Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Anguished Soul

I strive each day
To be there
To make life
So much better for you!

I toil hard
To bring a smile
To make you feel loved
To make life easier for you!

I fight with myself
To put you before me
To selflessly give
To make life comfortable, just for you!

I chide myself
To be perfect
To do things
Just to please you!

Few words of appreciation
A smile for reward
An approving look
Is all that I desire!

I love, I cry
I give, I die
Some more each day,
When no matter what I do
I am unable to be
What you want me to be.

I hate, I loath
I rebuke, I blame
Myself, for not being good enough
For my gestures leave no imprint
My love goes unnoticed
Even my efforts go waste!

Tears have long since dried
Leaving behind a soggy stain
Heart is pained
Knife twists in my gut.
Not being good enough is such a bane!

8 comments:

Nikita said...

Not being good enough is such a bane...

You are a bliss gal..Such wonderful soul...Such pure emotions...

Eon Heath said...

Hey, Hi
beautifully expressed the turbulence in the heart...
nice...

Regards,
The Silhouette...

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

Not good enough? Maybe, she could stop trying being too harsh on herself and worked for her hearts delight, not his. For once, at least.

Nice read.

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Anorak said...

The story is similar,
the feeling so familiar
each word brings back memories of the past, wasted love, wasted care... keep walking!!!

☆ Rià ღ said...

Loved each n every word of it!! Too good gurl.

Kanishk said...

maybe she shud try to please herself for a change..

Anwesa said...

*Wordless*

the silent observer said...

:( I relate.