Sunday, August 09, 2009

My funny moment

I think i have nagged and bored you guys to death with all my sordid tales and homesickness... and for once i need a breather... so here is a funny anecdote i was wanting to write for long but never managed to do it... :)


Somehow i always thought i was this prim and proper girl... and i always do my utmost to appear as impeccable as possible and what in turn happens is whenever i want something not to happen it does..

i was not in best of my mood while coming to Bangalore in a train...moreover there were guys my age... who were wondering the cause of the tearful farewell i got when i left...and not just that they were trying to draw my attention by playing loud music .. chatting or making a racket... there i was either on my berth or on the top side bunk trying to read or listen to music alternatively... when the last day dawned... when we were supposed to disembark... i was carefully climbing the runks of the iron ladder of the bunk and on the last step i just leapt on the ground... the last thing i wanted was for the guys, who were noting my every step, to stare shamelessly at my exposed midriff. but hell that's what happened...as i jumped off the last rung my tee got caught on the top rung and as i got off the ground a part of my tee was still caught at the ladder and i was there for them to oogle at...damn! i dont know how i did it..but somehow i managed to yank off my tee and bury myself in the newspaper refusing to even look at the blokes... there was a hushed silence from their coup too and hell it was embarrassing..

when i saw these guys take a prepaid cab and leave... i heaved a sigh of relief, praying that, that was the last time i met them in life...this really really was one of those moments you wish never ever came back again..god i wish that was the last time i saw the whole bunh!!sheesh! :P

tell me a funny moment in your life? something that embarrassed you but when you looked back you had a hearty laugh?

17 comments:

Yellow Tulip said...

hey i had a few such incidents as well...funny i always end up "y always me!!"...hmmm :)i would pass the sharing the incident part though:)...he he... glad to see u smile...keep posting:)

Aki said...

dear beautiful lady, wow that was some embarrassing moment, let me tell u one of my own.

IMT gzb's hostels are such that girls have complete freedom to roam around in boys lobby. so it happened that after a tiring gym session, I came back to my room all sweaty and wanting a bath.took off my clothes and made my way to the bathrooms. Now I left the room with only my room partner reading some book. taking full 15-20 mins of glorious cold water, i came back and without much wait enterd room went directly in cover of my almira took off my towel( with only my underpants on) and started wiping my hair.

what I hadn't realized by then was that my room now had 3 more lives other then my room partner - girls trying to muffle their giggles.

I swear I would have melted right then and there, but as my luck would have it this news went on to become the headlines for class - Aki the male stripper.

and no matter how much I wish each and every time I meet those ladies even after 8 mnths the incident i still go red.

Americanising Desi said...

i somehow tried to race my friend back to class in olevels and guess what i forgot there was a big plkant right outside the room and booooooooooommmm!!!! my brakes failed and crashed right into it!

we shared the corridor with the boys so i didnt take too long to get back up and walked staright into class.

the girls saw it, really made fun of me and later we found out that my leg was badly injured and i never paid heed until the teacher noticed it!

ANWESA said...

hmm..dat was embarassing..yes..
lemme recall all such flimsy moments of my life n i'll tell u again...

Hopeless Romantic said...

It would have been funny if one of those guys was your classmate,oops.....fictional cells working big time :D

Vinz aka Vinu said...

:)

Lena said...

man, that was embarassing! but its ok, i guess, when you look at such moments later they really make you smile :)
Good you wont see them again.
I hope you wont :P

Arv said...

such accidents happen... wish those guys were more sensitive to your situation :(
Anyway, am glad it ended there...
take care mate...

cheers...

Ki said...

hahahaha :D

very cutely put!!!

I may do a post about mine, still have to figure out what exactly it is :P

Ria said...

ha ha that ws cute. Finally we get to read something nice and cute. :P Pardon me gurl, i m really tired today so cant really work on my grey cells as of now.

joie de vivre said...

hehe
babessss..aisa woh ladko ne kaha hoga shayad.. :P

comfortably numb said...

that's what I call a "wooosh" moment:P
wen u want nothing else but to be able to apparate:D

अर्शिया अली said...

Nice Blog. Congrats.
{ Treasurer-T & S }

Pesto Sauce said...

I had gone to a Gurudas Mann concert with my friend and asked the person occupying our seats to shoo away

Later realised he was my friend's father!!!!

Jinxed Pixie said...

i think mine are too embarrasing to be retold... :P

Destiny's child... said...

Sheesh...that was just too embarassing!
Since you asked for it, let me tell you about one of my embarrassing incidents. At school we used to have an interschool cricket tournament and we girls used to cheer the guys. I was one of those loud voiced ones who was calling out jingles, slogans, n plenty other nonsense. We were doing the 'How was it?' (and the crowd calling out 'fantastic' thing) when suddenly, my creativity prompted me to try somethign different.
At the top of my voice I yelled 'Engane undaayirunnu (malayalam for 'how was it') and the whole gallery went quite. For a moment all of them stared at me and then all of them brust out laughing...how I wished the earth would swallow me...:D

Btw, nice to meet my namesake on blogosphere! ;)

Akshat said...

Hey DI!!

That must have been embarrassing.....it is just one of those moments you wish you were invisible!!


Mine....umm.... can't recall the most embarrassing ones but the most recent one was when I bought a cup of ice tea in my school canteen today and the moment I turned around....crashed into a photographer (our school is on a photo spree for the school magazine...)and spilled it all over him....He should have known better than stand behind me and take photos without my consent!!!..But his camera was still working...phew!!

:D

Take Care...Have fun!!