Saturday, February 19, 2011

I will be gone someday...

Just when you think you have figured me,
Know at that very moment you are
Farthest from the truth.
Fool you are to think
You can fathom the depths of my soul,
Words can give you an inkling of what is
The reality lies shrouded within.
Love that teaches you to selflessly give,
Love that makes you break down time and time again.
It also empowers you to rise again..
Love will make me stronger than ever
To someday walk away…
From you, from everything that was ours,
But will the pain end?
Lofty thoughts can just make life seem bearable
But truth is what is never to be
Is there for a cause
And to serve the cause is what I intend!
The day the heart gives up
Know that, I will be gone
Yes I will be gone, someday
Without a trace
And I will usurp you of me!
None of my writings will remain
Nothing to link you to me
But memories.. but they too will be gone
Just like I will someday
And that day you will think
You know not who I have been
And you will be farthest from the truth
And the truth will always elude you.
I will be gone someday.
 Gone without a trace
Somewhere, where you will never find me...
Yes I will be gone someday
And you will never know the real me,
Or the love that i harbor within...

8 comments:

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

i wrote a very similar poem raka, long time back and i dont even know where exactly it is kept. your poem reminded me about mine. thank you so much.


one word for your poem: PRISTINE.

Ria said...

Loved the wordings...so real. Good to read a real nice poem after a long time.

Anwesa said...

This was phenomenal.Hit me like a truck. I never thought that you could write this way.

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

Oh when they come for me, I'll be gone.

The lines were really nice.

Neeha said...

The simple lines hav a lot of meaning within and they are so true.

The Silhouette said...

Hey, Hi
So deep the words are...dis appointment and acceptance all along, yet hinting the love that was there, now an illusion...beautifully woven...
loved it to bits...

Regards,
The Silhouette...

Pesto Sauce said...

We all will be gone one day but don't know when

yamini meduri said...

was here after a long time...and to be frank..the title of the post got me here...!!!

wonderful piece of writing Raka..!!!