Sunday, February 07, 2010

Learning to say No

How many times has it happened to you, when someone came up to you and asked you something that would totally inconvenience you and you could not help but agree. why? all because you cant say "no"

Well if you think you are the only one here's someone to keep you company. meet "me" yea you read it right. I'm the maha example of this. i just cant seem to make myself say "sorry but i really cant" "no not now maybe later?" "can you please ask someone else?" well this trait of mine has led me to many a situation where i had to do something i really dint want to. imagine few days back this girl came up to me and told me know what i have mehendi on my palms i cant really wash my hair will you just shampoo it for me. for once i did wonder why she didn't ask her room-mates instead of approaching me... but before i could say no i simply shrugged and i spent rest of the morning washing her hair *making a face* (there is a hair controversy with her .. )

Then again one day this girl's roomie comes up to me when i was watching a movie.. "hey can you please help me wax my arms i cant do it on my own" and i was like "hmm sure i will.. " and she was... okay come over now then.. and i was like WTF! but i did go along with her...leaving my movie unfinished.. these two incidents really shook me... i mean what kind of a dufus was i?!.. and then i went on damage control...

From then on whoever asked me for some help i made it a point to say 'no', no matter what. so when this girl P asked me if she could use the Mac i was using to copy footage while i was editing.. i just said no... when M asked me if she could borrow my hard drive i definitely told her no.. but saying no did land me in some sort of a fix because when my professor asked me to fetch a book for her from the library i blatantly told her "no" !! but of course i managed to rectify my stand before she got pissed...

so the moral of the story is... Learn to say no but first see who the person is in front of you..unless you want to be kicked where it hurts the most! :)

14 comments:

MultiMenon said...

Ooohhhh..thats really nice you learn to say it now.. :) BTW,u end up doing funny things wid the gals eh?? :P

Love,
Nikhil

Rahil said...

Its been like ages i am cuming back to your blog, nice theme :)

And yeah learning to say No isnt that simple, its get quite messy if you need the other person !! I tried writing some philosophies on it..

http://delusion-waves.blogspot.com/2009/07/learn-to-say-no.html

And btw hope aal is well in life.
Take care

The Double Inverted Commas said...

Learning to say no. Aha! Good one

ANWESA said...

:P

Its gud to learn to say "no".

Chocolate Lover said...

'am still Learning to say "no"
*sigh

Imaweiner said...

haha. naice post :)
you remiind me of jane from 27 dresses :P

ps- it's pixie :)

Ria said...

yeah..i know i used to hav this problem some 5-6 yrs ago!!now i dont, i know how to say a no, and trust me its very important.

Harshita said...

It is indeed difficult to say NO.. May be it's a woman thing...

muthu said...

Yeah... telling no ,

indeed is a very hard thing but...

I think that when we let people know that doing certain things might inconvenience us...

then most would settle for something that s in the middle ... something that would benefit both the parties...

& yeah achieving that mid point is not always easy.. :) dont yuo think so,...

Americanising Desi said...

i m still a dumb duck when it comes to sayin NO!

Message-s

Pesto Sauce said...

Visiting after long.....you seem to be enjoying life

Hemanth Potluri said...

i to am trying sometimes :)..

urs..hemu..

Luscious Sealed Lips said...

I know and enact my Nos ALWAYS. :)

Kisses.

अनिल कान्त : said...

सही कहा आपने एक समय पर हमें नहीं कहना सीख लेना चाहिए.