Monday, July 06, 2009

Time to be gay and merry.... its a breather!

I felt so GAY reading the 2ND of July Delhi High Court ruling that says consensual same sex is not a crime and this is nothing short of history.

i am heterosexual in nature and like me many are and may revel in the fact flaunting of being 'natural' and the accepted i society. but no one said that because we are born heterosexuals, other alternate sexuality is taboo are banned. i know my post will invite wrath from most homophobic males and females alike, i speak up because it is important for me to. one of my bestest buddies is from alternate sexuality and that doesn't make him any less of a friend in fact he has been a great academician, a brilliant movie maker, a store house of creativity and the only friend who has lasted from beginning to end with me. being so called "straight" it was hard on me to understand fully what exactly it meant but i learnt to understand that it is not a matter of 'choice' but it is 'natural' like it is for us.

Delhi HC rule comes late but at least it comes as a respite to all those who were weighed down under the burden of being outcast living in fear of being tagged "criminal". i don't know if there will be more and more people now coming out of the closet but i sure hope now even the minority will have a place where they belong. if you are one of those who believe that Gays and Lesbians and Transsexuals are are aliens from another planet who contaminate our normal life.. then please go get a life and find a valuable way to rot on planet earth.

18 comments:

IcE MaiDeN said...

two thumbs up!!! :) :)
way to go indian govn!!! FINALLY we see some light... :) :)

I hav 2 of my closest friends who are homosexuals and they are in a relationship, and I am with them forever. Because they are truly amazing people, and EVRYONE has a right to be what they want to be. :)

:) :)
\m/
Annie. :)
P.S: For all those who think its a shame for ppl to be homosexuals, yes plz get a life!!! and jus think for a moment if u wud like it if someone stopped u from being what u wanted to be?

Princess Caspian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Princess Caspian said...

I totally for gay libralization!
I so with you!

PULKIT said...

What orientation to have sexually is one's personal choice and no one has nothing to do with it!
its high time people take these issues properly...as far as high court is concerned... I have a buig faith in system and their judgements are always a guiding light at many a times!
else politicians bureaucracy and police system sucks big time!

gay or lesbian or straight... RESPECT FOR ALL - thats my funda! and its always been clear , right from teenage!

Hopeless Romantic said...

it is surely a great way ahead...a nice initiative...but i still want to see how it is implemented...there have been many times where a rule comes and then comes 100 ways to combat it...so we need to wait n watch before we actually celebrate it...though it happens always backdoor!

Cheers!
Amit

MultiMenon said...

Good one..everyone breathes a sigh of relief with the verdict and even my friends are happy too.. There needed a big change in the judicial system and this is a major step towards it.. :)

Take care gal.. :)

Nikhil

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

Hmmmm..seeing something like this from a gal is impressive...

Glad you took an initiative.. :-)

ANWESA said...

the verdict is definitely a breather.makes our soceity a tolerant one. ppl's sexuality is a strict private affair n law has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Ria said...

lovely post gurl!!u truly represent the generation next. even though i am a heterosexual, i cud never understand wht the whole hue and cry abt legalising gay sex!!i mean whats the problem, arent they humans!?

Finally, the right decision has come across.

AD said...

my God that was enthraling :)
like really !!!

i m so glad you posted it and i could pat myself for havin come here ..
oh no wait.. you took the initiative :D
mwah

Pesto Sauce said...

You know gays are the most creative guys

I am myself bi-curious and can relate to what it actually is

Amrita~Ams said...

yo...to govt...lyked it :)...
tu toh hai he gr8..baccha...
:)

Aw.S.M said...

yaar i seriously need to start reading he paper. I didnt know any of this happened!! But that doesnt make it any less of a major event.

Its about time the decision was taken. Just because our sexual preferences are different doesnt mean one is better than the other...so GOOD JOB GOVT

luv
amith

NE~ISM said...

I guess me being here in the US I would say I am used to it and I have some of the best friends that are Homosexuals and I love them to death. I myself would and could not disrespect them because I have not been disrespected.

Raka, you bringing this up is awesome and hope it is an eye opening to every one that has a problem with it! I always say To each is own!!

Awesome.

Hannah

AJai said...

As long as people keep to the letter of the law in public and maintain decency and respect other people's freedoms they should be allowed to continue as they are. The law is interfering with my privacy if it demands to know what's happening in my bedroom and what sex i prefer. It's a great judgment.I think it's high time that Indians realized that homosexuality is not a crime and should allow gays/lesbians to carry on with their lives and contribute to society.

Priya Joyce said...

am sory but i hav a difference of opinion...i'll write it in a post..may be today..do chk it..n give me ur opinion..
:)

Chriz said...

hurrah.. finally female particpants can participate in rakhi's swayamvar

freelancer said...

lol