you shopping is really getting tougher yaar...as these are the last days...i find some thing or the other missing all the time...i am getting messed up with the things that i need to take...!!!

nad link to your post in ma blog??? wow...so many more visitors to ma blog..hopefully thanks yaar..!!!

have a nice time at home...once you leave you are gonna miss alot..!!!

MultiMenon said...

Those flowers were from Sam?? :o :o :o :o :o desperation!!! ;)

Btw,u've started packing up soo early??I never resort to it till amma gives me deadlines the very last day.. :D

Take care

Nikhil

Rahul said...

Man, this is an awesome post...straight from the heart..Just keep moving forward, and enjoy more than ever before man...

Am adding u in my blog list for further reading ur articles!! You can add me in ur blog list too read mine if u want...

Chriz said...

new friend in new college
secret admirer
gifts galore
samik's birthday
understand parents

you are having a great time girl

deepika said...

Hi... Me too joining IIJNM this year.. :D

Nice blog..

cheers!!

Tara said...

Good luck girlie! :) I am sure IIJNM is waiting to be Rakafied too! :D You'll finally get that space you so yearned for and isn't that great! :) I pray to God that he stays with you always. :) And belated birthday wishes to Samik and happy anniversary too! :)

ANWESA said...

1st of all,sorry 4 being so so late.it was some responsible behaviour at home dat took me away 4m here.no no no...i'm not marrying a father of 2 teenage kids..at least not now..(its 1 of my new pjs :))belated happy b'de 2 sam!hope u n sita(i just re-named ur frnd) hav a gud tym n hope dat ur respective rams' live upto der names.i wish u luk 4 ur shoppin spree.feelin real awww 4 brad pitt.
i think u shud go 4 a nokia 5130,its cool.ipod or mp4?i guess ipods r better..hmm..thanx dear!!!its gr8 2 read abt myself on ur blog :)

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

Wow...thats a very infromative post of updates in your life...

First of all my wishes to samik...and happy anniversary to you both for your relationship and hope it stays long and long and long.

Nayi jagah..sab naya mile to baat hi kuch aur hoti hai...

hope ur new roomie is good to be with...

As for the guest post is concerned, I cant really ask you for it, can i? :P

jus kidding..

Its a long journey for you to know me by the way... :D

Cheers..

Cяystal said...

Hot guys kyu chahiye? Samik bhai cuteness ki dukaan hai toh! ..lol..kiddin'
4 yr anniversary? that calls for celebration..ayyyee..some cake pleease!!

Mayz said...

u confuse me

Pesto Sauce said...

Must be very excited entering that very exciting part of life called college. Enjoy life, freedom & your new city

Matangi Mawley said...

gr8 read!! :)

rabbit said...

that was so sweet...

are koi hai mere b'day pe mereko chocolates bhej diya karo ;D

hehe

tc n hugs sis

JoHn @ blogger's paradise ... said...

you've been tagged...