Monday, January 18, 2010

6 months in Namma Bengaluroo..

I came to Bangalore on the 18Th of July 2009 and its been 6 months since...6 months in an unknown city .. okay now somewhat known.. its nothing short of a wonder really... there i was 6 months back shuddering to even think of a life apart from life in Kolkata..the very thought of moving out sent chills down my spine..and now I'm settled in, and 'this' seems like life now. god! its something i cant even begin to comprehend.. so how was it?

i dint want to sulk..saying naah! Bangalore doesn't seem like home.. of course it isn't... i know it took me time to understand this.. i have now come to accept it instead of warring with it.. so now it seems nice.. i have hardly seen Bangalore despite residing in this place for like 6 months... but hey the best part of being here studying Journalism is.. i get to go to places [very reluctantly] but hell it makes me not only know the places but there are places i know by heart. i confess i really have to memorize the streets in case i got lost. :) but the best part of this lease of life is, i roam about anonymously. when tears pour down my cheeks there is no one here to question it... if i smile it goes unnoticed.. i blend in with the crowd... i feel lost but even loneliness feels great. it gives me space to just "be"... my realities are back home.. to escape them Bangalore is a perfect hideout.. i lost much ever since im here..but the scenic beauty, the calmness that surrounds this place called Kumbulgudu [that's where i stay in Bangalore.. okay not Bangalore..off Mysore highway] really heals me... i lay there on the terrace staring at the clear sky without a sense of time.. its sort of therapeutic.. i have learnt to live on my own.. to bring my home, my world to where i am... longing is there.. but i have made peace with life.. i have decided to make the most of the next 4 months and I'm even open to maybe adopt Bangalore as my future home.. :)

life is constantly changing, so is the world around us.. maybe it is time i do too... :)

7 comments:

Vaisakh P S said...

Yeah.
I have been here in Bangalore for more than 3 year now.. Right now its home away from home..
But as of now, i am not considering the possibility of me settling down here :P

ANWESA said...

live your life the way you want to...


lotsa love :)

MultiMenon said...

Aint that thrilling.To be going to a totally unknown place and living life from scratch?? I would do that more and more I guess.. And eventually,U shall start liking the place if you are open to a CHANGE.. :)

Love,
Nikhil

Dhanya said...

When you get used to change, you will start liking it somehow. :)

Ria said...

the only thing thats inevitable is change....and i also 2nd what Dhanya has said above.

Yellow Tulip said...

all the best..

Pranav Kumar V said...

WOWIE!! I know!! Just the thought of Bangalore pumps in a fresh dose of ATPs in my system!! I've always been close to B'lore as a kid till now, and must say, I love the city for more than one reason... the relatively cooler climate, relatively-greener parts (thanks to Namma Metro, they're mowing down some really old trees :-@), the folk of B'lore... happy, you can easily communicate, seek directions, etc...

Settling down in B'lore... oh yeah!! What better place I say!! :D

As I've already shown my excitement at the thought of settling down in B'lore, guess my point is more than made... :P

later gater, see you when I see you... :D

P.S. happy B'lore-ing!! :)