Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Transitioning...

I have been home exactly a month back. Its been a massive journey in the past few months in my personal life.

Life at IIJNM hostel specially A2 (the room i stayed in) had transformed beyond my imagination just as the months ended and it was just a matter of a few weeks before we dismantled. it was a strange sensation, on one hand i was dying to get back, home seemed like paradise... at the same time a feeling of dread overcame me just imagining a life away from all my roomies. it was as if some invisible forces were bonding us in strong vices. the fun the laughter had suddenly magnified, we were closer than ever.
Vaidehi
Even now sometime i lay awake in the morning, closing my eyes tight imagining myself back at A2, hoping to just jump out of my bed and see all my roomies sleeping. i miss those goodnight and good morning sms's to Vaidu.. i miss seeing Deepi curled up in a ball, sleeping.. i miss the gurgling laughter of Anu...Shephali's morning exercise.. life was a routine... but mostly i miss having my best friend (Vaidu) around me 24*7.. its been painful experience to yank the roots i had spread at IIJNM to move away to my life (that has always been for the last 21 years) back at home. I cant ever forget the last roomie hug, the tears rolling down my face, clasping Vaidu's hands as they led me to the hostel gate where mum and dad were waiting for me to get into the car that would take me to the station and away from my 1 year stay at Bangalore and from people who had become my family. As the car moved away i could barely stop the tears., i could see Vaidu waving then she hung her head for a moment and then walked in stoically. the best part of the journey was, despite our differences, our clashing natures when it was time to say goodbyes we all left but we left being close to each other, and we left as good friends.

When i left home a year back I thought life was coming to an end on a personal front. But at the same time i knew my life was about to change forever, that it was my only opportunity to live a life that i had always wanted. I'm glad i took the plunge for the rise was surely worth it.

Coming up... Perks of living a life away from parents in a new city...

36 comments:

ANWESA said...

First !

ANWESA said...

I guess yehi life che. Milna,bichadna n wapas milna :)
Hope all your dreams turn true :)
n you keep scribbling them here :P

Ria said...

Yes this is what life is all abt, we resist change and jus when we start liking the change, life changes again!! All we can do is hope for the best! All the best dear. :)

♥ Chocolate lover ♥ said...

:))

Americanising Desi said...

did i ever tell you how much you scare me

renew said...

與人相處多微笑,個人獨處多沈思。 ............................................................

Matangi Mawley said...

WOW.. that's true.. i went back a little in time.. that's exactly how i felt too!

keep posting!

chrry said...

What must be must be. ............................................................

pri said...

some timing!!!
i relived all my hostel memories once again today..only difference was that we depended on a conference call for that this time around..
but it was bliss! :)

洪筱婷 said...

要照顧身體歐~保重......................................................................

江婷 said...

Poverty tries friends..................................................................                           

Aditi..............:) said...

Here after a long time! Gr8 to hear you completed one whole year in banglore and njoyed every bit of it!! You will be fine...keep writing!

Bikramjit Singh Mann said...

THats life .. you meet people and you separate , some stay with you.. You meet new people.. and the same rig-ma-roll again..

I can fully understand what you went through, I am myself a hosteller, so had a fun time but all good things come to an end ..

I hope and prey you meet up with ur pals soon and your friendship lives on ...

All the best

立偉立偉 said...

累死了…來去看看文章轉換心情~.................................................................                           

SF-1 said...

I wanted to comment on the blog, but could not even read what is written. Could you please change the background color?

佳蓉佳蓉 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

惠桂惠桂 said...

Hello~Nice meet you~~............................................................

欣怡 said...

Poverty is stranger to industry.............................................................

Appu said...

Life is a combination of chapters And We - The readers.

偉軍 said...

留言支持你~希望能看到更好的作品 ..................................................................

姿柯瑩柯dgdd憶曾g智曾 said...

你所貫徹的形象,你喜愛它有多少百分比,你就幸福多少百分比................................................

洪淑桓洪淑桓 said...

謝謝格主的分享..................................................................

雲亨雲亨雲亨 said...

天下沒有意把鑰匙,可以打開所有的門............................................................

香昱信張君林 said...

厚 !!!等了好久的更新~~一定要支持的啦(ΘωΘ)......................................................

芳綠 said...

真正仁慈的人,會忘記他們做過的善行,他們全心投入現在的工作,過去的事已被遺忘。..................................................

佳瑩佳瑩 said...

天氣涼了~要注意身體喔@~@............................................................

徐俊賴靜雯賢 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。............................................................

于庭吳 said...

愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。......................................................................

敬周喜 said...

旁觀自己的悲傷是解脫,主觀自己的悲傷是更加悲傷................................................

雅佳謙筑 said...

宇宙萬物中,沒有比人的存在更值得驚訝的!是怎樣的緣份讓我能在分享你的心情~~............................................................

凱v胡倫 said...

做好事,不需要給人知道,雖然只是一件微不足道的事,但我相信,這會帶給我快樂。..................................................

偉曹琬 said...

愛情是盲目的,但婚姻恢復了它的視力。......................................................................

冠陳儒 said...

生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。..................................................

偉冠儒冠儒倫 said...

很耐斯的部落格,留言支持你繼續加油............................................................

ankur said...

Hi,I recently came across your blog and I have enjoyed reading.Nice blog. I thought I would share my views which may help others.I turned 41 and i have Erectile Dysfunction problem. After reading that INVIGO can cure ED,tried it. I have seen the difference. Its giving very good results and is a permanent solution. I will keep visiting this blog very often.we can reach INVIGO at WWW.invigo.in.

PriPat said...

change is the law of life... nice blog!