Saturday, October 10, 2009

Flying on a jet plane

I know most of you will find this really silly and childish but then since it was my first ever airplane ride it was really special to me and that's what this post is about.

as a child i would keep staring at all those airplanes or helicopters that would fly in the sky above, and i would squint till it disappeared amidst clouds. this habit or fascination stayed with me until recently. so you can imagine what i must have felt like when i finally got the tickets to fly home for the pujas. and to add to that i was going home, life seemed blissful. without having any prior knowledge about flight experience i faltered quite a few times but thankfully i didn't really goof up.

the best part of the whole 2 way flight experience was the view. while flying home i had taken the evening flight so i actually saw the cities i passed twinkling. highways seemed like river of lights snaking its way through mountains and hillocks. this may be quite a common sight for regular flyer's but for me it was a scene id die for.. it was something i had never seen before. and while i was flying on my way back it was another experience because i saw the sunrise as my flight took off and then the whole world glistening under the morning sun... white clouds floated around.. the land below looked like what an overview of Fb would look like... it was amazing... despite being tired and utterly stressed on both times i didn't sleep a wink.. i was glued to the window taking in the sight ... it was one beautiful experience...

P.S- do pardon my childlike excitement... but i really thought it is important to to share one of the most beautiful experiences of my life...

15 comments:

Leo said...

its always nice to be excited re.. nothing wrong in it! even i felt the same way on my first(and only) plane ride!! :)

ANWESA said...

I loved your experience dear!! You actually made me nostalgic...I love watching those clouds below...
Love ya...

Pooja Mahimkar said...

hey thats exactly how i felt when i took my first flight! its really an amazing experience. and when the plane goes through the clouds i felt heaven!

i liked you post. beautifully written. :D

Luscious Sealed Lips said...

The world starts looking so beautiful that I have a similar excitement every time. ;)

Kisses.

VickY said...

you are so lucky i have never been in plane ever... i guess i would be as excited as you.

how are you raka???

tc n hugs

[V]

MultiMenon said...

Hugggggggggzzzzzzzzzz

That sums up things I guess.. :)

Love,
Nikhil

Pranav Kumar V said...

see!! that's why I say its good to go THROUGH the clouds once in a while!! :P Highway in the sky... yay!! :)

See you when I see you... :D

AJai said...

That really was beautiful. Thanks for sharing that. Made me smile. :)

Amrita~Ams said...

hehe...
:):):)..

Yellow Tulip said...

wow...i haven't yet had done this yet:(...mmm but sounds exciting:)

Ria said...

wow that must have been hell lot of fun!!and btw there's nothing wrong in being excited. :)

Sumit said...

now dats a view i look forward to everytime i fly

sulagna chatterjee said...

aww thats soo nice :)
you write beautifully..

Matangi Mawley said...

:) tht was a nice experience.. both 4 u.. n my read on this post!!

Phoenix said...

@everyone
thanks all for the beautiful comments.. im just happy to know that i am not thought of as mad or silly!! :)