Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tears of grief and longing



Today is just one of those days
When the pain in unbearable
The despair is gnawing at my soul
Tears are threatening to spill
It fills to the brim and overflows, unabashed
The pain makes me wonder out aloud
Why me? A voice in me answers
‘Because you are strong enough to tide through it all!’
But I don’t want to be the strong one
I don’t want to put up a fa├žade of being brave
I wish I could just succumb to the pain that is tearing me apart
I want a pair of strong arms, His, to pull me up
Up against him, rocking me as I break down
His voice firm and full of love telling me,
That he is there, and I shall survive.
I break out of my reverie
Tears have left a soggy trail behind
I look for his arms, but he has long since gone
Just as I had known he would
Then why does the pain still rip me apart
Every time nostalgia visits me?
Life is changed manifolds
Never to be reversed again…

3 comments:

Americanising Desi said...

"Every time nostalgia visits me?
Life is changed manifolds
Never to be reversed again… "

i echo the same thoughts as and when nostalgia visits

Ria said...

Aah this was painful for sure....*hugs* sweetheart things will get better with time.

ANWESA said...

As a piece of fiction,its one of your best. An iota of reality..... Hugs.