Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wake UP!!

Of late i am meeting all weird people who are just frustrated in life and it really unnerves me to see such people around, who are pessimistic and totally selfish about their woes and plights.
such people are not only make their lives a whole lot difficult but they channelize their negativity to others life too... Wake up people! there is more to life than wallowing in your pain and anguish.

this man complains, that he has stayed away from home, he missed home and the pujas etc. what he fails to acknowledge that at a time of recession he has a job, however less paying it may be, he supports himself and doesn't have to beg to his parents for money. instead of valuing what he has in his present he is running after what he has missed out. men are never happy with their lives.

this person tells me, "god you are leaving in July, your birthday is in September and so is the pujas..so far away from home wont you just perish just thinking how far away from home and loved ones you are?" I wanted to say "Hello uncle you don't really think i will think like you na?!" yea i will feel lost and cut off, the celebrations will be on in my hometown and id be there in a land where i wont even get to hear the drums or see the goddess let alone offer pujas, but hey i get to study my dream subject and i get to be what i want at the end of it right? then what is the hassle?

why are people never happy about life? why cant they just look for happiness in a given situation. why do we tend to look at the bad and never appreciate what is good? have we become cynics or misanthropes?

20 comments:

vanilla sky said...

Yeah, such people are real pain :(
Btw, Bangalore has some really nice Pujas . I tell you becoz I've been there during the Pujas once.
So don't you worry about that :)

comfortably numb said...

for such ppl, glass mein kuch hai hi nahin, let alone it being half empty!!!
Ignore them blatantly:)

The Rat... said...

Oi.. dont u know, they are plain jealous of things they dont have... and that uncel of urs is very jealosu coz he didnt get to do wat he really wanted to... rite??

irritate him back... a medicine of his own medicine ll put him on his track dear :-)

muthu said...

Nobody is born a cynic. Life just makes them into 1.

But then U may ask Why does life is choosy in making cynics. Not all people complain. Do they?

The plain truth is we choose what life does to us. thats it.

the plain truth.

freelancer said...

lol....nice topic....
but can't help it...ppl like that are everywhere....left, right and center

Leo said...

i second freelancer... we can't help it Phoe! :)

Pallav said...

Some Awards for you
Must check...

Pallav

WarmSunshine said...

You're right Raka. I agree. I confess I can be like that at times, but yea, I do realize pretty soon how precious life is and how every smile counts.

Long time girl, sorry for my absence. How have you been? :)

ANWESA said...

we must stay away 4m such ppl...pessimism is infectious...
cynics r not born,they are made.

Harshita said...

Human Beings are conditioned to reflect more on negative and less on positive... there are very less number of ppl who see the positive.

Stay away frm negatives... ;) and staying away frm home is not a big deal... we've all done that... so dont worry

PULKIT said...

where there is optimism , there is pessimism too! and I respect both! those who are happy, I would like to smile with them in their happiness and those who remain sad, I want to absorb a fraction of their pain in me too!

Phoenix said...

@pulkit ji
tum toh great ho....

@harshi mam

i totally second you... see when i am with you.. i feel the world is my oyester bcz u r such an optimist...infact i remember this person telling me and trust me its the only good thing he had told me.. :D
"cling to this girl [harshi] and never let her go..her positivism is infectious and will help you lead a better life"

i heeded to that advice and here i am better off than before :) mwuaah!

Phoenix said...

@anwesa

yes they are very much made or so i feel :)

Priya Joyce said...

donno wat to abt this..coz rite now am in kindaa same situation..

nd i juss hate thes ppl such ppl..

desires never end..and so ppl who thnk if they get something..tey'd be happy they r rong as wen they get tat they make new needs new probs..
:(

tc

Pranav Kumar V said...

In one word, you need to look for - serendipity!!

Beat this... I have the worst sem in years, I screw up my internals, then the mains, then end-up with pretty unfamiliar scores wrt my past records/expectations (not that all this happened this time, but it DID happen sometime back...) but I'm always bindaas dude!! Big deal!! There's always a next time and I'm always busy doing something BIGGER and BETTER!! ;)

I'd love to meet losers who crib about any and everything in life... They just can't go with their sad tales in my presence... Tried and tested!! :D

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands... if you're not, you can still be happy and slap the guy next to you!! slap slap slap!! ;)

See you when I see you... :)

P.S. Just BEAT IT!!

Aditi..............:) said...

Yeah such people are nothing but depressing ....they affect everyone around them as well....stay away from them....!! :)

Jinxed Pixie said...

exactly my thoughts...

p.s. : i always thought i was the one surrounded with 'em..seems i am not alone... ;)

Arv said...

everyone goes through the cycle... all one must try to do is smile all the through the journey :)

take care da... cheers...

AD said...

why are people never happy about life? why cant they just look for happiness in a given situation.

i try...
every single day.
i try to whine less and do more but then... the journey prolongs!

Kartz said...

C'est la vie. :) You meet "namoona"-type ppl everywhere.

And tbh, when I meet such ppl, I can't help but feel a sense of pride coming over me. :P :)

Ah well, more importantly, ppl fail to realize why we call today *present*. Cynicism is one thing, but life does give ways to be happy. It is all about noticing...

Peace. Be well.