Sunday, January 09, 2011

Circle of Life

Have you ever come across a time in life when you think life has come a full circle? Well it happened with me yesterday and its a nice and a funny incident that I thought could do wonders to lift the spirits of my blog! :)

Last year in January, I was still a student studying Journalism. Paranoid, apprehensive and unsure as to what lay ahead of me. I had by then become irregular to blogging but whenever I did post it was about campus placements, interviews, an my first brush with this competitive world of job hunting. You can read about my first placement day which in itself was a hilarious event in my life where I goofed up big time.So that was last year. Yesterday I found myself on the other side of the interview table where it was me who taking the interview. Yes it did wonders to my self confidence but more than which for once as an interviewer I know what each of the candidates were going through, so in itself it was a very humbling experience to say the least!

As a stream of freshers came and went, I noticed the beads of perspiration making its presence felt prominently. I saw the crossed fingers, the hopeful looks, the nervousness making the palms sweaty. As I sat there I wondered at the thoughts that must be coursing through the minds of these people who has walked into the room to try their luck to secure a job. I wondered just how they perceived of me! Did I appear to be someone serious, strict or someone they could be comfortable with?


I remember when this guy called Arun walked into the room he seemed to be a little fidgety. Halfway through he was perspiring like nobody's business. When I asked him to convince and sell me his tie, and I gave him a hard time, he just felt ready to fall apart. Ultimately i had to reach into my backpack to get him a tissue! I couldnt believe that people could take me seriously! :) All along I have been someone people are pally with, most of the jokes are like cracked on me and basically I couldnt imagine that there could be a time when even I could be someone to recon with (there goes... so much for an ego booster!! lol! :P) But jokes apart,  I was just doing my job there, and my heart went out to all those students who were at the threshold of an important phase of their lives.

I am amazed at how soon this past year has gone by. Its been like I have traveled to the moon and back. I wonder why, whenIi look back I cant look back in bitterness but only with a smile? Im glad I have chosen a brighter hue to look at life as opposed to my otherwise bleak and despair filled life, because I know if I dont smile, then tears are just a blink away! :) But this thing called circle of life, where we do come back to where we began our journey has always happened to me, and somehow it keeps recurring. Has it ever happened to you?

This song called "Circle of Life" fit my thoughts completely, so I thought of posting the lyrics here. Hope you like it.

From the day we arrive on the planet
And blinking, step into the sun
There's more to see than can ever be seen
More to do than can ever be done
There's far too much to take in here
More to find than can ever be found
But the sun rolling high
Through the sapphire sky
Keeps great and small on the endless round

It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life

7 comments:

Matangi Mawley said...

:-) ... Interesting.. I remember reading your placement post.. This is good! :D

but i have so fa not experienced this "circle" thing in my life.. it has been an "endless tunnel" so far! :)

Ria said...

Yes at times like these we realise that our life has come a full circle.

Pesto Sauce said...

Life does have its own quirky ways

Anwesa said...

omg!! now you interview people !! awesome !

Liked the tone of the post.

An awesome post on a Monday morning.

Freelancer said...

wow...tu badi ho gayi hai...

and lol...i do remember ur examination day goof up lol

Arv said...

Hiiiiiii mate :)

hows you been?

wow... feels so good to read this... happy for you mate....

Keep living the dream :)

am back at my blog with a new address... have only ur old email... pls email me and I will send u the link. :)

take care...

cheers,
Arv.

Aragorn said...

On a lighter note, As for the interviewee's experience, anyone who sits on the other side of the table is powerful as that of Yama's assistant with the power of decide his/her future. So, tats more of as state of mind. And if you decide to wield your weapon (doesnt matter which one), God save the poor souls...

Well a Good outlook... Life is indeed turbid with it's own tumultuous ups and lows; which we call the Circle of Life.